Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big_Noid Wrote:I was also not happy with that case. I changed it now to add the text tv shows and season with the default black case. What do you think, is it better?

Yeah, that sounds good. I like how it's done in transparency. I'll see if I can find a good logo.

Hi Big_Noid I just checked out the newest cases for TV shows. To be honest I don't think the large writing works well. It's too oversimplified and I don't think you need something else saying "Season 1" etc. "Season 1" etc is already included usually in the thumb art and also an inch to the right in the file listings. So at the moment it tells you what season your looking at three times on the same screen. It's a little overkill.
Perhaps a sleeker solution is to use a logo for the tv show cases, a little tv like this : http://sp3.org/images/tv_icon.png
would work well.
Big_Noid Wrote:That makes sense. I will implement this.

Thanks Noid Smile
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by mosley
I am new to XBMC and I really like the AEON Nox skin. I have a question...

I have two different sources for my movies, one for kids movies and one for adult movies. When I view my movies in Library mode with Wall view I see all the movies and all their movie poster artwork.

I created favorites for both sources and added them to the Home menu as favorites. When I select on one of these favorites from the Home menu and view the movies in Wall view I only see a few of the movie posters. Everything else is a blue folder icon. Am I doing something wrong? And then when I go back to the Home menu and select Videos the view has changed to look like the favorite I just selected. Shouldn't it remember my last view?

Also, Is there a way to remove Programs and Add-Ons from the Home Menu?

My apologies if this was asked before...

You should scan the items to your library (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library) and create smart playlists (submenu of videos-->playlists) based on mpaa rating. You can then add the smart playlist to the main menu in skin settings. You now have file mode active and as such no extra movie info is presented on screen. You can disable menu items under the home window options of the skin settings.

This worked perfect. Love the skin. Thanks!
kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid I just checked out the newest cases for TV shows. To be honest I don't think the large writing works well. It's too oversimplified and I don't think you need something else saying "Season 1" etc. "Season 1" etc is already included usually in the thumb art and also an inch to the right in the file listings. So at the moment it tells you what season your looking at three times on the same screen. It's a little overkill.
Perhaps a sleeker solution is to use a logo for the tv show cases, a little tv like this : http://sp3.org/images/tv_icon.png
would work well.
You are right, I added that logo to the tv shows cases and made a logo for movies sets. Thx!
Hi Big_Noid,

Firstly I would like to thank you for this great skin. Nod

Probably a stupid question but, is there any way to make movie info always show in the bottom right hand corner as in this picture?

Right now I need to hold the button to get the movie info for it to show, else it starts off blank.

Also when I go to another folder and come back in the movie info is gone again.

I would like to navigate up and down the file list and have the movie info populate in the bottom right.

Might be my settings as I'm fairly new to XBMC.

Thanks
Hey Noid, for some reason, when I open the option panel, the time in the top right corner appears partially off-screen, as see in this pic.

Also (this seem like a foolish question Laugh) but entering into the main menu with the recently added script running causes a small stutter/freeze for some reason. I can't recall it happening on other skins, hence why I believe the problem lies here. The skin on a whole moves so smoothly that this slight issue is kind of jarring. Can the stutter be fix somehow? Maybe by caching something (yeah, I know very little about skinning Rolleyes)?
lagged Wrote:Hi Big_Noid,

Firstly I would like to thank you for this great skin. Nod

Probably a stupid question but, is there any way to make movie info always show in the bottom right hand corner as in this picture?

Right now I need to hold the button to get the movie info for it to show, else it starts off blank.

Also when I go to another folder and come back in the movie info is gone again.

I would like to navigate up and down the file list and have the movie info populate in the bottom right.

Might be my settings as I'm fairly new to XBMC.

Thanks
I'm not sure if I understands what happens. It's supposed to show it default like in the screenshot you posted. If you press right it's shows an extra info screen where you cvan also scroll up and down.
Victim Wrote:Hey Noid, for some reason, when I open the option panel, the time in the top right corner appears partially off-screen, as see in this pic.

Also (this seem like a foolish question Laugh) but entering into the main menu with the recently added script running causes a small stutter/freeze for some reason. I can't recall it happening on other skins, hence why I believe the problem lies here. The skin on a whole moves so smoothly that this slight issue is kind of jarring. Can the stutter be fix somehow? Maybe by caching something (yeah, I know very little about skinning Rolleyes)?
Yeah, I found that this is caused by the random items script. I will disable it upon entering home and only run the script on startup and add a button somewhere so the script can be run on demand. i'm aware of the time displaying incorrect when 12h clock is used, I still have to fix it.
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah, I found that this is caused by the random items script. I will disable it upon entering home and only run the script on startup and add a button somewhere so the script can be run on demand. i'm aware of the time displaying incorrect when 12h clock is used, I still have to fix it.

