Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mindzai Wrote:Mouse is not supported in Aeon skins. They are intended for use with a remote.

The exact sentence from About @ xbmc.org says :
"XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, Windows, and the original Xbox."
In that order... As I recall, Linux, OSX and Windows DO use mouses ! What's the point making a car without wheels (until they can fly) ??

As for the whole process of getting it working (I mean the add-on thing then the repositery then the download) : not very ergonomic!!! Come on, time passed since command line interfaces and the geeky stuff...
idoru17 Wrote:The exact sentence from About @ xbmc.org says :
"XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, Windows, and the original Xbox."
In that order... As I recall, Linux, OSX and Windows DO use mouses ! What's the point making a car without wheels (until they can fly) ??
wrong. wheels are essential for a car, mouse isn't for xbmc, you should say smth like:

what's the point making a car without ashtrays?
sergiocos Wrote:wrong. wheels are essential for a car, mouse isn't for xbmc, you should say smth like:

what's the point making a car without ashtrays?

You shouldn't confuse an operating system with its graphical user interface or human device interfaces.

@BigNoid: Just registered here to say that your skin is my favourite so far. It doesn't feel bloated but still advanced and very nice on the eyes. Are there any plans to add further views to the programs menu to have a nicer support for the Advanced Launcher? Landscape would of course be great but else I might try to add it myself.
balast Wrote:Big Noid.. is this normal that whenever you update the Aeon Nox.. my skin jumps back to Confluence and I have to go to settings to pick up Aeon Nox again?

This will be fixed in Dharma 10.1:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10876
Revenge Wrote:That Happened to me to, from 0.4 to 0.5.
But that way, i know something happened :p

Two questions.
Big Noid, its possible to have Random Fanart from our library in the Homescreen for movies and tv shows?

The second one, its possible to change the Trailers Source? Cause the one we use, its alwasy buffering, making it impossible to watch.
You can specify the video fanart folder as backdrop folder, but this doesn't split tv shows and movies. I have no intention at this time to implement a script for this.
I just use the trailer url XBMC scrapes, I don't know how to change that.
sid6581 Wrote:@BigNoid: Just registered here to say that your skin is my favourite so far. It doesn't feel bloated but still advanced and very nice on the eyes. Are there any plans to add further views to the programs menu to have a nicer support for the Advanced Launcher? Landscape would of course be great but else I might try to add it myself.

It's on my to-do list, but at the moment it's not listed very high on that list...
Big_Noid Wrote:The skin is unpacked 47 MB, the zip in the repo is 35 MB.
I've heard it runs quite smooth on ion systems, but I have no way of testing that. I've not heard about performance on Apple TV2. Try it out and let us know!

I'll let you know as soon as I get XBMC up and running.
Im waiting for the untethered GP RC6 release.
I've been updating via the SVN and have been absolutely astonished with the progress and speed at which Big_Noid has pushed Nox! Congrats and keep up the great work!

I appreciate the additions of Party Mode to the Home screen, Next Artist in the MusicVisualization and the NR MPAA wide icon. I am a huge fan of the Low List view and I've added a NR MPAA icon for that view as well (image file below) by inserting the following into ViewsVideoLibrary.xml line #1727
Code:
<control type="image">
            <width>90</width>
            <height>60</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <colordiffuse>FFDDDDDD</colordiffuse>
            <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime2</fadetime>            
            <texture>flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png</texture>
            <visible>SubString(ListItem.mpaa,US:NR) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,USA:NR) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,Rated NR) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,NR) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,Not Rated)</visible>
          </control>

Here's a Home page navigation menu MOD as I prefer the Home screen navigation bar font and background found in Aeon65. This can be achieved by adding two images and a font file (found below) and editing Home.xml and Fonts.xml. In Home.xml comment-in lines #749-766
Code:
<control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>302</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>150</height>
        <texture>home/homemenu_back.png</texture>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
      </control>

<control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>302</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>150</height>
        <texture>home/homemenu_gradient.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>d0FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
      </control>
Now comment-out lines #798-806
Code:
<!--
      <control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>340</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>66</height>
        <texture>osd/osd_back.png</texture>
      </control>
      -->
You'll then have to comment-out Font.xml lines #44-48 and add a new Font_MainMenu:
Code:
<!--
    <font>
      <name>Font_MainMenu</name>
      <filename>Ubuntu-B.ttf</filename>
      <size>50</size>
    </font>
    -->
    <font>
      <name>Font_MainMenu</name>
      <filename>aeon_settings.ttf</filename>
      <size>79</size>
    </font>
The above code calls on the following files:
/fonts/aeon_settings.ttf
/media/home/homemenu_back.png
/media/home/homemenu_gradient.png
/media/flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png

File Pack - Files for this MOD
Textures.xbt containing all images (Big_Noid's SVN revision 218, RightListNav, NR MPAA, Aeon65 home) and compressed with Duplicate Check flag
@Big_Noid

I have so many individual convenience. But how does it look like bluray and dvd cases ? And second could you build in an function when i press the upper key in homemenĂ¼ ofr movies that there will appear the last 5 or 6 new added movies in a list not only 1 movie ?

How could i install the latest svn version. Is there a tool to get the files automatically ? When i install the Revision R220, 219 etc. are the changes then implemented ? Sorry for the newbie questions, but xbmc is all new to me Sad

Greets
Eisi
Eisi2005 Wrote:How could i install the latest svn version. Is there a tool to get the files automatically ? When i install the Revision R220, 219 etc. are the changes then implemented ? Sorry for the newbie questions, but xbmc is all new to me Sad

Greets
Eisi

You can do this with tortoise...the link Ive send you yesterday...
just co the repository into your addons-directory...

cheers,
mad-max
Hi,

ok if tested it and i seems to work Smile

Greets
Eisi
Any plans to implement extra thumbs support yet Big_Noid? Smile
smiffy1989 Wrote:Any plans to implement extra thumbs support yet Big_Noid? Smile

Yeah, will be in next release for showcase views (it's already in svn).
@Big_Noid

you are very fast to assemble your wishes !! Great.

Could you say when you build in the config for yes/no at shutdown in the svn ? When it is implemented i could build up my xbmc in the living room Smile

Greets
Eisi
Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

you are very fast to assemble your wishes !! Great.

Could you say when you build in the config for yes/no at shutdown in the svn ? When it is implemented i could build up my xbmc in the living room Smile

Greets
Eisi

It's already there under Home window Options (since it only applies to the shutdown button in the home screen). Maybe I should move it to general settings?