Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Harmony One remote + HP IR receiver + Revo 1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I have a Harmony One remote that I use to control a Revo with a [knockoff?] HP IR receiver that I got for $13 on eBay. I've noticed that if I hold the up or down buttons, it scrolls about 6-7 times, freezes, the jumps about 6-7 more items. Has anyone else experienced this?

If I recall correctly I'm on Dharma Beta 3 on that particular machine. I can upgrade to the official release if anyone knows this to be a fixed issue.
It's been about a week, so I'm reserving the right to "bump" this thread. Has anyone experienced this?
As someone who just purchased these IR receivers, what ebay seller did you purchase it from, and what makes you think its a knock off?
kollock Wrote:As someone who just purchased these IR receivers, what ebay seller did you purchase it from, and what makes you think its a knock off?

I'm pretty sure there is no point in knocking off USB IR receivers. The ones sold on ebay without retail packaging are in all probability overproduced quantities that just weren't bundled with oem pcs.

alexpigment: you might want to check your timings in harmony configuration.
Could this possibly be the HTPC specs? The XBMC interface sounds like it is lagging...
kollock Wrote:As someone who just purchased these IR receivers, what ebay seller did you purchase it from, and what makes you think its a knock off?

Good ol' luoluohun if I remember correctly. I saw this particular auction mentioned in several threads before I purchased it: http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Media-Center-IR-I...2515wt_704

I think it's a knockoff because of my previous experiences with getting items from China. Everything has worked, but they aren't the real deal. Admittedly, the HP IR receiver looks legit, but I have a friend with a real one, and they aren't the same. For what it's worth, I only suspect knockoff and hence I put a question mark in my description.

vanOert Wrote:I'm pretty sure there is no point in knocking off USB IR receivers. The ones sold on ebay without retail packaging are in all probability overproduced quantities that just weren't bundled with oem pcs.

alexpigment: you might want to check your timings in harmony configuration.

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Go buy a $15 Xbox 360 USB receiver on eBay; it's a knockoff too. Shape is dead on, but it says "XBOX 360" on it instead of microsoft. Also the lights blink differently. Lots of stuff coming from China on eBay are knockoffs, although some are definitely overstock.

I have messed with my timings (0ms up to 100ms). I don't know what setting it could be, especially if it only lags after 6-7 scrolls.

bmcclure937 Wrote:Could this possibly be the HTPC specs? The XBMC interface sounds like it is lagging...

It doesn't do this with my keyboard or xbox 360 controller. Seem specific to either the harmony or the receiver. I don't have a way to test each one individually.
I am sorry to see you have not received any replies to this... I am deciding on my HP IR receiver and may avoid the seller you purchased from. For $7 more I can get a product from the US (in hopes that it is legitimate).
Hope it's not too late but scroll down to the last message in this link. This thread has someone with the same model remote and resolved his not working. Maybe you could PM him and see if his is doing the same thing?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=695754