Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hack_kid Wrote:Quick question I've ignored this for awhile now but after a few weeks of a fresh install the skin starts to slow do specifically the home menu when I back out to it its choppy navigating for a good 15 secs any idea why?
Have the same problem.
I'm trying different things to see what is causing this.
Maybe the random items script or video bookmarks.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110750
Or maybe just disable addons auto update ?
butchabay Wrote:Or maybe just disable addons auto update ?

To fix the stuttering?
Don't really find that a satisfying solution. I want to keep the auto update function.
Can't find any reference in the log to the auto update function.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:To fix the stuttering?
Don't really find that a satisfying solution. I want to keep the auto update function.
Can't find any reference in the log to the auto update function.

It's not a solution. it's just to see if stuttering is coming while downloading or when the network is busy.
I don't know if the log file indicates something to this relation.
Shinu Wrote:animations are missing when exiting the bannerplex.
Yeah I forgot that one and also BannerWall. Will be added soon.
Hack_kid Wrote:Quick question I've ignored this for awhile now but after a few weeks of a fresh install the skin starts to slow do specifically the home menu when I back out to it its choppy navigating for a good 15 secs any idea why?
I don't have this problem on Linux, but I've seen it on my windows test machine. For me most problems were traced back to weather +.
If you can't reproduce it on Confluence I can take a look at a debug log to see if I can find skin related problems.
butchabay Wrote:It's not a solution. it's just to see if stuttering is coming while downloading or when the network is busy.
I don't know if the log file indicates something to this relation.

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't have this problem on Linux, but I've seen it on my windows test machine. For me most problems were traced back to weather +.
If you can't reproduce it on Confluence I can take a look at a debug log to see if I can find skin related problems.

No indication of the update in the log so i think i can rule that out. Only the library statistics (recently added)+video.bookmarks script.
Already disabled the RSS feed. Now i have disable the library statistics+video.bookmarks script and it seems to be solved. Will be kepping an eye out next few days and then turning those back on one by one.

It seems to appear only on windows and in Dharma10.1 and pre-Eden.

EDIT:
This accours. Did notice that the recently added script is still exicuted when it is disabled in skin settings.
http://pastebin.com/Hg8WWq11
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah I forgot that one and also BannerWall. Will be added soon.

I don't have this problem on Linux, but I've seen it on my windows test machine. For me most problems were traced back to weather +.

I've found that as well, actually, that in those instances disabling weather + the stutter went away. Of course, this (for me) was due to issues with where weather+ was scrapping and the problem went away.

Another thing that really causes loads of "stuttering" issues for me with Nox is Trakt.

If the OP has Trakt on, maybe disable it and try again. Of course, for me, disabling it wasn't enough, I had to uninstall it - because it was still running something. Things have been quite smooth ever since.
I was kind of thinking it was weather+ what is the latest version for that anyone know?
Do Linux and at play well together maybe ill switch to Linux also should I have useddsfanart in my advancedsettings XML or is that only for slow CPU
Ok something is seriously wrong with the fade between fanarts, first off u can see the movie_fallback and 2 I feel like I'm running this on an Xbox its so goddamn slow also this doesn't happen with confluece

Edit: ever stranger I re scanned my video library and its faster then before even with adds off should I even try to enable adds again?
@Hack_kid: I really can't say what's going on without debug log. Anything I say would be just pure guessing.
Hi Big Noid

I was wondering if it's possible in your scan to use episode fanarts?
I've created a thread here where I ask about it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post898984

thanks
Big_Noid Wrote:@Hack_kid: I really can't say what's going on without debug log. Anything I say would be just pure guessing.
ok I'm back to the original problem of the home menu ill get a log
-delete-
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.. featured movies dont work on nox latest update..no movies and no pictures in features movies..but lastest movies work..need help quick please