Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-03-28, 00:04)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-27, 23:42)Vultures Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I have some ranty questions about the new version...
What happened with good old viewtypes? Was it really necessary to exclude Thumbnails (the only viable viewtype for online sources), and carousel? Aren't new versions supposed to be better/bigger/more functional? And why rollback doesn't work?

It is more functional and it is better. It's just not bigger. It's also a work in progress.
Please save the ranting for when 3.0.0 is released Big Grin

Rollback does not work because of the hidden read only git folde that gets added when installing from git.
@fional: animated bg for home is in home window options.

Thanks for that, I was going mental. Well, I had my own fork, but I don't really understand git that well. When I go to the info on the addons, it says it's the version 2, so maybe I did properly restore it to the way it was - it's just my tv show edits are gone. I'll keep toying about, but thanks for the animated bg bit! Believe it or not, it seems to really slow my yoke down!

It looks real cool, I just don't have time to fiddle with things right now to play around, so I thought maybe I could go back to how I had things and then re-upgrade, if you will, when I had more time to play with it. This is why playing with things you don't understand is dangerous haha Smile
(2012-03-27, 23:42)Vultures Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I have some ranty questions about the new version...
What happened with good old viewtypes? Was it really necessary to exclude Thumbnails (the only viable viewtype for online sources), and carousel? Aren't new versions supposed to be better/bigger/more functional? And why rollback doesn't work?

if new versions would always include more and more viewtypes, confluence would have at least 50 now. and that´s not the case. with a reason.
(2012-03-28, 00:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]if new versions would always include more and more viewtypes, confluence would have at least 50 now. and that´s not the case. with a reason.
I see. It would be great to get Thumbs back. It was the only viewtype that preserved aspect ratio of thumbnails (16:9 in case of Youtube), and also included captions.

PS: rant thing was caused by the fact that the update was pushed on me from SVN without warning. It's like am relaxing in front of my TV, minding my own business, and whoosh... someone steals half of my active viewtypes.
Big_Noid, just a quick hint:
I think I have found a small bug. Changing the backdrop for "Featured" in home menu does not work.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned...

cheers,
mad-max
(2012-03-28, 00:30)Vultures Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 00:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]if new versions would always include more and more viewtypes, confluence would have at least 50 now. and that´s not the case. with a reason.
I see. It would be great to get Thumbs back. It was the only viewtype that preserved aspect ratio of thumbnails (16:9 in case of Youtube), and also included captions.

PS: rant thing was caused by the fact that the update was pushed on me from SVN without warning. It's like am relaxing in front of my TV, minding my own business, and whoosh... someone steals half of my active viewtypes.

will be integrated in infowall/addonwall then. a seperate viewtype just for that is not neccessary.

(2012-03-28, 00:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]will be integrated in infowall/addonwall then. a seperate viewtype just for that is not neccessary.
Infowall with captions would also work. I also liked Carousel for no specific reason. Any good news about it?
(2012-03-27, 22:13)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]This is the theme without breadcrumbs. The timepanel is not optional:

Like the silver bottom and the Movie Clearart... is this possible with current 3.0.0 git?
Just updated to pre 3.0. Can't find the option anywhere to use source flags instead of codec flags anymore?
it´s used by default if the filename contains something specific.

(2012-03-27, 22:13)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]This is the theme without breadcrumbs. The timepanel is not optional:

@BN

THX This is a nice view, and now there a trailer logo where a fantastic thing Smile

Greets
Eisi

[/quote]

Hello BigN! Yesterday i was installed pre3.0 version from git, i've used 2.0 version before and very like it!
But pre3.0 is so disappointed me... I know this is WIP, but on my system i found many bugs and things that i dont like (not counting those said before like deleting some viewtypes etc)
Most annoying things:
- in youtube plugin for example (sorry, dont test it on other plugins), when i choose "list" viewtype, after restarting xbmc or even some time it automatically changes viewtype to "wall"! why it cant remember viewtype that i choose?
- i like breadcrumbs, but i dont like that glowing edges effect everywhere. I know, there is an option to choose color of this glowing, but there is no option to turn it off at all! or make it little bit smaller, because glowing effect is so big and ugly, imo
- in previous version, when you watching a video and press "info" button, it shows nice panel with poster, time panel, rating at bottom and some info at the top. but now, when i press this button, it shows me fullscreen info, like movie info, with big poster at left and info at right, i cant watch video because of this panel!

thats all i remember, maybe i'll add some things later. and sorry for my english Smile
(2012-03-28, 10:28)ALiENZZ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello BigN! Yesterday i was installed pre3.0 version from git, i've used 2.0 version before and very like it!
But pre3.0 is so disappointed me... I know this is WIP, but on my system i found many bugs and things that i dont like (not counting those said before like deleting some viewtypes etc)
Most annoying things:
- in youtube plugin for example (sorry, dont test it on other plugins), when i choose "list" viewtype, after restarting xbmc or even some time it automatically changes viewtype to "wall"! why it cant remember viewtype that i choose?
- i like breadcrumbs, but i dont like that glowing edges effect everywhere. I know, there is an option to choose color of this glowing, but there is no option to turn it off at all! or make it little bit smaller, because glowing effect is so big and ugly, imo
- in previous version, when you watching a video and press "info" button, it shows nice panel with poster, time panel, rating at bottom and some info at the top. but now, when i press this button, it shows me fullscreen info, like movie info, with big poster at left and info at right, i cant watch video because of this panel!

thats all i remember, maybe i'll add some things later. and sorry for my english Smile

Why start complaining about bugs when you already mention it yourself that it is work in progress Huh
Don't really see the point in that. Most of they will be fixed when it will be nearly finished

1. That may be just a Youtube plugin issue instead of a skin issue
2. Hope that the glowing edges could be dimmed down or disabled to. It's just to much IMO
3. If you look closer at that full screen info you see a"button "less info". If you hit that you get the info window you want. This behaviour was already there since Aeon Nox 1.7 in Dharma
@BN
Here we say "to have the patience of a Saint"
lol
(2012-03-28, 10:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Why start complaining about bugs when you already mention it yourself that it is work in progress Huh
Don't really see the point in that.

1. That may be just a Youtube plugin issue instead of a skin issue
2. Hope that the glowing edges could be dimmed down or disabled to. It's just to much IMO
3. If you look closer at that full screen info you see a"button "less info". If you hit that you get the info window you want. This behaviour was already there since Aeon Nox 1.7 in Dharma

I thought WIP means we need to report bugs that we found, or not?
About youtube: on 2.0 nox it works perfectly and remember viewtype i choosed.
But i'll test it on other plugins/libraries anyway.
(2012-03-28, 10:45)ALiENZZ Wrote: [ -> ]I thought WIP means we need to report bugs that we found, or not?
About youtube: on 2.0 nox it works perfectly and remember viewtype i choosed.
But i'll test it on other plugins/libraries anyway.

Correct but they are fully working on it so probably most issues you will mention are already know.