Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big_Noid Wrote:I wouldn't know, there is no mouse support, but I don't know of touch support or how to implement it. You can select and click on menu items with mouse though, but I don't know if that should work with touch devices?
At least in main menu it does not work. I was stuck there - no chance to do anything or switch back. It was not possible to select and click on anything in the main menu but e.g. to swipe left (=backspace) worked fine.

Your skin is light enough to work fine with iOS devices. Would be great to have it on the iPad....
Quote:I can't see anything skin related in the log. Does it crash when you open a movie in showcase, with infopanel disabled, but enabled through the trigger setting? Because that is the only thing I know is different from other skins when pressing play. Or doesn't it matter in which view or screen you are, it just always crashes?

I just tested it out a bit. I got no problem with MediaStream Skin or Xperience Skin which I use at the moment. Every Movie format works there.

At the NOX skin every DIVX and DVD movie works in every View (Showcase, List, Wall ...)
720p and 1080p Movies work most of the times in Showcase, Low List, List and DVD Case view. Not in Landscape and Wall View.
Sometimes it crashes in Showcase too. When this happens I can see a flipping movie info which turns around really croppy. Then it crashes. Most of the times I don't see this movie info at all - then it works.

Would it be possible (or is it allready) to turn of those animation in the system skin settings?

thanx for your effort
cheers Gernot
Big_Noid,

thanks for the Ratings. They're working very well.

Personally, this skin is pretty much complete for me.
Though, I wouldn't mind a second banner-view with nothing special just two rows (eg.2x5/2x6 items) Laugh
however, feel free to ignore this request Smile

Cheers
+1 for the second banner view Smile

Greets
Eisi
+2 for the second banner view Smile

Tom
+3 for the second banner view Smile

skunk
Awesome skin! I've been in love with Aeon since forever, but an aTV1 doesn't have the power to run it. Nox works perfectly though. Took me less than a minute to decide to bounce my perfectly working Confluence setup for this.

One question that's probably only relevant for me: can I edit a file somewhere so the shutdown button on the main menu actually reboots the system? The aTV1 has no power down functionality so shutdown puts it into some odd unresponsive mode where it's still on but I can't even SSH into the system anymore, and I need to physically disconnect the cable to start it up again. Reboot makes more sense for me.
kees667 Wrote:wow, great skin! tried it on my asrock 330 with ssd. ran Mq2 before but didn't feel fluent enough, I really like the feel and responsiveness here.

two points of feedback:
1) When scrolling in the main menu I notice that some pictures appear sooner than others. I tried this on pictures, the background (motobike) takes some time to show. If I then scroll to the next item, and back than suddenlty the background (motorbike) will instantly reappear. If I browse "full circle" and reach pictures again then it is slow again. Appears as if it caches only a few backgrounds?

Weird thing is that I liked the slow appearance at first, and then noticed that some others are fast, kind of weird.

2) what does flatten do? in movie (library) mode I get sent back to main menu when I enable it, then when I go back I don't spot any difference, could be me. In music (fileview) I can turn flatten on/off without going back to main menu but I don't see any changes.

keep it up and thanks!
1: I can't reproduce this. Every background is faded in 1 second on my system.
2: The flatten button is standard XBMC functionality:
Flatten library (hide sub-catagories, like genres, studios, years, etc...)
So it's true most of the time you won't see any difference, since the main menu button takes you straight to title view.

@Death-Axe, tboooe and Dascmo:
lol, I just added that to svn just before your messages!

Microsaft Wrote:At least in main menu it does not work. I was stuck there - no chance to do anything or switch back. It was not possible to select and click on anything in the main menu but e.g. to swipe left (=backspace) worked fine.

Your skin is light enough to work fine with iOS devices. Would be great to have it on the iPad....
I really haven't got a clue where to begin to add touch support? Also I don't have a device to test with. Hopefully XBMC will be ported to android some time soon so I can start testing.

itsmeee Wrote:I just tested it out a bit. I got no problem with MediaStream Skin or Xperience Skin which I use at the moment. Every Movie format works there.

At the NOX skin every DIVX and DVD movie works in every View (Showcase, List, Wall ...)
720p and 1080p Movies work most of the times in Showcase, Low List, List and DVD Case view. Not in Landscape and Wall View.
Sometimes it crashes in Showcase too. When this happens I can see a flipping movie info which turns around really croppy. Then it crashes. Most of the times I don't see this movie info at all - then it works.

Would it be possible (or is it allready) to turn of those animation in the system skin settings?

thanx for your effort
cheers Gernot
I really doubt this is a skin problem, and you're likely to have this problem some time soon in other skins as well, but you can go to Includes_Showcase.xml and delete the animations that start with these lines:
Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="Player.HasVideo" reversible="false">
and
Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="!Player.HasVideo" reversible="false">

lol @ all the banner requests Smile I think I will add a banner wall view, but it's not a priority atm.

GuySie Wrote:Awesome skin! I've been in love with Aeon since forever, but an aTV1 doesn't have the power to run it. Nox works perfectly though. Took me less than a minute to decide to bounce my perfectly working Confluence setup for this.

