Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samsung TV monitor display driver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got a new Samsung UE46C8000. Love it, bar the lack of display driver.

Everything is a little too sharp, and lettering isn't uniform.

Is there any Samsung compatible driver? so I can get better quality.
I'll bump this for you as I am interested too.
Are you guys on windows ? and why would you need a dedicated driver ?
I Don't understand the question, please explain more Wink
The-Boxhead Wrote:Are you guys on windows ? and why would you need a dedicated driver ?
I Don't understand the question, please explain more Wink

I realize my 52" Samsung Plasma works fine as a Generic PNP monitor (VGA), but we were wondering if these big screens actually had drivers for Windows XP or Win 7.
I have never seen it, do many bigscreen lcd on computers there with win7.
You dont need a driver either.
NO NEED FOR A DRIVER!!!!

If your quality sucks that means you don't have 1:1 pixel mapping going. Display drivers are wastes of HD space.
Use HDMI instead of a VGA interface, problem solved.
Or, if you are using HDMI and it's too sharp, turn down the sharpness in the Picture settings. I found it was over-sharp (compared to using VGA) as it defaults to 55, turn it down to 0-20 and it should look better.

Don't know about the non-uniform lettering tho, can you post a photo?
I've seen a number of TVs that don't support their native resolution, or any HD resolution for that matter, over the VGA port. You can usually check the manual for supported resolutions via the VGA input. You'll want to use HDMI to get the full resolution and refresh rates supported for video on your set.

Even my Sony SXRD which support 1920x1080 over VGA still won't do 24hz over VGA, 60hz only. It won't support 1280x720 on VGA at all.
GJones Wrote:Use HDMI instead of a VGA interface, problem solved.

Working on convincing my spousal unit that I need a new amp that supports HDMI. Easier said than done. I may have to commit an act of sabotage on my system ;-)