Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big_Noid Wrote:Thx, I will include it.

that's great. on the topic of flags, there are a few things i've notice...

1. AAC audio flags don't show in the VideoInfo screen, just in the main view.
2. 540 resolution flags don't show at the main view, just in the VideoInfo screen.

i've also gone through my collection and noticed a few flags missing. hope u can use them....

WMA (wmav2 codec) haven't made or seen one yet.

MP2 (mp2 codec)

RealNetworks (cook codec)

squidy Wrote:great skin using your SVN right now Smile

What do you mean bu using SVN? Im using Aeon NOX skin, but am i using SVN?
Maybe this is a stupid question.....
...meaning latest changes downloaded from googlecode, you may want to read the final words from the 1st post of the thread.
nistuf Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, first off great work on this skin! I am really enjoying it Smile
I have a couple of moviesets, e.g. Lotr. When I go into the movieset, using the coverflow view, I get a repetition of the movies, so every movie is shown twice to fill up the bottom coverflow bar. I know that Hitcher 'fixed' this in Alaska Revisited, where he has added this view too. This means that you only see three posters. I hope this is an easy fix and will contribute to making this skin even better than it already is.
Which version are you using? Cause this is in the skin already since 0.8 :confused2:
Code:
[b]0.8[/b]
- Added: BannerWall view.
- Added: Panel view.
- Added: Viewtypes of Video Library can now be disabled (Goes for whole library, not seperate movies/tvshows!).
- Added: TV Logo script now adds banner.jpg and landscape.jpg (folder.jpg can be removed, re-run the logo script!)
- Added: Banner.jpg and Poster.jpg support (automatic if you enable/disable "Posters instead of Banners" option).
- Reworked Poster Widget.
- Scan dialogs are now smaller on Homescreen.
- Fixed: Showcase view now shows icons correctly.
[b]- Fixed(?): Showcase view no longer shows duplicate items - Thx Hitcher.[/b]
- Fixed: Addons now show square showcase and square wall view when entered through videolibrary/files.
- Fixed: Focus animation in Landscape view when there are < 3 items in folder.
Mindzai Wrote:I just headed to this thread to say the same thing! An option for fixed list in showcase/dvd views would be brilliant.

Great work on this skin, I'm amazed how fast it is.

I also noticed a bug (using the svn version, checked out today) - on the video playback OSD if I move to the far left button the menu glitches and cant be exited.
I cannot reproduce this? Anyone else having this issue?
Mindzai Wrote:Is it possible to use also season fanart when you highlight the season rather than just when you go to the episode level?
This is already in the skin. You're fanarts should go in the season folder and should be called fanart.jpg. If you hover on the season they are displayed on my system.
Shinu Wrote:that's great. on the topic of flags, there are a few things i've notice...

1. AAC audio flags don't show in the VideoInfo screen, just in the main view.
2. 540 resolution flags don't show at the main view, just in the VideoInfo screen.

i've also gone through my collection and noticed a few flags missing. hope u can use them....

WMA (wmav2 codec) haven't made or seen one yet.

MP2 (mp2 codec)

RealNetworks (cook codec)

mp2, really? Who has vcd's these days :p
I'll look into the missing codec flags.
Big Noid.. do you have any reply for me? Smile
-------
the issue is.. that by using arrows on the remote control you can get a pop-up window where you can change the current view and adjust current view settings.. but if you are in tv shows - on the seasons level - using the showcase view.. you just can't get that pop-up again (using remote control arrows) to change showcase view to any different view or just simply adjust any settings on the current showcase view.
sergiocos Wrote:...meaning latest changes downloaded from googlecode, you may want to read the final words from the 1st post of the thread.

So what is the difference between installing through repository (zip-file) and SVN? Will it be updated more frequently through SVN? Im using XBMC on Windows, and dont think i can run the command shown, looks like linux....
bthusby Wrote:So what is the difference between installing through repository (zip-file) and SVN? Will it be updated more frequently through SVN? Im using XBMC on Windows, and dont think i can run the command shown, looks like linux....

the svn version will be updatet more frequently but only some packages of the skin will be updatet. in the repository it will update the whole skin. if you always want the latest changes and the latest version you should go with the svn, else if you can wait a bit, because the changes are coming to the repository later on.
balast Wrote:Big Noid.. do you have any reply for me? Smile
-------
the issue is.. that by using arrows on the remote control you can get a pop-up window where you can change the current view and adjust current view settings.. but if you are in tv shows - on the seasons level - using the showcase view.. you just can't get that pop-up again (using remote control arrows) to change showcase view to any different view or just simply adjust any settings on the current showcase view.

