Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dascmo Wrote:Where can I find the settings for Bannerwall? I want to increase the space between the two rows but don;t know where to look. Thanks in advance.

in the Viewtype_BannerWall.xml (ViewsFileMode.xml if BannerWall not seen), look for...

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
        <
posx>5</posx>
        <
posy>5</posy>
        <
width>550</width>
        <
height>103</height>
        <
aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
        <
texture background="true" diffuse="thumbs/banner_wall_mask.png">DefaultBanner.png</texture>
        <
info>ListItem.Path,,banner.jpg</info

i changed mine to...

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
        <
posx>10</posx>
        <
posy>10</posy>
        <
width>540</width>
        <
height>93</height>
        <
        <
texture background="true" diffuse="thumbs/banner_wall_mask.png">DefaultBanner.png</texture>
        <
Shinu Wrote:in the Viewtype_BannerWall.xml (ViewsFileMode.xml if BannerWall not seen), look for...

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
        <
posx>5</posx>
        <
posy>5</posy>
        <
width>550</width>
        <
height>103</height>
        <
        <
        <

i changed mine to...

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
        <
posx>10</posx>
        <
posy>10</posy>
        <
width>540</width>
        <
height>93</height>
        <
        <
        <

Hi Shinu, can u post a screen grab of your spaced out banners? Is there a way to show less banners on a page? (ie 4 or 6 banners instead of 8) I find the present version a bit too crowded.

Can't wait for the new Bannerplex view!
@big_noid

could it be that with the latest svn version the entering of the movie library takes longer ? Is the texture.xbt the fault ?

Greets
Eisi
kealan Wrote:Hi Shinu, can u post a screen grab of your spaced out banners? Is there a way to show less banners on a page? (ie 4 or 6 banners instead of 8) I find the present version a bit too crowded.

Can't wait for the new Bannerplex view!

here's a cropped image that i showed a while back...

i made the unfocused banners smaller to give them a border effect using the underlying shadow. i didn't change it too much, but u can alter the variables to your own liking. not sure of how to remove entire rows though.
Shinu Wrote:in the Viewtype_BannerWall.xml (ViewsFileMode.xml if BannerWall not seen), look for...
In addition you could play with the itemlayout en focusedlayout height en widths.
Eisi2005 Wrote:@big_noid

could it be that with the latest svn version the entering of the movie library takes longer ? Is the texture.xbt the fault ?

Greets
Eisi
No textures.xbt is supposed to speeds things up. I can't tell the difference between 0.8 and svn both on my test machine and my regular htpc, so I ran a benchmark with fraps with 0.8 and latest svn. This is a benchmark of entering the movieslibrary and going back to homescreen:
Code:
FPS
svn:
Code:
FPS
There doesn't seem to much difference in framedrops. This is with all views enabled. You can bump the framedrops up to 45/60 depending on how much views you disable. If you disable all views in Nox (svn) you have this:
Code:
FPS
I also tried the latest nightly build and Aeon Nox svn with all views enabled:
Code:
FPS
So there seems to be some improvement in the nightlies.
*All these benchmarks were done after starting up XBMC and waiting at least two minutes to ensure all scripts were done running.

EDIT: I must also point out that the library view opens in 2 seconds on my windows box and in 1 second on my XBMC live box, both 0.8 and svn, but thats just counting out loud, so that's why I ran the benchmarks.
Big_Noid Wrote:How about this:

I would love that Wink
I love this shin, its just so blazing fast!

Hoever, i get every time i start XBMC an error about the recently added script(and its not even enabled in the skin properties)... How can i fix that?
When initialising Cinema Experience for a movie would it be possible to hide or not show the skin "loading" graphic that pops up in between trailers and intro videos etc.? I dont mind it normally but it does kind of ruin the whole point of the "Cinema Experience".
I think you need to remove "DialogBusy.xml" I did no loading popup anymore
@big_noid

i hope we mean both the same. I mean the time from klick movies in mainmenu to see first covers. I feel this time is longer with the new version as before

Greets
Eisi
Eisi2005 Wrote:@big_noid

i hope we mean both the same. I mean the time from klick movies in mainmenu to see first covers. I feel this time is longer with the new version as before

Greets
Eisi

Yeah, that's what I meant to, that takes me on my windows machine 2 sec, both on svn and 0.8.

EDIT nevermind
Thanks again for this great skin, works absolutely fluent on my asrock 330 ION. To me smoothness is key, and this skin delivers! Tried many other skins with more eye candy but always at the cost of having a laggier experience. Two thumbs up!

One thing I'd like to tweak though is disable the big spinning cd when music is playing, is there a way to disable it? It draws too much attention to the tv. Don't mind the small one in the top left corner when navigating menu's, just the fullscreen one.
kees667 Wrote:Thanks again for this great skin, works absolutely fluent on my asrock 330 ION. To me smoothness is key, and this skin delivers! Tried many other skins with more eye candy but always at the cost of having a laggier experience. Two thumbs up!

One thing I'd like to tweak though is disable the big spinning cd when music is playing, is there a way to disable it? It draws too much attention to the tv. Don't mind the small one in the top left corner when navigating menu's, just the fullscreen one.

I am all for the eyecandy, but not if it slows down navigation.
I will see if I can make the CD art optional.
Hi Big Noid,

Wanted to try your skin so I downloaded the zip. Seems it only has two files in it and will not install.
I downloaded the svn and all seems to be well with that.

Thanks,
Mark
Bannerplex looks really sexy. Laugh

kealan Wrote:When initialising Cinema Experience for a movie would it be possible to hide or not show the skin "loading" graphic that pops up in between trailers and intro videos etc.? I dont mind it normally but it does kind of ruin the whole point of the "Cinema Experience".

+1 on this. Won't removing the DialogBusy.xml disable ALL loading popups? I for on would like them to stay for everything except the Cinema Experience. How else would we know if the program is responding to requests.

I have a question. Is it possible to have the skin read Season 0 as a separate season? Because if you have "Flatten TV Shows" set to "If only one season", and you only have Season 0 and 1, the both tend to be grouped together instead of being seen as 2 separate sections. Also for the info list, can you put in the bottom right the season as "Special" instead of just "Season"? Same goes for the fullscreen info. You just see the episode number instead of both that and "Special" as the season. I hope you understand exactly what I'm asking. Thanks.