Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice a few new things, like icons and such.... great stuff Big noid! I am having a couple of issues though since the new icons showed up. Not quite sure if it is skin related or what.

My screen saver (video fan art slide show) is not coming up any more. No settings in xbmc have changed regarding that. Problematic in the world of flat screen TVs.

I have weather plus installed, and it seems to randomly fail. Probably not a skin issue though, just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Just comes up as script failed when not even using the weather feature.
Death-Axe Wrote:I have weather plus installed, and it seems to randomly fail. Probably not a skin issue though, just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Just comes up as script failed when not even using the weather feature.

Ye, lately for me weather plus has randomly failed as well. I don't think that's a weather plus nor skin issue - I think that's the place the 10-day forecast is being scraped from...I think. It tends to fail for me about this time, 2 am GMT.
fional Wrote:Ye, lately for me weather plus has randomly failed as well. I don't think that's a weather plus nor skin issue - I think that's the place the 10-day forecast is being scraped from...I think. It tends to fail for me about this time, 2 am GMT.

Ah ok. I got rid of it, I rarely use the weather feature.

My full screen visualizations aren't kicking in either. No idea what could be causing this! again, not good for thin screens... can anyone help me?
gabbott Wrote:Missing a media icon for DTS 4.0 in the movie info window.

XBMC reports this as:

Listitem.AudioCodec: dca
Listitem.AudioChannels: 4

Edit: just noticed missing one for DTS 6.1 as well.

Listitem.AudioCodec: dca
Listitem.AudioChannels: 7
Yeah, I have to make those flags, cause they are not available in the same format as the other flags.
Death-Axe Wrote:Ah ok. I got rid of it, I rarely use the weather feature.

My full screen visualizations aren't kicking in either. No idea what could be causing this! again, not good for thin screens... can anyone help me?
Seems to me there is something running that keeps the screen saver from kicking in. But I don't think that can be caused by things in the skin.
Hello...love the skin....
I have one question..is there a way to add navi-x to my movies submenu??
thanx...and this skin in wonderfull...also will there be a tv guide such as neon??
imthebrain Wrote:Hello...love the skin....
I have one question..is there a way to add navi-x to my movies submenu??
thanx...and this skin in wonderfull...also will there be a tv guide such as neon??

You should be able to add navi-x to the movies submenu. First make it a favorite then under skin settings u can select it as a submenu under Movies.

Tvguide is already included. Its a submenu under TV Series.
Big_Noid Wrote:Random item script is run on startup, so if you just installed it, the script hasn't run yet until a restart of xbmc (or press right in one of the random item widgets to manually run the script).

I'was using a pvr branch xbmc version. Now I'm back to the pre-eden and it works.

Anothe little issue:

In the Music home background I can use the misuc Fanart; why it's not possible with movies and tvshow?

BTW

GREAT Skin

thnak you

L.
Hi

Just switch over form Mediabrowser and really like your skin. I have problem changing the views under smart playlists. Basically, I created 2 smart playlists under video menu and added them to main menu (kid and Movie). when I switch views for Movie, it also apply to Kid as well. Is it possible to have different views with smart playlists added to main menu?
uncertainty Wrote:You should be able to add navi-x to the movies submenu. First make it a favorite then under skin settings u can select it as a submenu under Movies.

Tvguide is already included. Its a submenu under TV Series.

Thanx...was able to do it...Cool
Wow,

Incredible skin, thank you so much for it. It feels very polished and useful, also, home window backdrops are very nice. I just updated my dharma version to pre-eden and found out I didn't like the direction the confluence skin was going. I was very fond of the "mediainfo" view but it has changed dramatically with some "ugly" HD/SD icons Sad

Anyhow, your skin is excellent so it is going to be our skin for pre-eden / eden. I've got some comments after 2 days of use. Actually they are 2 questions, 1 small bug/glitch and 2 small requests Wink

The questions:

1. One of the reason I tried the skin was that I read in the first post that TV next aired script was somehow supported within the skin. However, I can not find any information of next aired in TVshows :? (I am using the infolist view).

2. Maybe eden is going to add some PVR capabilities to xbmc, are you going to try to add some views for it?

The glitch:
3. In the lowlist view in movies, when sorting by runtime, runtime does not fit in the lighted column list.

