Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: any ideas how to make different fonts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
some one to have ideas how we can make fonts for Huh??
xbmc uses xpr fonts. you can use the mxm font bundler to take a ttf font and make the xpr file.
(kraqh3d @ jan. 09 2004,19:51 Wrote:xbmc uses xpr fonts.  you can use the mxm font bundler to take a ttf font and make the xpr file.
i have the same question. i even got sdk, but still have no idea how to put .abc, and .tgr into .xpr.....

and where can i find "mxm font bundler" thix program?

thanks t_t
the mxm font bundler is gui'ed font maker by benjeremy, author of mxm (check out the forums at xbox-scene.com)

it requires the fontmaker and bundler found in the xdk. you just open up a font and save the .tga and .abc files. then bundle those files to make the .xpr resource file

it can usually be found on news in a.b.c.i.xbox
that previous post reminds me of robin williams in good morning vietnam where he (in a very robin willams way) rambles a whole bunch of acronyms to some military grunt...  :d

i'd like to have other fonts for xbmc aswell but that didn't sound like the simplest task...? are there any downloadable fonts out there?

/floink
(kraqh3d @ jan. 10 2004,23:41 Wrote:the mxm font bundler is gui'ed font maker by benjeremy, author of mxm (check out the forums at xbox-scene.com)

it requires the fontmaker and bundler found in the xdk.  you just open up a font and save the .tga and .abc files.  then bundle those files to make the .xpr resource file

it can usually be found on news in a.b.c.i.xbox
thanks for the answer !! i will go have a look!

but kragh3d, sorry to bother you again,
i got fontmaker, bundler, in sdk, , do you know how to creat .xpr file? do i have to write a .rdf file to let bundler go through .abc, and .tga and make .xpr file??

i am not a programer, so please help t_t

thanks !!!
... see, there you go again   :d
(floink @ jan. 11 2004,00:09 Wrote:... see, there you go again   :d
hahah sorry, i forgot you give me the answer already...
er... tt|||

thanks!
the xdk bundler uses the rdf file to make the xpr file.
if you dont use the benjeremy's custom gui, you need to write the rdf file yourself.

"bundler font.rdf" will create font.xpr

the rdf file is just a simple text file, which describes what tga file and what abc file to use, just replace "font" with ur filenames

// font.rdf

out_packedresource font.xpr

texture font
{
source font.tga
format d3dfmt_a4r4g4b4
levels 1
}

userdata fontdata
{
datafile font.abc
}
based on kraqh3d's information, i found the font bundler and created some fonts from windos's installed fonts. my question is what to after i created the font? should i just simply replace the files in xbmc/media directory or i have to recompile it with the xdk?
if you're just trying to use your new fonts in a skin, then you can either replace the existing fonts in the xbmc-root/skin/skin-name/fonts directory

or

place your new fonts in the xbmc-root/skin/skin-name/fonts directory and change the defininations in the xbmc-root/skin/skin-name/font.xml file. if you use this method, be sure to leave the font names the same in the xml file, and only change the filenames. otherwise, you'll need to do a search and replace for the font names thru all the other skin xml files
one more question, by replace the font in the skin directory, will xbmc be able to view the file name list(including words using the new font) correctly?
i created three fonts(song in ms) with size 13/14/64 by using font bundler. i renamed them to common-font13.xpr/common-font14.xpr and common-font64.xpr and replace the old files in mediacenter skin. i did saw the font change of xbmc gui. but when it gets to a chinese character(in the file name), it still couldn't decode it, only showed some unreadable characters. does anybody have any idea how to resolve this problem? thanks in advance.
bigv: i have the some problem with polish characters. the problem is in fontmaker.exe. fontmaker saves font (*.abc and *.tga) in windows western characters only !!!
i am trying to use fontbundle but without success.
when i run “fontbundle.exe” and click to the “fontmaker” button
nothing appear on!!!
i tried into 3 different systems (winxp, win2000, winme)

in my folder i have 4 files:
bundler.exe
readme.txt
fontbundle.exe
fontmaker.exe

did i something missing?
thanks in advance
Pages: 1 2