Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah, check out the script videofanart splitter. It automatically sorts your video fanart in tv shows and movies. And then just point to the directories made by the script for movies and tv shows backgrounds.

Small note:
If you used Ember (or any other program) that scrapes nfo and fanart that is stored along with your movies this doesn't work. It only works if you use the xbmc internal scrapers so the images are store in your thumbnails folder.
Just thought I'd share this with you all since Nox inspired me to do this for my music library. Friggin' love this skin so much.

I just finished adding to Stolek5's music genre icon pack which had 261 icons from this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57687

I just uploaded a zip file that now has 327 icons and thought'd I share them since Nox can put them to such good use. I made a post in that thread about it http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867...stcount=31

But here's a download link to make it easier Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/?fr95247xcjanxyi
Hi Smile

This is more to do with the script.artistslideshow script than Nox, but I thought I'd mention it here as well...

Would it be possible to add a way to restart the script.artistslideshow script? What happens to me, frequently, are two things:

1. It will error immediately if I use the clearart downloading script prior to running music with no visualisation. So if I go to a TV Show, hit I, go to get logo, select one of the logos...then go to music. The script will fail and never restart again until I re-run XBMC.

2. If it goes to play music to an artist that isn't on Last.fm, such as the harpist and balladeer Kathleen Harrop, then the script will error. (One of two things happen in this instance, it'll be stuck on the last person playing OR it'll just go permanently black). When I stop playing the music, there will usually be an error on the bottom of the screen.

These are definitely script.artistslideshow issues, but would there be a way to "kill" the script and restart it somehow without having to quit XBMC and restart it again?
Rygrath Wrote:Just thought I'd share this with you all since Nox inspired me to do this for my music library. Friggin' love this skin so much.

I just finished adding to Stolek5's music genre icon pack which had 261 icons from this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57687

I just uploaded a zip file that now has 327 icons and thought'd I share them since Nox can put them to such good use. I made a post in that thread about it http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867...stcount=31

But here's a download link to make it easier Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/?fr95247xcjanxyi
Great, thx!
fional Wrote:Hi Smile

This is more to do with the script.artistslideshow script than Nox, but I thought I'd mention it here as well...

Would it be possible to add a way to restart the script.artistslideshow script? What happens to me, frequently, are two things:

1. It will error immediately if I use the clearart downloading script prior to running music with no visualisation. So if I go to a TV Show, hit I, go to get logo, select one of the logos...then go to music. The script will fail and never restart again until I re-run XBMC.

2. If it goes to play music to an artist that isn't on Last.fm, such as the harpist and balladeer Kathleen Harrop, then the script will error. (One of two things happen in this instance, it'll be stuck on the last person playing OR it'll just go permanently black). When I stop playing the music, there will usually be an error on the bottom of the screen.

These are definitely script.artistslideshow issues, but would there be a way to "kill" the script and restart it somehow without having to quit XBMC and restart it again?
If you start music viz again it will run the script again. Nothing more I can do really.
Big_Noid Wrote:Great, thx!

If you start music viz again it will run the script again. Nothing more I can do really.

Didn't think so, I posted the issue on their thread as well. For me, when restart the music vis, it just dies again. It does require a restart, it seems. Very weird Smile
Just made the switch to pre-Eden on an aTV crystalbuntu install. Installed the Passion repo and got the SVN of Nox. I previously used the stock version of Nox on Dharma because it had the looks of Aeon but the zippy speed of Confluence and I was expecting the same on pre-Eden. However, Nox SVN has a really hard time with the library views. Where the pre-Eden Confluence skin pops up a view in a second, Nox can take 10 to 20 seconds to get there. It doesn't seem to matter which view is picked. Is this an optimization issue that will be taken care of when Nox gets onto the reguler XBMC repo, is this version of Nox just that much heavier than old Nox, or am I doing something wrong?
[quote=Big_Noid]@ meridius: It's the tagline. I like it a lot. If you want to remove it you can edit Includes_Showcase.xml. Do a search for ListItem.Tagline and delete that control.

Hi there is there nyway you could add an option to turn the tag lines on and off in the settings of the skin in your new Version or future versions

thanks
Hi,

Not sure that this is a skin issue really but thought I would try here first.

I have three media centre machines. 1 macmini, 1 revo and a desktop.

They all scrape ok and I have exported the library so they all use the same meta-data.

From the home menu, when i go to the tv episode recently added, two of the machines show fanart as i scroll up and down. The revo however refuses to show fanart as i scroll up and down in the recently added tv episode list.

All machines show movie fanart ok when scrolling up and down in the recently added list.

Do you think this is a skin issue or more likely a recently added script error?

Ben
@GuySie: There should be little difference in opening time of the library between dharma version and eden-pre version. There also should not be that big a difference between nox and confluence. I don't know what is wrong.
I made some changes today, that hopefully should improve performance on slower systems, both on dharma and eden-pre version of the skin.

@meridius: I think at this point there are already to many options for the infopanel. Maybe I will drop the country / subtitle toggle. That has been an annoyance of mine to have that in the options anyway, since XBMC only sees the first subtitle and language, and in place I will make a tagline toggle.

@thebodster: Since two machines do show fanart I think you can rule out a skin issue.
I always leave it set to audio/subtitle anyway as this is good to know if it has subtitles but why people want a country option is a waste I think.
Still loving this skin!!!

The issue with the Album covers in Music when coverflow is OFF has been fixed (YAY). Big Grin

I have noticed another small issue in the music library. When viewing the info for an artist, the Discography has the artist overview layered over it.

Also.

I am using an SQL database so this may be the issue but the widget for "random song\album" never populates anything. The Video random widget seems ok (Though it takes about 1 minute to populate) the music one doesn't seem to populate at all.
will u guys ever release a lite version of this skin??
EDIT: Upon checking, no it seems that the video random is an issue also. If the random scripts are active it causes a disconnect from the SQL database by the looks. After a while, XBMC reports no files available and I cannot enter the music or TV shows librarys (but the random video widget shows episodes).

The latest widgets work perfectly
aoaaron Wrote:will u guys ever release a lite version of this skin??

What's the point in that?
That way it will lose everything that makes it Aeon Nox.
Saw you posted somewhere else that you already had problems with Confluence and that's one of the fastest.
So think you might want to check that first.
If you want it to be really fast invest a little bit more in some decent hardware
@phsyraxion: this is likely a fault of the script. Disable all random widgets tot stop the script from running.
@aoaaron: there is already lite mode; disable all viewtypes except lowlist.