The requests:
4. In the fullscreen menu (when you press menu when watching a movie) the buttons are in a horizontal layout and they some of them are difficult to reach (they require many keystrokes). I don't know what people use this menu for but in my case I use it for just two things: downloading subtitles (with the subtitle addon) and selecting the audio track / subtitle track in the audio settings. I never use the stop/play/pause as I have got the remote/keyboard for that. I was wondering if it is possible to re-order this buttons so settings are closer to each other and not separated by the "play/pause/skip" buttons. Or maybe a two row configuration like the old confluence skin might help or even delete/remove the "play/pause/skip" buttons...

5. This one is more personal I think but I really like the "timeremaining" info, so you can check not only the time when the movie is going to finish but also how much time is left. I was wondering if it could be easy to add this information somewhere in the info view and the seekbar/progressbar view.

In any case, again thanks for all your work in this skin.
lupick Wrote:In the Music home background I can use the misuc Fanart; why it's not possible with movies and tvshow?
You can with video's. I did it this way because XBMC doesn't split fanart for movies and tvshows. So you would also see tv show fanart in the movies section, I don't think this is good. You can use the script videofanartsplitter and use the resulting folders as backgrounds.
darknet Wrote:Hi

Just switch over form Mediabrowser and really like your skin. I have problem changing the views under smart playlists. Basically, I created 2 smart playlists under video menu and added them to main menu (kid and Movie). when I switch views for Movie, it also apply to Kid as well. Is it possible to have different views with smart playlists added to main menu?
I can't control that with the skin, it's something that has to be fixed/made into XBMC.
pilluli Wrote:1. One of the reason I tried the skin was that I read in the first post that TV next aired script was somehow supported within the skin. However, I can not find any information of next aired in TVshows :? (I am using the infolist view).
a bit of false advertisement I'm afraid on my part. It's only available in landscape, showcase and bannerplex view on tv show level. Atm a lot of shows are not airing and you will see a lot of info unavailable. This should be fixed in upcoming releases of the next aired script.
pilluli Wrote:2. Maybe eden is going to add some PVR capabilities to xbmc, are you going to try to add some views for it?
I am not, because I don't have pvr hardware, but I believe Butchabay is making a pvr mod for this skin when he is ready with cirrus extended.
pilluli Wrote:The glitch:
3. In the lowlist view in movies, when sorting by runtime, runtime does not fit in the lighted column list.
Thx, I will fix that.
pilluli Wrote:The requests:
4. In the fullscreen menu (when you press menu when watching a movie) the buttons are in a horizontal layout and they some of them are difficult to reach (they require many keystrokes). I don't know what people use this menu for but in my case I use it for just two things: downloading subtitles (with the subtitle addon) and selecting the audio track / subtitle track in the audio settings. I never use the stop/play/pause as I have got the remote/keyboard for that. I was wondering if it is possible to re-order this buttons so settings are closer to each other and not separated by the "play/pause/skip" buttons. Or maybe a two row configuration like the old confluence skin might help or even delete/remove the "play/pause/skip" buttons...
I really can't change the layout of that screen, as I think this is the only option for a mediacontrol layout. What I have done is map a key to my remote to run the subtitle script and subtitle sync(this is example for keyboard.xml and missing all other options):
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <F4>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</F4>
      <w>SubtitleDelayPlus</w>
      <q>SubtitleDelayMinus</q>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
I can however built in some shortcut so that you press up on play you go straight to subtitle button or audio video setting.
pilluli Wrote:5. This one is more personal I think but I really like the "timeremaining" info, so you can check not only the time when the movie is going to finish but also how much time is left. I was wondering if it could be easy to add this information somewhere in the info view and the seekbar/progressbar view.

In any case, again thanks for all your work in this skin.
I guess this is indeed missing in the skin. I'll try to add it somewhere.
On my system I've a problem adding button favourites.

the first fasv button appear but if I add a second one it doesn't appear th e home.

Coauld you check??

thanks

L.
lupick Wrote:On my system I've a problem adding button favourites.

the first fasv button appear but if I add a second one it doesn't appear th e home.

Coauld you check??

thanks

L.
Yep, that was a bug. Fixed now.
Cool, my Nox just updated. It also installed the TV Next Showing or whatnot add-on. Is that a requirement for Nox, or was it just a matter of convenience, or something entirely unrelated? :p
In the music list view im presuming it's been changed as I only get the cdart now but not the cover .It looks like the cdart is floating in mid air. Is this correct with the new update or am I missing something here?