Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great skin, I've decided to change it up a bit on my two XBMC HTPCs and I'm now using Aeon Nox. Smooth as butter and looks fantastic. Good job!
I took a quick look through this tread and didn't find this so I'm sorry if it's been asked already. I've noticed that, with this skin, if you go to "Movies" and then go back to the main menu and select "Videos" it goes to the "Movies" library even if the last time I was in "Videos" it was in the files view of the main directory. Is there any way to fix this so it always goes to where you last were (or at least stay in files mode)? Also, I've noticed that certain plugins (YouTube for example) seem to default to the Wall view. How can we change this? Even if I change it to "List", I have to change it for every single level I drill down to. Thanks!
Hi, I've installed Aeon Nox and I'm liking it a lot! You've done a very nice job there.

However, I've got a little problem. My xbmc is in spanish, so I have Música, Películas, Imágenes and a few more that got the ` in it.

With the standard Nox menu, I get: MúSICA, IMáGENES, PELíCULAS and so on.. with the legacy aeon menu bar i is correct.

Any ideas on why it is happening and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!
Hello,
I have the same problem in french : SéRIES, MéTéO, ...
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Great skin, I've decided to change it up a bit on my two XBMC HTPCs and I'm now using Aeon Nox. Smooth as butter and looks fantastic. Good job!
Good to hear Smile
smcnally75 Wrote:I took a quick look through this tread and didn't find this so I'm sorry if it's been asked already. I've noticed that, with this skin, if you go to "Movies" and then go back to the main menu and select "Videos" it goes to the "Movies" library even if the last time I was in "Videos" it was in the files view of the main directory. Is there any way to fix this so it always goes to where you last were (or at least stay in files mode)? Also, I've noticed that certain plugins (YouTube for example) seem to default to the Wall view. How can we change this? Even if I change it to "List", I have to change it for every single level I drill down to. Thanks!
The youtube problem is caused by a setting in the youtube addon I think.
If you don't have both tv shows and movies enabled in the main menu videos will take you to the last library entry. This is the same behavior as in confluence. You can always use the files shortcut in the submenu of videos to go directly to files.
PatrickVogeli Wrote:Hi, I've installed Aeon Nox and I'm liking it a lot! You've done a very nice job there.

However, I've got a little problem. My xbmc is in spanish, so I have Música, Películas, Imágenes and a few more that got the ` in it.

With the standard Nox menu, I get: MúSICA, IMáGENES, PELíCULAS and so on.. with the legacy aeon menu bar i is correct.

Any ideas on why it is happening and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!
It's caused because I don't have an all caps font. I can fix it for the main menu, but not for the rest of the skin.
smcnally75 Wrote:I took a quick look through this tread and didn't find this so I'm sorry if it's been asked already. I've noticed that, with this skin, if you go to "Movies" and then go back to the main menu and select "Videos" it goes to the "Movies" library even if the last time I was in "Videos" it was in the files view of the main directory. Is there any way to fix this so it always goes to where you last were (or at least stay in files mode)? Also, I've noticed that certain plugins (YouTube for example) seem to default to the Wall view. How can we change this? Even if I change it to "List", I have to change it for every single level I drill down to. Thanks!

Are you using the SVN version? I'm having some troubles with mixed up library and file-list views too. I think the problem began with the latest update or maybe the one before.

Does not matter if I enter "TV Shows" or "Movies" I always end up at the screen I saw, when I last used the library and pressed "ESC". It's really hard to explain.
I have three separate setups of XBMC all using Aeon Nox (loving it)
2 x WIN7 builds and one debian
the 2 windows builds can't select any of the submenus under movies and i'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this
i have the bar locked to the bottom and i can press down to get to the menus but when i action any of the options other than the update option, it doesn't do anything
anyone seen this before?
jhdinsdale Wrote:I have three separate setups of XBMC all using Aeon Nox (loving it)
2 x WIN7 builds and one debian
the 2 windows builds can't select any of the submenus under movies and i'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this
i have the bar locked to the bottom and i can press down to get to the menus but when i action any of the options other than the update option, it doesn't do anything
anyone seen this before?

If you are using nightlies, please use the git version of the skin. See first post for link.

EDIT: misread, you can access the submenu, but they don't do anything when clicking on them? A debug log of pressng the buttons that don't do anything might show what's wrong.
Hey Big Noid,

I have the same problem with the movies submenu.
It give the following error code:

Code:
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieactors)
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieactors)
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 ERROR: Python script "script.cinema.experience" does not exist

If i chose movies and then go to "movieactors"it works fine. Error code is the same for all other movie sub menus.
I use the pre-eden nightly of july 3 and your latest git version of the skin (downloaded today). Al this running in Win7 x64.

