Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Make Clean Library Shortcut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently Update Library is easy to get to by pressing "c" in the movies area and others.

Is there a way to add "Clean Library" to this context menu?
If pointed in the proper direction I can do some code manipulation, I am very inexperienced with coding, but can do some things by brute force.

Thanks
What are you using to control your system (i.e. keyboard, remote, Xbox controller, etc)? You could just map an unused key to the Clean Library function
Thats true, I'll do that for now but I would really like it to be in the menus easy to find.

It would be easier for the users I'm setting this up for who are not computer savvy.
You can also set it up so it cleans library on every update, it's awesome. This goes in your .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
  </videolibrary>
Thanks, I do like that idea but the reason I want it manually is because of external hard drive use.

If for instance an external is used as part of the library it would lose those in the library and then take forever downloading the information again when its attached
Forgot to mention I am using a keyboard
jkeough41: did you find a solution for this?
You could write a script to do it and add the script under the Programs heading ...

JR
Does anybody have a solution to clean / refresh the library using a keyboard shortcut?
(2014-02-05, 14:15)__pm Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have a solution to clean / refresh the library using a keyboard shortcut?
Look at the above solutions; having the clean library function too convenient with large collections not available will wipe out entire libraries.
There is a way to just clean the library if you don't want to do both update and clean (not sure why one would want to do that, as it should take about the same amount of time).

The keymap (wiki) shortcut would look something like:

Code:
<g>CleanLibrary(video)</g>
(2014-02-05, 20:49)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

Nice one, I just used this as a custom menu option.
(2014-08-10, 04:23)Prizm4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 20:49)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ] 
Code:
Nice one, I just used this as a custom menu option.
Does this still work in Leia and Matrix. I tried using it in Leia and I couldn't get it to work but it works fine in Krypton.
(2021-03-19, 01:37)kevn57 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this still work in Leia and Matrix. I tried using it in Leia and I couldn't get it to work but it works fine in Krypton.
Try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2794144
(2021-03-19, 02:03)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-19, 01:37)kevn57 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this still work in Leia and Matrix. I tried using it in Leia and I couldn't get it to work but it works fine in Krypton.
Try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2794144

I use <j>CleanLibrary(Video)</j> in Krypton but when I update to Leia it no longer works.
Pages: 1 2