Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There could also be a memory leak some where in the xbmc version you are using. Mine doesn't go above 350mb (latest win build available)
Thiele Wrote:Noid, did you find some time to look at my debug log? Thanks.
That's a bug when running multiple addons, which was fixed in xbmc on dec 11th.
Workaround is to disable next aired info and tvtunes.
Should be no problem when eden hits beta or if you can compile yourself.
@Rastan:
Forgot to mention I also have a ssd and it is definitely worth it and for me the reason worth it is not only speed increase but mostly not hearing the disks spin anymore when browsing the library when fanart is loaded.

It's for sure the watchlist script that's causing it. i think it has a bit of problem with the size of your movie library...
@Rastan
Maybe ronie can figure something out on how to purge the memory to acceptable values.

Post your problem there with a good description+log so he can have a look
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113702
Martijn Wrote:There could also be a memory leak some where in the xbmc version you are using. Mine doesn't go above 350mb (latest win build available)

I am also using the latest XBMC nightly. I suspect you're right, it's probably a bug in XBMC itself somewhere. I do have a lot of addons and Repo's installed. Maybe one of them is at fault somewhere.

@Big_Noid I have deleted "script.watchlist". The skin does feel snapier, Though I dont remember installing it on the PC downstairs and it is behaving in the same way this one is. I have a hunch my problem is not skin related and will hang in there until the XBMC team resumes the nightlies or brings out a final.

One thing I did notice though is that I still can't keep my finger pressed on the right arrow to scroll through my movies fast. I can however press on the arrow repeatedly and it is smooth. Not sure if that is Nox or XBMC at fault. But then it does work as expected in Transparency!

..I just tried Back Row in Fanart view and it stutters like Nox (But it doesnt seem to have the letter popup, maybe I have missed it in the settings somewhere)

Confluence does it smoothly

Aeon 65 in Showcase with fanart on does it smoothly, without the letter popup. (Maybe its a setting I missed)

Neon in Showcase view jumps the letters smoothly

Night is smooth too (No letter Popup)

I think it may be the weay you guys code it? Admittedly some of the mentioned skins are not as graphic intensive. But Transparency! Aeon 65 and Back Row have lots of fanart and stuff on the screen. Out of the three with the exception of Back Row all of them scroll smoothly.

...Or maybe my installation of Nox is corrupt somewhere somehow if its working fine for everyone else. Or maybe I have too many partitons with too many movies in total.

Well in any case its not much of a big deal for me as I dont browse my library in that fashion anyway. I'm just mentioning it in case its a bug somewhere to be squished. Hats off to you Big_Noid on this masterpeice of a skin! Big Grin
@Rastan

watchlist is installed automaticly with several skins without users noticing this.

The different with T! is that Nox using way more overlays like reflection and such things. As far as i know T! doesn't do this that much. So it's not just fanart and such but all other cosmetics that come with it.
Even when there is a bug without users telling the devs it won't be solved so just tell them Wink
Martijn Wrote:@Rastan

watchlist is installed automaticly with several skins without users noticing this.

The different with T! is that Nox using way more overlays like reflection and such things. As far as i know T! doesn't do this that much. So it's not just fanart and such but all other cosmetics that come with it.
Even when there is a bug without users telling the devs it won't be solved so just tell them Wink

I tend to just wait and hope things get fixed. I dont want the skinner or developer to think I am ungreatful and nit picking...lol

I can see this whole skinning and developing thing is no easy task and takes skill, patience and time to build and you are all doing this for FREE. I will always be eternally grateful to all that contribute to the XBMC project, which I have come to love so dearly

Thanks for the link. I will run some tests to see if its not my fault somewhere (Firewall, Antivirus or hardware) before I pester anyone else...LOL!!
Aeon65 smooth and Nox not = impossible :p
I absolutely loved Aeon65 and it has been my greatest inspiration to start skinning, but that skin was slow as sh*t and the reason for me to make Aeon Nox.

