Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TBH, I never understood why u added that panel behind all the views Noid. Thought it looked a lot better as it was. For people like myself who like the old style for all views (bannerwall, wall, etc), is there a way to mod them and change them back? An option to enable or diable it would have been cool, but I figure that would be asking for too much.
Big_Noid Wrote:I made some changes to InfoWall view today and maybe not everyone will like this, but I felt it was necessary to have the same look throughout the skin. So please backup the skin before you update so you can always go back Big Grin

Personally I don't like the frame around, I prefer the previous.NoBlush
peppe_sr Wrote:sometimes turning back from full screen while i'm listening to music during the transition i see this...

peppe
I can't reproduce this...
Shinu Wrote:Updated to the latest git, and season fanart still doesn't work Sad extrafanart is disabled. I like the "now playing" widget, but why not display a bit more info? Like the Studio, Rating and maybe genre? As it is now, it seems a bit barren.
Season fanart was indeed broken, fixed now. Will have another look at the now playing widget for video.

PatOso Wrote:Big_Noid can make the "video addons" look as thumbnails by default?
Thanks
Every view you setis stored in a database so it is the same when you enter it again. Unless you have the youtube plugin. that addon overrides viewtypes if you don't set the setting to xbmc default.
Shinu Wrote:TBH, I never understood why u added that panel behind all the views Noid. Thought it looked a lot better as it was. For people like myself who like the old style for all views (bannerwall, wall, etc), is there a way to mod them and change them back? An option to enable or diable it would have been cool, but I figure that would be asking for too much.
Because I think it looks much better this way and now, except for Episode view, all views have an Aeon look.
I cannot make it optional and of course you can have it back the way it was. All textures are still in the skin. You would have to make the includes Furniture_Showcase and Furniture_Darkgradient not visible anymore for the viewtypes and add the backgrounds that are now in the Viewtype_Episode.xml in the main windows and make it visible for the viewtypes you want. That is all that needs to be done. If you clone my github you can still update and keep your changes.
PatOso Wrote:Personally I don't like the frame around, I prefer the previous.NoBlush
Yep, I knew not everybody would like it, but I feel it's a necessary change.
Big_Noid Wrote:Because I think it looks much better this way and now, except for Episode view, all views have an Aeon look.
I cannot make it optional and of course you can have it back the way it was. All textures are still in the skin. You would have to make the includes Furniture_Showcase and Furniture_Darkgradient not visible anymore for the viewtypes and add the backgrounds that are now in the Viewtype_Episode.xml in the main windows and make it visible for the viewtypes you want. That is all that needs to be done. If you clone my github you can still update and keep your changes.

Where exactly do I find the the includes Furniture_Showcase and Furniture_Darkgradient? In the Includes_Viewtypes.xml? And how do I make it not visible? And what's the code that controls the backgrounds in the Viewtype_Episode.xml? Sorry, I'm not a coder. Blush
Shinu Wrote:Where exactly do I find the the includes Furniture_Showcase and Furniture_Darkgradient? In the Includes_Viewtypes.xml? And how do I make it not visible? And what's the code that controls the backgrounds in the Viewtype_Episode.xml? Sorry, I'm not a coder. Blush

Np, sorry for messing with your views Wink

Take this code and cut it from Viewtype_Episode.xml:
Code:
<control type="group">
      <visible>Control.IsVisible(514)</visible>
      <control type="image">
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <texture>wall/wall_bg_small.png</texture>
        <include>Animation_WindowFade200</include>
        <animation effect="fade" start="90" end="90" time="400" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(altoverlayinfowall)</visible>
      </control>
      <control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <texture>common/fanartoverlay.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>eeffffff</colordiffuse>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(altoverlayinfowall)</visible>
      </control>
    </control>

paste it in MyVideoNav.xml right below the fanart (line 25).

Now you would want to make it visible for InfoWall, so just add Control.IsVisible(512) to it like this:

Code:
<control type="group">
      <visible>Control.IsVisible(514)|Control.IsVisible(512)</visible>
      <control type="image">
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <texture>wall/wall_bg_small.png</texture>
        <animation effect="fade" start="90" end="90" time="400" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(altoverlayinfowall)</visible>
      </control>
      <control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <texture>common/fanartoverlay.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>eeffffff</colordiffuse>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(altoverlayinfowall)</visible>
      </control>
    </control>

