Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I also use that dsplayer build, you can install the latest version of the skin, everything works as it should Smile
Would it be possible to have a music/video/program addons as a submenu of Addons in the home screen ? Thanks Smile
Hey, quick question. Do I go here for the latest Aeon Nox build?: git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

Assuming that's correct, do I then simply copy / paste the contents into the skin.aeon.nox folder? Is that the right way to install it? (Assuming I back up the folder first)?
Big_Noid Wrote:@Deano316: No, I would think its very distracting and confusing to change fanart between menu and submenu.

Damn Sad Allows for a bit more customisation. Great work on the weather images by the way, this skin just gets better and better!! Nod
Loving this skin at the moment, great skin throughout!

Only thing I'm not crazy about in the Passion SVN version (a very minor complaint Wink) is the 'NEW!' and 'Watched' labels, they look very different from each other right now in terms of font size.

I also find that the cyan/light blue background colour makes them harder to read than a strong primary colour.

Here's a quick mockup of this idea:

ImageImage

I also added a small shaded side underneath the label to give it a 3D effect.

Even simple ticks would do fine though, I'm not sure if I might have missed an option for this, thanks!
deh2k7 Wrote:Hmm, OK. Never worked with Passion repo, or the SVNs from Passion, so wasn't sure if I was missing additional steps that needed to be done after downloading. Wish I could update my build, but I'm using a DSPlayer merge, and the latest one made available by 0wing is from 11/21. I'll try deleting the skins and repo and reinstalling.

OK, must have had some bad mojo hanging out in my guisettings. cleaned that up, deleted the passion repo and the previously downloaded svn skins from passion, reloaded the passion repo and re-downloaded the skins. all is workin well now.

Awesome work on Nox, great improvements all around.
verhak Wrote:Hi,
Perhaps a silly question... But is it possible to add a custom menu item to main menu? I woud like to add a "Radio" item that in my case launches the Radio-Time add-on..

thx
It's already possible, please see upgrading from dharma to eden thread to see where you can find it in both versions.
vicmanpergar Wrote:Btw, tried the Color Studio Logos with Nox, and looks beautiful!! **hint**

lol
I don't want to lose the colordiffuse on the flags so I won't include them...
theGuillaume Wrote:Hi Big_Noid. I did the fix because I didn't like the new InfoWall view, but now I'm left with the background(fanart) way too bright, it's hard to read the text over it. Is there a way to darken it?
Everything to make it work is in that post, but when the skin is released on xbmc repo I'm gonna make some threads with mods and this will be one of them.
crisdecuba Wrote:Okay, so this will likely be a n00b question, but bear with me.

I want the newest Aeon Nox skin because if the recent updates mentioned in this thread, but I am wary of having to go to a nightly build in order to get it.

So can anyone comment on whether it's easy enough to go from Dharma to pre-Eden to warrant doing so only for the updated skin? Are there other reasons to go to the nightly build? I've also put in a lot of work in setting up the Advanced Launcher addon. Will I have to redo that?

Any thoughts that would help me get a sense of what it will look like to upgrade would be appreciated. That way I know whether it's worth it or not.

Thanks in advance!
You can test nightly builds on windows in portable mode or on Linux with different paths without affecting your main build.
Zelgadis87 Wrote:Would it be possible to have a music/video/program addons as a submenu of Addons in the home screen ? Thanks Smile
No, there is no submenu for addons and I don't want them there, in fact the add-ons menu will most likely be disabled on default with the official release as it gives the wrong impression. The programs menu is the 'real' addons menu item and I will move the addons widget to that menu item also in near future.
crisdecuba Wrote:Hey, quick question. Do I go here for the latest Aeon Nox build?: git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

Assuming that's correct, do I then simply copy / paste the contents into the skin.aeon.nox folder? Is that the right way to install it? (Assuming I back up the folder first)?
in addons folder do
Code:
git clone git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git skin.aeon.nox
DuMbGuM Wrote:Loving this skin at the moment, great skin throughout!

Only thing I'm not crazy about in the Passion SVN version (a very minor complaint Wink) is the 'NEW!' and 'Watched' labels, they look very different from each other right now in terms of font size.

I also find that the cyan/light blue background colour makes them harder to read than a strong primary colour.

Here's a quick mockup of this idea:

I also added a small shaded side underneath the label to give it a 3D effect.

Even simple ticks would do fine though, I'm not sure if I might have missed an option for this, thanks!
I'm hearing this a lot and also frodo19 send me a watched flag in the same style as the New flag.
I have to think about this. In principal I don't want to change the watched flag as I like that one very much.
@Big_Noid

i dont want to nerve you, but could you take a look at this:

@Big_Noid

installing the right script helps thx !!

but i have still the problem that i don´t see the trailer button in the last movie widget and not in the top if i enable breadcrumbs. When i press info on a movie i could see the trailer button.

Could you take a look at this actually logfile please ?

http://pastebin.com/JmcQW0Tb

Greets
Eisi

Have you any idee ?

Greets
Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

i dont want to nerve you, but could you take a look at this:

@Big_Noid

installing the right script helps thx !!

but i have still the problem that i don´t see the trailer button in the last movie widget and not in the top if i enable breadcrumbs. When i press info on a movie i could see the trailer button.

Could you take a look at this actually logfile please ?

http://pastebin.com/JmcQW0Tb

Greets
Eisi

Have you any idee ?

Greets
I already looked at the log, but forgot to reply I guess...
There is nothing in the log that indicates something is wrong. I just tested this on Dharma and on my install it shows "Pree right to see trailer" on top of main menu when there is a trailer available in the latest movie widget, so I don't know what is wrong...
vicmanpergar Wrote:Btw, tried the Color Studio Logos with Nox, and looks beautiful!! **hint**

lol
Big_Noid Wrote:I don't want to lose the colordiffuse on the flags so I won't include them....

Sure, i completely understand, anyway, it's easy to fix it locally here to get there, no problem. And....
as u can understand, i'm not going to leave this ultra wonderful and amazing skin cos of that!!!! f*ck! i love the skin, lol

Edit: Argh!! it's in xbt format now! lol
@Big_Noid

thx for your answer.

Greets
Eisi
vicmanpergar Wrote:Edit: Argh!! it's in xbt format now! lol

For keeping local changes it's better to clone or fork my git anyway.

Kudos @ passion repo for building xbt's! That should provide better performance for skins!
Big_Noid Wrote:For keeping local changes it's better to clone or fork my git anyway.

Kudos @ passion repo for building xbt's! That should provide better performance for skins!

Did it! Not bad for knowing nothng about coding or git on Windows, ah?

Thanks a lot for the advice Big Grin
Big_Noid Wrote:No, there is no submenu for addons and I don't want them there, in fact the add-ons menu will most likely be disabled on default with the official release as it gives the wrong impression. The programs menu is the 'real' addons menu item and I will move the addons widget to that menu item also in near future.

Thanks for the answer! The problem is that you can't add non-program addons to the program submenu (obviously). What this means is that, currently, to launch a video addon, you are forced to keep the 'Videos' menu on the home screen.. I have both Movies & Tv Shows in there, having Videos too just to use a subitem seems a bit silly. Am I missing something here ?
Zelgadis87 Wrote:Thanks for the answer! The problem is that you can't add non-program addons to the program submenu (obviously). What this means is that, currently, to launch a video addon, you are forced to keep the 'Videos' menu on the home screen.. I have both Movies & Tv Shows in there, having Videos too just to use a subitem seems a bit silly. Am I missing something here ?

You could always add it as favorite and add it to programs, tvshows or movies item.