Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

Just jumped over to XBMC from the Boxee world and I was fortunate enough to find this skin which i'm really enjoying. I did run into a problem though that i'm hoping someone can help me with.

Before today Whenever I went to TV show info I would see the 'thumb' on the left side and all the info on the right, but now for some reason all i get is this...

and even in BigFan view which I love...I now see no Thumb on the bottom

I thought maybe my 'Thumb's weren't downloaded correctly by they're all there and working in the Posters view, no problem.

I tried uninstalling and re installing the skin, anyone have any ideas? Am I just completely missing something?
I'm just bought a HTPC and install XBMCLive. I'm pretty new to linux and was wondering if someone can help me install this skin.
No questions or problems here, just a quick note to say thank you for this amazing skin. My livingroom is now complete!
Matryx Wrote:I'm just bought a HTPC and install XBMCLive. I'm pretty new to linux and was wondering if someone can help me install this skin.

You can install this skin from the add-on menu in system. You don't need to do anything in Linux.
coaltrain Wrote:Hey All,

Just jumped over to XBMC from the Boxee world and I was fortunate enough to find this skin which i'm really enjoying. I did run into a problem though that i'm hoping someone can help me with.

Before today Whenever I went to TV show info I would see the 'thumb' on the left side and all the info on the right, but now for some reason all i get is this...

and even in BigFan view which I love...I now see no Thumb on the bottom

I thought maybe my 'Thumb's weren't downloaded correctly by they're all there and working in the Posters view, no problem.

I tried uninstalling and re installing the skin, anyone have any ideas? Am I just completely missing something?
Enable Use Posters instead of Banners for TV Shows in General skin settings (or download poster.jpg)
dillinger Wrote:No questions or problems here, just a quick note to say thank you for this amazing skin. My livingroom is now complete!
Smile
Good Monday Big_Noid Smile

I double-checked again and there is no option to clear the "now playing" playlist from the context menu. And I must be being silly, but I don't see it under the media menu either. When I go to "Video" hit down then playlists, the "queue" playlist isn't shown.

Are these skin concerns or is that something I should report elsewhere?

Thanks!
So by mistake I turned of Home Visuals and noticed this...

It looks right if the menu isn't lowered though. Wink

And yes the weather in Miami has been horrible the last few days, I always had the weather stuff turned off til last week.
fional Wrote:Good Monday Big_Noid Smile

I double-checked again and there is no option to clear the "now playing" playlist from the context menu. And I must be being silly, but I don't see it under the media menu either. When I go to "Video" hit down then playlists, the "queue" playlist isn't shown.

Are these skin concerns or is that something I should report elsewhere?

Thanks!
I think you have the wrong screen. The now playing screen is entered through pressing space whenever there is something playing or through the submenu of music. In the media menu there is option to Clear which will clear everything that is now playing. Playlists under Video is mostly for smart playlist control.
LiLChris Wrote:So by mistake I turned of Home Visuals and noticed this...

It looks right if the menu isn't lowered though. Wink

And yes the weather in Miami has been horrible the last few days, I always had the weather stuff turned off til last week.

I see, will get to that. Weather hasn't been much here either last couple of weeks.
I have a problem with this great skin. When I first start up XBMC I always have choppy movements the first couple of seconds in the home menu and I also have some delay when I go back in menues after watching a movie.
Is there something I can do?
Hey Bignoid,

Thanks for the update. Looks great!

however, in carousel view, is it correct that you can only have posters or EXTRA fanart in the info panel? I would like to add the fanart, but this seems impossible?

When looking at the carousel image overhere : http://code.google.com/p/aeon--nox/ it does seem to have the fanart (which is also displayed in the bg) in the infopanel?

Is it possible to add the carousel mode to the ALA mode in NOX as well?

Cheers,
Grave
Big_Noid Wrote:I think you have the wrong screen. The now playing screen is entered through pressing space whenever there is something playing or through the submenu of music. In the media menu there is option to Clear which will clear everything that is now playing. Playlists under Video is mostly for smart playlist control.

Oh ok, well how do you clear the "queue" on like tv shows of films? Because what I've been doing is hitting "Q" then hitting "C" to go to "Now Playing" and then I can play from that screen - but the only way to clear that list (that I can see) is to quit XBMC.

When you say media menu, I feel silly but I'm not sure what you mean like how to get to it.
Bjur Wrote:I have a problem with this great skin. When I first start up XBMC I always have choppy movements the first couple of seconds in the home menu and I also have some delay when I go back in menues after watching a movie.
Is there something I can do?
Startup choppiness is from running scripts at startup. You can disable those by editing Startup.xml, but you will lose some automated functionality (random/recent added).
You don't have the same delay in Confluence when exiting a movie?
st graveyard Wrote:Hey Bignoid,

Thanks for the update. Looks great!

however, in carousel view, is it correct that you can only have posters or EXTRA fanart in the info panel? I would like to add the fanart, but this seems impossible?

When looking at the carousel image overhere : http://code.google.com/p/aeon--nox/ it does seem to have the fanart (which is also displayed in the bg) in the infopanel?

Is it possible to add the carousel mode to the ALA mode in NOX as well?

Cheers,
Grave
The fanart is only for TV Shows (and for ALA if implemented). Limited space and too much info for movies that I wanted to display on the panel to use fanart.
fional Wrote:Oh ok, well how do you clear the "queue" on like tv shows of films? Because what I've been doing is hitting "Q" then hitting "C" to go to "Now Playing" and then I can play from that screen - but the only way to clear that list (that I can see) is to quit XBMC.

When you say media menu, I feel silly but I'm not sure what you mean like how to get to it.
That's the same screen. I think you have Kiosk mode enabled which prevents you from using media menu. Media menu is the menu which contain all the viewtype settings.
Hi Big_Noid
Since Aeon Nox is released, one thing is user-unfriendly:

If you go to the media menu (Library View, Viewtype etc.) and wanna go out of this menu, back button doesn't work.

Please fix this. Smile
is there pvr support for aeon nox?
Big_Noid Wrote:That's the same screen. I think you have Kiosk mode enabled which prevents you from using media menu. Media menu is the menu which contain all the viewtype settings.

Ah, yes I do have that enabled Smile Thanks Big_Noid!