Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thank you: Acer Revo R3600 or R3610 + XBMC 10 Dharma = Glorious!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seriously - Dharma on the first Gen ION boxes from ACER is simply stunning.

I have the R3610 (Dual Core Atom 330), my friend has the R3600 (Single Core 230). 1080p H.264 BD Rips in MKV container play utterly flawlessly in Dharma on these boxes! Nod

Let me be more specific to possibly help some others...

Both systems configured as follows:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
- ION Chipset, Audio & Video Drivers
- Realtek HD Audio Drivers v2.55
- 2 GB DDR2 667 (512MB allocated to Video in Bios therefore 1.5GB available in OS)
- XBMC 10 (Dharma) Duh! Rolleyes
- Sources pointing to an LG NAS over 100MB Wired Network
- DXVA2 Enabled Rolleyes

Dharma just works! Plain and simple. CPU Utilisation is just below 10% on R3610 and averages about 20% on R3600. Switch DXVA2 off and you'll see just why you need the ION GPU Acceleration now "official" in Dharma.

99% of you will already know this of course. This post is mainly to thank the developers for simply outstanding work and to help be VERY clear for those still questioning if this config *should* work!

Thanks all! Donation about to be made!

PS: Even HD iPlayer Streams work flawlessly!
PPS: Hint - If you can't get Dharma playing 1080p BD Rips flawlessly on Revo's then it's not XBMC's fault... Rolleyes
Agreed. Just bought another R3610 to go in the living room.

Quite possibly the best bit of tech I've ever bought. Most pc's drop in value but the r3610 actually increased, even after about 16 months or so of owning it.

I've just started using xbmc "properly" in that I've only just got round to using scrapers and various other bits n pieces. Top class stuff.
I know what you mean. I've recently started managing all my content via Ember. It's is a great util to get the specific artwork you want as well as managing the other meta data in the NFO file.

My kids absolutely love having the Movies option dedicated to them so that they can choose what film they want to watch via the poster and fan art as they scroll through the list. (and their Dad likes no longer having to buy duplicate DVDs to replace the ones they've scratched beyond use or broken!)
RabbiDreed Wrote:Seriously - Dharma on the first Gen ION boxes from ACER is simply stunning.

I have the R3610 (Dual Core Atom 330), my friend has the R3600 (Single Core 230). 1080p H.264 BD Rips in MKV container play utterly flawlessly in Dharma on these boxes! Nod

I just want to add that it works just as well on even lower-end Acer Revo boxes... I have two Acer Revo 1600s and it plays back everything perfectly!
Yes, I agree.. I have acer revo 3610 with windows 7 and dharma. Just Perfect Big Grin
Good to know. I should be getting 2 of the newer 3700 htpcs tomorrow! Needless to say I am pretty excited.
Should I assume that XBMC should work just as well on the newer Acer Veriton VN282-ED526A

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=035244

I was going to do a custom build on an I3 based system running windows 7, but the price point I came out to was about $550 Canadian, but that system is probably overkill.. and probably a lot noisier...

Edit - actually just realized that this PC has no SPDIF out (my receiver has no HDMI in) so maybe the Asrock ION 3D would be a better choice, although it's quite a bit more... and doesn't include windows 7

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=034993
tboooe Wrote:Good to know. I should be getting 2 of the newer 3700 htpcs tomorrow! Needless to say I am pretty excited.
Do these output audio and video over HDMI?
kricker Wrote:Do these output audio and video over HDMI?

Yes! Nod (the R3700s, that is!)
What kind of library sizes are we talking here? I'd be interested in a Revo if it has no trouble with movie art for about a thousand movies.
It'll be fine with a library that size. i would use the dds fanart setting though.
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
unfortunately, I am not having the same luck. I have a 3610 and just installed xbmc 10 dharma. i only have 720p videos and it is stuttering like crazy. Any ideas? boxee works just fine.
chainblade Wrote:unfortunately, I am not having the same luck. I have a 3610 and just installed xbmc 10 dharma. i only have 720p videos and it is stuttering like crazy. Any ideas? boxee works just fine.

enable DXVA2 in video options
scovette Wrote:It'll be fine with a library that size. i would use the dds fanart setting though.
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

what does that do exactly? does it need to be placed in the advancedsettings.xml?

I've got about 250 hd movies in my library and on my revo it's sometimes a little slow to update the backdrop/fan art when browsing from cover to cover. Compared to my desktop quad core with 4 gigs, which is super fast..
snowy Wrote:enable DXVA2 in video options

I've already done that. That was the first thing I did. It is like it is not actually enabling it.
Pages: 1 2