I als have some other comment about the genre icons. I have my language settings in Dutch (also for movie info) so al movie genre info is also in Dutch. So the skin also expects them in the Dutch language. Maybe there is some way to embed this in this add-on that no mather what language you have it always point to a "english" specific file.

Also if i install the skin using the GIT version it creates a new directory in the "addons"dir like this "BigNoid-Aeon-Nox-32da730".
So every time you update there is a new one. So you have to copyfor example the genre icons to the new onë.

Great work for this fantastic skin.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Hey Big Noid,

I have the same problem with the movies submenu.
It give the following error code:

Code:
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieactors)
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieactors)
16:30:39 T:5092 M:1475764224 ERROR: Python script "script.cinema.experience" does not exist

If i chose movies and then go to "movieactors"it works fine. Error code is the same for all other movie sub menus.
I use the pre-eden nightly of july 3 and your latest git version of the skin (downloaded today). Al this running in Win7 x64.

I als have some other comment about the genre icons. I have my language settings in Dutch (also for movie info) so al movie genre info is also in Dutch. So the skin also expects them in the Dutch language. Maybe there is some way to embed this in this add-on that no mather what language you have it always point to a "english" specific file.

Also if i install the skin using the GIT version it creates a new directory in the "addons"dir like this "BigNoid-Aeon-Nox-32da730".
So every time you update there is a new one. So you have to copyfor example the genre icons to the new onë.

Great work for this fantastic skin.

The error is caused because the option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default" is enabled, but the script is not installed. I will disable the option if the script is not installed. To fix just disable the option in the Home Window options.
I can't alter the way the genre icons work. I just use what you see as label in genre view. It's the only way, if I hardcode it to english, then there would be hundreds of extra lines of code. (which is bad ;-))
I would just unzip in existing directory and overwrite content, but if you install as zip it should automatically be renamed to skin.aeon.nox. Last time I checked it did just that. If not, it's not something I can help with.
Big_Noid Wrote:The error is caused because the option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default" is enabled, but the script is not installed. I will disable the option if the script is not installed. To fix just disable the option in the Home Window options.
I can't alter the way the genre icons work. I just use what you see as label in genre view. It's the only way, if I hardcode it to english, then there would be hundreds of extra lines of code. (which is bad ;-))
I would just unzip in existing directory and overwrite content, but if you install as zip it should automatically be renamed to skin.aeon.nox. Last time I checked it did just that. If not, it's not something I can help with.

Problem solved. Indeed by disabling the "use cinema experience script".
I on the other hand used an other aproach by installing The Cinema Experience Smile

Less code is indeed better and renaming the icons to the appropiate language is much less work i think.

The zip contains the same sub folder as the addons folder so apperently is doesn't (anymore). I'll try again later and let you now.
Keep up the good work.
Nightly version skin is crashing on startup since xbmc nightly of around 2 days ago.
First let me say thanks for a great skin!

I apologize if this has been asked already, only skimmed through about half this thread but:

I've noticed that if i get an error the toast never disappears, and it blocks the rest of my inputs (navigation/play/pause/back/etc) which means i have to restart my mediapc to be able to use it again.

Has anyone else noticed this? (Most common way for me is running a library update and trying to mark an item as watched/unwatched)

I'm using a remote for navigation, can't connect a keyboard to debug unfortunately.
pardu Wrote:Nightly version skin is crashing on startup since xbmc nightly of around 2 days ago.
I can't reproduce this. Can you make a debug log / crash log?
Shadowsoul Wrote:First let me say thanks for a great skin!

I apologize if this has been asked already, only skimmed through about half this thread but:

I've noticed that if i get an error the toast never disappears, and it blocks the rest of my inputs (navigation/play/pause/back/etc) which means i have to restart my mediapc to be able to use it again.

Has anyone else noticed this? (Most common way for me is running a library update and trying to mark an item as watched/unwatched)

I'm using a remote for navigation, can't connect a keyboard to debug unfortunately.
You can exit it with the Esc key, if you have that mapped. If you don't have that mapped, I fixed this a couple weeks ago, but it's not yet in official repo. I made it so that you can also press OK to get out of the notification.
To fix, drop these in 720p folder of skin.aeon.nox (only Dharma version of the skin):
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trun...alogOK.xml
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trun...ogress.xml
Then just press OK to close the dialog and while scanning press OK to cancel scanning. (ESC also works)
Since it was not part of original Aeon design the OK and Cancel buttons are hidden, but fully functional.
pardu Wrote:Nightly version skin is crashing on startup since xbmc nightly of around 2 days ago.

Sometimes have had the same problem a couple of times. Mostly the only sollutions is just reinstall (without uninstalling) the same version and it's up and running again. Also during updating library it hangs on the same artist for hours. Only option is forced shutdown of XBMC. I think this is more a problem of the core program than of the skin.
Installed latest build of Today (July 5) and no problems so far..

Greets