One question that's probably only relevant for me: can I edit a file somewhere so the shutdown button on the main menu actually reboots the system? The aTV1 has no power down functionality so shutdown puts it into some odd unresponsive mode where it's still on but I can't even SSH into the system anymore, and I need to physically disconnect the cable to start it up again. Reboot makes more sense for me.
There is already Restart in submenu of Shutdown which does just that. if you want the shutdown main menu to restart you'll have to edit the Home.xml since XBMC doesn't have restart function in Shutdown function:
find
Code:
<item id="12">
            <label>13005</label>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(shutdownwarning)">NoShutdownWarning</include>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(shutdownwarning)">ShutdownWarning</include>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/shutdown.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Shutdown_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoShutdownButton)</visible>
          </item>
and change to:
Code:
<item id="12">
            <label>13005</label>
           <onclick>Reset</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/shutdown.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Shutdown_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoShutdownButton)</visible>
          </item>
@ Bid_Noid

RE:Additional banner view.

You might as well wait until MQ2's banner wall is out and grab the xml from that. You might have to re-create or reuse some textures but the banner wall he has coming looks rather nice and should be out shortly.

I admit I'm a banner wall fan myself:p
@big_noid

could you check the following bug.

When i make two smart playlist called TV-Serie and Kinderserie and put them to the Homemenu i could only set for both buttons one fanart. Is it possible to set for every homebutton with smart playlist a seperate fanart picture ? If you could not make that, could you tell me in which xml the path stand, maybe i could change it per hand.

Greets
Eisi
just want to thank you for the theme ... was using aeon just felt it was a bit to heavy... i really like what you have done.. was just going to ask if theres any setting that i can have to have the menu bar at the bottom and is there anyway to change the style like the other aeon as it covers some of my backdrops/backgrounds...thanks again big_noid
Thank you very much for this awesome skin, I LOVE it!! And another request Wink There have been a couple of requests on this board for implementation of language flags, for audio and subtitles if available. That is especially useful if you have films in different languages with different subtitles. as it is now one has to open the video to see what language it is in, although the nfo files can have the info and it is easy to add with ember media manager. Any chance you could include those flags?? Cheers
sprite1 Wrote:Thanks for this skin, my ION now rocks! One quick question, is it possible to have launch a plugin directly from the home screen? For example i am using the TVCatchup plugin and would like to be able to able to have this on the main page like so Movies | Videos | Music | Settings | TVCatchUp.

The route to set this up i would guess would be,
Settings > Skin > Addon shortcuts > Enable shortcut > Enable custom add on button one > Enter name (TVCatchup) > path to addon > From here my plugins are not listed?

Hi, ive been reading a little more into this and it seems that it requires a mod of the home.xml to do this.

May i ask this be put forward for a feature suggestion Smile

Again thanks for rocking my ION!
skid23 Wrote:just want to thank you for the theme ... was using aeon just felt it was a bit to heavy... i really like what you have done.. was just going to ask if theres any setting that i can have to have the menu bar at the bottom and is there anyway to change the style like the other aeon as it covers some of my backdrops/backgrounds...thanks again big_noid
In the skin settings there is an option under Home window options: Lock mainmenu and Lower main menu while locked. Check these two to have lower main menu. I don't have different styles for home menu, danofun posted a mod in this thread to make the menubar like that of original aeon, you could try that out.

leisure Wrote:Thank you very much for this awesome skin, I LOVE it!! And another request Wink There have been a couple of requests on this board for implementation of language flags, for audio and subtitles if available. That is especially useful if you have films in different languages with different subtitles. as it is now one has to open the video to see what language it is in, although the nfo files can have the info and it is easy to add with ember media manager. Any chance you could include those flags?? Cheers
I don't know of language/subtitles flags. I know there are listitem labels for those things and I have been figuring out where to put those, but to this date I don't have a satisfying solution.
sprite1 Wrote:Hi, ive been reading a little more into this and it seems that it requires a mod of the home.xml to do this.

May i ask this be put forward for a feature suggestion Smile

Again thanks for rocking my ION!
I just added custom favourites for mainmenu to svn, so they are in the next release. Just add your addon to your favourites and you can then add them to main menu, with custom background.
dascmo Wrote:@ Bid_Noid

RE:Additional banner view.

You might as well wait until MQ2's banner wall is out and grab the xml from that. You might have to re-create or reuse some textures but the banner wall he has coming looks rather nice and should be out shortly.

I admit I'm a banner wall fan myself:p
I'm all for posters, can't have showcase view with banners, but I can't ignore all these requests Big Grin
Eisi2005 Wrote:@big_noid

could you check the following bug.

When i make two smart playlist called TV-Serie and Kinderserie and put them to the Homemenu i could only set for both buttons one fanart. Is it possible to set for every homebutton with smart playlist a seperate fanart picture ? If you could not make that, could you tell me in which xml the path stand, maybe i could change it per hand.

Greets
Eisi
fixed that, thanks for the bug report.