i had the same problem once. should be fixed with the latest version.
else here is a workaround:
go into the episode menu -> open the view changer pop-up -> press back on your remote (or whatever button you have to go a menu entry up) -> the pop-up should still be there but you'r now on season level and can change the view type.
worked for me that way. but i guess you should check if you have the latest version, because im 100% it's fixed there.
svn is updated frequently, few times a day as i noticed. you may install a svn checkout tool, i use tortoisesvn, setup your directory for download, download it once from "svn checkout http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/" and then update your local svn as many times you want (only newer or modified files will be downloaded)... right-click your svn directory, then click 'SVN Update'
Quote:I personally prefer to have 5 items on screen, but if you want you can mod it yourself in the Home.xml. You'd have to adjust the width of the label and of itemlayout and focusedlayout of list with id="9000" You'd have to play a bit with the position of the list to to get the focused label nicely centered, so I can't put up detailed instructions.

thanks for the tip. couldn't try because my htpc is in repair at the moment.
on the same note, would it be possible to add the grooveshark addon to the music submenu instead of to the home menu. i think you already discussed adding favorites to submenu but i'm to lazy to search the entry Sad
and another question (they are just flowing today ;-))
can i port my windows config files to linux? i would also like to setup my htpc with xbmc live. that way i could edit some files on windows portable version at work, copy the files to dropbox and download them at home (or maybe even link my configs to dropbox)
squidy Wrote:@Big_Noid

great skin using your SVN right now Smile
maybe of some use all free for non commercial use can sent you edit 720p's if your short on time

http://www.psdgraphics.com/icons/blu-ray-disc-icon/
http://www.psdgraphics.com/backgrounds/b...wallpaper/ (amt.jpg?)
I like the bluray disc icon, thx.
boulala Wrote:thanks for the tip. couldn't try because my htpc is in repair at the moment.
on the same note, would it be possible to add the grooveshark addon to the music submenu instead of to the home menu. i think you already discussed adding favorites to submenu but i'm to lazy to search the entry Sad
They are coming soon, in any case in the 1.0 release.
boulala Wrote:and another question (they are just flowing today ;-))
can i port my windows config files to linux? i would also like to setup my htpc with xbmc live. that way i could edit some files on windows portable version at work, copy the files to dropbox and download them at home (or maybe even link my configs to dropbox)
Yeah, configfiles and skinfiles are universal. Except for the sources but there's a topic somewhere on how to migrate from Windows to Linux without losing your library. I can definitely recommend switching to Live, it has been the best thing for my media experience on my htpc. Now to just install XBMC Live on a ssd and I'm all set.
Quote:They are coming soon, in any case in the 1.0 release.
great thanks.

Quote:Yeah, configfiles and skinfiles are universal. Except for the sources but there's a topic somewhere on how to migrate from Windows to Linux without losing your library. I can definitely recommend switching to Live, it has been the best thing for my media experience on my htpc. Now to just install XBMC Live on a ssd and I'm all set.
i remeber reading somwhere that you could put your whole userdata folder to dropbox and sync the librarys that way (like with mysql but more noob friendly)? gone search out the article and set it up that way as soon as my htpc is back from repair.
on a side note: i'm refreshing my gimp skills so if you need any pix editet or some view mockups or some gradiants (for whatever reason Wink) call me Rofl
boulala Wrote:i had the same problem once. should be fixed with the latest version.
else here is a workaround:
go into the episode menu -> open the view changer pop-up -> press back on your remote (or whatever button you have to go a menu entry up) -> the pop-up should still be there but you'r now on season level and can change the view type.
worked for me that way. but i guess you should check if you have the latest version, because im 100% it's fixed there.

I have the latest it is self updating.. and your 'trick' works but I'd prefer to avoid to use 'black magic' just have it works as normal Wink
boulala Wrote:great thanks.

i remeber reading somwhere that you could put your whole userdata folder to dropbox and sync the librarys that way (like with mysql but more noob friendly)? gone search out the article and set it up that way as soon as my htpc is back from repair.
on a side note: i'm refreshing my gimp skills so if you need any pix editet or some view mockups or some gradiants (for whatever reason Wink) call me Rofl
thx, I'll keep that in mind Smile
balast Wrote:I have the latest it is self updating.. and your 'trick' works but I'd prefer to avoid to use 'black magic' just have it works as normal Wink
I just tested with all possible views in seasons and in all views I can access the media menu. Both in 0.9.1 and in svn.