I'm glad to see you're aware of the issues. Guess it wasn't that foolish of a question after all. Smile Hope you fix them soon.
I uploaded a new version: 0.9.6.
Since Aeon65 seemingly is no longer actively developed, I decided to release a theme based on the font rework branch of Aeon65, called Neon65 which gives (almost) everything a neon glow. Enable through appearance settings:

Changelog:
Code:
[b]0.9.6[/b]
- Added: Music Visualization from Aeon65 - credits to creators of Aeon65.
- Added: Bacground effect on Panels - credits to creators of Aeon65.
- Added: Animated Backgrounds option.
- Changed: Home Now Playing Widget recreated to how it was in Aeon Auriga.
- Changed: Extra Info/Genre and No Flow option are now seperate for movies and tvshows.
- Added: Default TV series case and Movies sets case - thx kealan.
- Added: Breadcrumbs (enable in general settings, diable timepanel to enable option).
- Added: Theme "Neon65" - credits to creators of Aeon65.
- Added: Support for poster.jpg and seasonthumbs in DialogVideoInfo.xml.
- Added: Landscape view to affected views in the wrap/fixed toggle.
- Added: RSS feed, Timepanel and Library stats are now detachable from main menu (enable in Home Window options)
- Fixed: Skinned ProfileSettings.xml, LockSettings.xml and LoginScreen.xml.
- Bug fixes.
Big_Noid Wrote:Changelog:
Code:
[b]0.9.6[/b]
- Added: Bacground effect on Panels - credits to creators of Aeon65.
- Added: Animated Backgrounds option.
- Changed: Home Now Playing Widget recreated to how it was in Aeon Auriga.
- Changed: Extra Info/Genre and No Flow option are now seperate for movies and tvshows.
- Added: Default TV series case and Movies sets case - thx kealan.
- Added: Breadcrumbs (enable in general settings, diable timepanel to enable option).
- Added: Theme "Neon65" - credits to creators of Aeon65.
- Added: Support for poster.jpg and seasonthumbs in DialogVideoInfo.xml.
- Added: Landscape view to affected views in the wrap/fixed toggle.
- Added: RSS feed, Timepanel and Library stats are now detachable from main menu (enable in Home Window options)
- Fixed: Skinned ProfileSettings.xml, LockSettings.xml and LoginScreen.xml.
- Bug fixes.

thanx man you're the greatest and still not sticky what a shame. maybe if we bump it a little more Wink
Where's the option to enable the new theme? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it Smile
How is fanart & plot/description for games in Advanced Launcher (Programs) coming along? I would love for Aeon NOX to be able to show this. A lot of other skins do, and I hope it is just a matter of enabling it. Or what do you think Big_Noid?

EDIT: And posters for tv-shows using low list are gone in the new version.... Sorry for bugging you Smile
Thank you very much again for your fantastic work, still my favorite skin Wink

Big_Noid Wrote:Changelog:
[CODE]0.9.6

I liked the old music visualization very much, any chance of getting it back?
Maybe optional from the settings?

EDIT: Found it! Nerd
bthusby Wrote:How is fanart & plot/description for games in Advanced Launcher (Programs) coming along? I would love for Aeon NOX to be able to show this. A lot of other skins do, and I hope it is just a matter of enabling it. Or what do you think Big_Noid?

EDIT: And posters for tv-shows using low list are gone in the new version.... Sorry for bugging you Smile
I see using low list and bd cases without option for tv shows using posters. thx, will fix it. I still haven't been able to configure the launcher properly, so skinning it is atm impossible for me.
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Thank you very much again for your fantastic work, still my favorite skin Wink

I liked the old music visualization very much, any chance of getting it back?
Maybe optional from the settings?

EDIT: Found it! Nerd
I also like the old one better Big Grin
Hello there! Ive used xbmc and followed these forums for almost 2 years now. Most questions I've had have been asked an answered by other parties until now. If my question has been addressed elsewhere, my apologies.

First and foremost: THANK YOU for this amazing skin. I was truly impressed by the accuracy this skin holds to the original with only a fraction of the memory and resources used. I absolutely love this skin.

My issue is this: I am having trouble keeping Aeon Nox loaded in XBMC. A good portion of the time I will exit and restart XBMC only to find Confluence re-initialized and Aeon Nox nowhere to be found in my skin selection menu even though it is still marked as enabled on the add-ons menu. Also I will sometimes return to XBMC after its been left running for 6 hours or more and find the same issue. No Nox and Confluence is again loaded. It will even show Nox as the selected skin, though its no where to be found until I run through installing it again. This happens quite often. Any thoughts as to a current issue or something I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance, and again - great work on the skin!