512 is the view id for InfoWall, take a look at Viewtype_AddonWall.xml to see where it comes from. Now add Control.IsVisible(512) in MyVideoNav.xml here:
Code:
<control type="group">
      <visible>![Control.IsVisible(516|Control.IsVisible(514)|Control.IsVisible(517)|Control.IsVisible(550)|Control.IsVisible(511)[b]|Control.IsVisible(512)[/b]]</visible>
      <include>Furniture_Showcase</include>
    </control>
to not show the floor texture and remove Control.IsVisible(512) from here:
Code:
<control type="group">
      <visible>Control.IsVisible(551)|Control.IsVisible(508)|Control.IsVisible(503)|Control.IsVisible(509)|Control.IsVisible(504)|Control.IsVisible(501)|Control.IsVisible(510)|Control.IsVisible(55)|Control.IsVisible(560)|Control.IsVisible(512)</visible>
      <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableInfoWallVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableBannersVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableLandscapeVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableShowCaseVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableDVDCaseVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisablePostersVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableCarouselVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableBannerWallVL)">Furniture_DarkGradient</include>
    </control>

and here:
Code:
<control type="group">
      <include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom_New</include>
      <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableInfoWallVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableWallVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableBannerWallVL)|!Skin.HasSetting(DisableThumbnailVL)">WallPanel</include>
      <visible>Control.IsVisible(551)|Control.IsVisible(560)|Control.IsVisible(51)|Control.IsVisible(512)</visible>
    </control>

That should bring back the backgrounds like before. Repeat for other viewtypes but change ID.

Hope that helps and if you can't figure it out shoot me a pm and I'll try to help Smile
I have tried at least 10 xbmc daily builds over the last month and I get the same result. The Add-on screen show 'Downloading' on the NOX line for a split second and then goes back to normal... no error/msg or anything. Only a log...

Debug Log:
Code:
16:26:08 T:4768   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (AddonBrowser.xml) ------
16:26:08 T:4768    INFO: Loading skin file: AddonBrowser.xml
16:26:08 T:4768    INFO: ADDON::CAddonMgr::Factory: Weather add-ons for api < 2.0 unsupported (weather.xbmc.builtin)
16:26:08 T:4768   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
16:26:08 T:4768   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://repository.passion.xbmc.org/xbmc.gui.skin)
16:26:08 T:4768   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://repository.passion.xbmc.org/xbmc.gui.skin]
16:26:08 T:2960   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
16:26:08 T:5056   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
16:26:09 T:2960   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 2960 terminating
16:26:09 T:4768   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: broadcastlevel  paras: broadcastlevel; OnAction:7;2
16:26:09 T:4836   DEBUG: UDPCLIENT TX: 4181161        -> '<b>OnAction:7;192.168.2.11;2</b>'
16:26:11 T:4768   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
16:26:11 T:4768   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
16:26:11 T:4768   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
16:26:11 T:4768    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogAddonInfo.xml
16:26:11 T:4768   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: broadcastlevel  paras: broadcastlevel; OnAction:7;2
16:26:11 T:4836   DEBUG: UDPCLIENT TX: 4183261        -> '<b>OnAction:7;192.168.2.11;2</b>'
16:26:12 T:4768   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
16:26:12 T:4768   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
16:26:12 T:1520   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/libcurl.dll)
16:26:12 T:4768   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: broadcastlevel  paras: broadcastlevel; OnAction:7;2
16:26:12 T:4836   DEBUG: UDPCLIENT TX: 4184661        -> '<b>OnAction:7;192.168.2.11;2</b>'
16:26:12 T:4768   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
16:26:15 T:4768   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
16:26:17 T:1520    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://passion-xbmc.org
16:26:20 T:1520   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/skin.aeon.nox.svn/skin.aeon.nox.svn-1322867103.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/skin.aeon.nox.svn-1322867103.zip
16:26:20 T:1520   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(10D58558) http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/skin.aeon.nox.svn/skin.aeon.nox.svn-1322867103.zip
16:26:39 T:4768   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
16:26:42 T:5056   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 5056 terminating (autodelete)
Livin Wrote:I have tried at least 10 xbmc daily builds over the last month and I get the same result. The Add-on screen show 'Downloading' on the NOX line for a split second and then goes back to normal... no error/msg or anything. Only a log...

Debug Log:
Strange, if I paste the url I can download just fine:
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....867103.zip
Big_Noid Wrote:Np, sorry for messing with your views Wink

hahahaha! awww man. don't say it like that bro. Laugh it's just that i've grown to love the old style so much that i find it hard to chance. got it to work btw. thanks a mil for ur patience. other skinner might have told me to take it or leave it. Nod
Big_Noid Wrote:Strange, if I paste the url I can download just fine:
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....867103.zip

me too... but trying it through XBMC fails everytime.
Hi,
Perhaps a silly question... But is it possible to add a custom menu item to main menu? I woud like to add a "Radio" item that in my case launches the Radio-Time add-on..

thx
Btw, tried the Color Studio Logos with Nox, and looks beautiful!! **hint**

lol
@BN

What are your thoughts on adding animated weather images like these http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116128

If you have ever used an HTC Android device then you will be familiar with the icons. They are quite beautiful.
@Big Noid

There is some weird semi transparent glow around the spinning vinyl while in albumwall viz.
htpc guy Wrote:@BN

What are your thoughts on adding animated weather images like these http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116128

If you have ever used an HTC Android device then you will be familiar with the icons. They are quite beautiful.

Looks nice! Very nice indeed. +1 for me Rolleyes
Raytestrak Wrote:Looks nice! Very nice indeed. +1 for me Rolleyes

Looks nice indeed however i think this would be very stressfull to lowpower htpc