Only thing that is in Nox that is not in those skins you mentioned is the New flag. That depends on substrings and stringcompares and can be slow. To test that you can enable "show new flag for all unwatched items". That is faster then only for recent added items.
If I could reproduce it I would fix it, but the skin is fast as ever on all my systems.
Big_Noid Wrote:Aeon65 smooth and Nox not = impossible :p

Blasphemy! Big Grin

Big_Noid Wrote:Only thing that is in Nox that is not in those skins you mentioned is the New flag. That depends on substrings and stringcompares and can be slow. To test that you can enable "show new flag for all unwatched items". That is faster then only for recent added items.
If I could reproduce it I would fix it, but the skin is fast as ever on all my systems.

I'll take your word for it. Plus as you guys are on SSD's and I am still using hard drive technology from the 16th Century. I doubt my memory leak issue is helping either. I'll experiment and compose my thoughts and post on the link Martijn gave. I have discovered that the suspect addon mentioned is indeed on the PC downstairs without me installing it. The machine is a lot slower than it should be. It has similar specs to this PC.

Thanks for all your help guys! Nod
Update: I think it was the build of XBMC I was using. I have downgraded to December the 1st and I can instantly feel the difference. Also tried updating my movies and the menu text stays still, like its supposed to. Another strange thing I noticed is that the library update scan is picking up films that should already be in the database. Maybe the newest nightly has changes in the library that somehow messed up my system.

Big_Noid, please don't try to fix anything (in case you are running tests). I should have downgraded before even posting. Sorry about that. Eek

Hopefully I will also be able to add all the addons back with no ill effects.

Thanks again! Laugh
Rastan Wrote:Update: I think it was the build of XBMC I was using. I have downgraded to December the 1st and I can instantly feel the difference. Also tried updating my movies and the menu text stays still, like its supposed to. Another strange thing I noticed is that the library update scan is picking up films that should already be in the database. Maybe the newest nightly has changes in the library that somehow messed up my system.

Big_Noid, please don't try to fix anything (in case you are running tests). I should have downgraded before even posting. Sorry about that. Eek

Hopefully I will also be able to add all the addons back with no ill effects.

Thanks again! Laugh

@Rastan were you on dec 10th nightly? I am having the same issues too maybe i should downgrage too. Seems like there is something in dec 10th nightly that is causing it
Big_Noid Wrote:It's for sure the watchlist script that's causing it. i think it has a bit of problem with the size of your movie library...

When I delete the script watchlist in my computer significantly increases the speed and frozen less .Angry
hunkyn Wrote:@Rastan were you on dec 10th nightly? I am having the same issues too maybe i should downgrage too. Seems like there is something in dec 10th nightly that is causing it

Yes, I was originally on the Dec 10 nightly and then downgraded to the Dec 01 Nightly. XBMC is faster now but nowhere near how I am accustomed. Its a mixed success though.

I done the same downgrade and removal of the "script.watchlist" addon on my downstairs PC and it has no effect. Its laggy and gobbling up all the RAM. I am at a loss. I am about to post the problem on the link Martijn suggested to see if I can fix it somehow.
Rastan Wrote:Yes, I was originally on the Dec 10 nightly and then downgraded to the Dec 01 Nightly. XBMC is faster now but nowhere near how I am accustomed. Its a mixed success though.

I done the same downgrade and removal of the "script.watchlist" addon on my downstairs PC and it has no effect. Its laggy and gobbling up all the RAM. I am at a loss. I am about to post the problem on the link Martijn suggested to see if I can fix it somehow.

That link will only help when watchlist is the problem. If you have removed it (make sure by checking the log if there is any reference) and it has no effect that link won't help you. You would better post your problem in the windows section.

I have no problem with latest windows build and Nox
Martijn Wrote:That link will only help when watchlist is the problem. If you have removed it (make sure by checking the log if there is any reference) and it has no effect that link won't help you. You would better post your problem in the windows section.

I have no problem with latest windows build and Nox

Oops I saw this too late I have already posted. I'll see what he says then post it in the windows section.