Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw support for artist-logo in the code with the appropriate $SkinString...
I do not see a menu-item for setting the skin-string...

is this only fur future purposes?

cheers,
mm
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe look at advancedsettings.xml if you can change things there.

There are two way. It retrieve it from the mediastream itself or it get's it from the filename.

I'm pretty sure it should be somewhere in the files for the skin rather than an xbmc-wide matching that would go in advancedsettings.xml - I'll have a look though. When I've used skins in the past there has been an Includes_MediaFlagging.xml or similar, but the nox file Include_Mediaflags.xml seems different to most I have used before, and I have no idea how to change things around in it. I use the Low List view if that helps anyone who could point me in the right direction.
With using weather+, I'm not sure if this is a skin or weather+ issue, but the current conditions is coming in all upper case, and so the animated icon isn't displaying. Same with the wee little icon in the main menu of your current conditions.

Anyone else have this issue? I've updated to the new version, so now I'm not so sure it's weather+ anymore.
fional Wrote:With using weather+, I'm not sure if this is a skin or weather+ issue, but the current conditions is coming in all upper case, and so the animated icon isn't displaying. Same with the wee little icon in the main menu of your current conditions.

Anyone else have this issue? I've updated to the new version, so now I'm not so sure it's weather+ anymore.

I think it's xbmc related as stated on xbmc main page:
Credits to them i just copy-pasted.

As a quick followup to the previous article, we are happy to say that XBMC Eden-Pre now has working weather once again, using an addon created by Amet that connects with World Weather Online. To turn weather on, one must install a nightly build of XBMC Eden-Pre no older than 2011, Nov 15, go to addons>Weather, and download the World Weather Online addon. Then go to System>Weather and select World Weather Online as the default. After that, just set your location in Weather Addon settings.

The way weather has been set to work now is by creating a space in XBMC core to interact with weather addons. This space then pushes out weather data to skins in exactly the same way it did prior to the weather breakdown. This method creates a convenient way for backend weather addons to do their work, while keeping weather display methods the same for our skilled skinners.

An immediate benefit to this method appears to be that a number of additional weather addons are already in development. None are officially released yet though, so we’ll hold off on mentioning them until they’ve been deployed.

It’s amazing what a few skilled programmers and some ingenuity can do in a very short period of time.

P.S. Good job, all of you who correctly caught the Game of Thrones reference. 10 points shall be awarded to your houses. Or something.
mad-max Wrote:I saw support for artist-logo in the code with the appropriate $SkinString...
I do not see a menu-item for setting the skin-string...

is this only fur future purposes?

cheers,
mm
It's in the viewtype options --> set path to music library.
fional Wrote:With using weather+, I'm not sure if this is a skin or weather+ issue, but the current conditions is coming in all upper case, and so the animated icon isn't displaying. Same with the wee little icon in the main menu of your current conditions.

It's not a skin issue. Check accu weather, their current condition are passed on in uppercase. Also you have to set the location in the weather plus addon.
Big_Noid Wrote:It's a problem between the next aired script and the logo downloader. Also searching youtube videos causes crashes with next aired script running in background. I think I will add an option to disable the next aired running in the background.
The logo downloader is now a standalone add-on. You can access it in the programs section.

Ok. I installed the Logo Downloader addon and deactivated the Next Aired Script. Logo Downloading works now but the Logo Downloader wont start from Main Menue added as a Favorite under the TV Shows Section. Started for the Program Section everything works fine...
john.cord Wrote:Ok. I installed the Logo Downloader addon and deactivated the Next Aired Script. Logo Downloading works now but the Logo Downloader wont start from Main Menue added as a Favorite under the TV Shows Section. Started for the Program Section everything works fine...

You can set an add-on as a submenu under programs.
Big_Noid Wrote:It's in the viewtype options --> set path to music library.

thanks big_noid...
must have been blind...

cheers,
mm
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:You can set an add-on as a submenu under programs.

I marked the Logo Downaloader Addon as a Favorite. With this i can set it under every Menu Point in the Main Menu as a Favorite, not only under the Programs section... This is not the Problem, the problem is that the addon wont start if i select it from the main menu....
john.cord Wrote:I marked the Logo Downaloader Addon as a Favorite. With this i can set it under every Menu Point in the Main Menu as a Favorite, not only under the Programs section... This is not the Problem, the problem is that the addon wont start if i select it from the main menu....
Just tried this and and indeed it doesn't work with logo-downloader on different fav.. places. Then I tried other add-ons and they do work so it's something in the add-on that is not functioning.
@BigNoid

Maybe a stupid question but where did the 'wide main menu' option go?
Cannot find it anymore.
On InfoWall (Posters and Square) I am guessing there is a mask around it to make the rounded corners. Can you give me how many pixels? I am setting up all my boxart and I would like it to go just to the edges - something like 600x600 with a 10 pixel border or something.

Also, I know you said no new views, but in InfoWall there is Poster and Square, would adding Wide there be a new view? It would be awesome for all the wider boxes. See below for N64

is repeated:

Shinu Wrote:aren't the fonts on both of those sites free? namely coottext. i specifically remember seeing that the fonts were open source and free. and what about the idea of having users add their own fonts. is that even possible?
They are not all free. Some are donationware others are not for distribution
dannycorker Wrote:Could someone help me out with what I'm hoping should be quite a simple request? Sick Beard automatically names my TV Shows with "HD TV" or "SD TV" at the end - these flags aren't being picked up by Nox, I assume because it's looking for "HDTV" and "SDTV". Is there a simple way for me to change this matching?

Thanks.
Added this in git.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@BigNoid

Maybe a stupid question but where did the 'wide main menu' option go?
Cannot find it anymore.
It's in the furniture selector. When main menu is active press enter to toggle.
Banditt Wrote:On InfoWall (Posters and Square) I am guessing there is a mask around it to make the rounded corners. Can you give me how many pixels? I am setting up all my boxart and I would like it to go just to the edges - something like 600x600 with a 10 pixel border or something.

Also, I know you said no new views, but in InfoWall there is Poster and Square, would adding Wide there be a new view? It would be awesome for all the wider boxes. See below for N64
Sure, this can be added. Might be worth to make an issue on github so I don't forget.
PatOso Wrote:is repeated:
Fixed. Also the language changes are added Smile
Hi,

first of all thanks for your great work with the skin and your amazing efforts in giving support (I just recently managed to implemented your problem solving suggestions).

Again I don't know wether this ist a skin speicific question or not, so sorry if not addressed correctly.

I notice with enabled extrafanart the first background shown when changing to a tv-show is always the first extrafanart. Subsequentially extrafanarts are showing in a random order.

Due to the fact, that you can not (easily) manipulate, which is the first extrafanart, it can happen that you will see most of the time a not appealing fanart.

Therefore in my point of view there may be two more consistent solutions to realize this feature.

IMHO the most consequent usage of fanarts with enabled extrafanarts would be the following: When changing to a tv show as first background always the fanart is shown (because this is what you choose as primary background). Subsequentially extrafanarts are shown in a random order.

A second, IMHO not quite as good, approach would be to show a random extrafanart each time you change to a tv show.

Thanks in advance

Seleh