Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Babal Wrote:About the Bd/Dvd cases in InfoWall, you should keep the option in my opinion, it looks great on my 21:9.
By the way, why not merging the Showcase and DVD case views, and add an option to enable the Bd/Dvd cases, like in the InfoWall view?

+1

The skin is getting better and more intuitive -easy to config- with each update!!
I was a Confluence user and I like the most the main menu look and the great improve in TV views.

I see some string are not translated (at least in spanish), but I suposse is normal because the skin is updated almost everyday... If you need help with it you only have to ask for it.

PD: What does the "Auto hide" option in view menu? I don't notice diferences...
Small bug:

When downloading tv logo using the provided script some text is displayed twice...
this is hands down the best skin i have used so far for xbmc
i would like to thank the author for going out of the way to support all the extras like TV Show Logo and TV Tunes
its a joy to use, strikes a really good balance between functionality and looks
Babal Wrote:Hi there, I remember having used this view for a while whith plex. Very convenient and beautiful indeed. I'd love Big Noid to implement this, but I guess that it has to replace the standard showcase view?
I won't add any new views for a while (after I add a new episode view), I'm gonna concentrate on what's already in the skin first.
bigbear77 Wrote:hi guys,

is there an easy way to change all "white" fonts to a light grey? My Plasma would love this. It doesnt burn in the white but in dark movies you see the "afterglow" for a couple of minutes.
thanks for your hints
Yep, just change the color in the default.xml in the colors subfolder of the skin. The one your looking for is called white. Change it to a hexadecimal value of choice, the first two values is for transparency (FF=no transparency 00=transparent), the last six for color. (Search google for html notation of colors if you don't know what hexadecimal values are)
Death-Axe Wrote:Slight bug in the videos plugins page. Coming out of a plugin by selecting the back icon, changes the view of the plugins to a different one that the one selected. Going to the home menu and back into video plugins, and the view is how it should be.

In a previous version, it went into list view. Curent goes into info wall.
okay, I will test this.
tocinillo Wrote:Any possibility to add this view in Programs/Games (Advanced Launcher)?

The first view works in Aeon65, with this mod: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88775

Any ideas to port this to Aeon NOX?

Thanks!!!!!!
I've tried to add advanced launcher support in latest update. Showcase view should now have a second label for genre and studio and infowall can also be selewcted for advanced launcher.
Bengualas Wrote:+1

The skin is getting better and more intuitive -easy to config- with each update!!
I was a Confluence user and I like the most the main menu look and the great improve in TV views.

I see some string are not translated (at least in spanish), but I suposse is normal because the skin is updated almost everyday... If you need help with it you only have to ask for it.

PD: What does the "Auto hide" option in view menu? I don't notice diferences...
I don't make the transalations myself, I just use what has been uploaded by users.
lowfi Wrote:Small bug:

When downloading tv logo using the provided script some text is displayed twice...
I don't control what the script displays, so this may be a bug of the script.
anarchintosh Wrote:this is hands down the best skin i have used so far for xbmc
i would like to thank the author for going out of the way to support all the extras like TV Show Logo and TV Tunes
its a joy to use, strikes a really good balance between functionality and looks
Thx Smile
kealan Wrote:Sorry false alarm. It wasn't there when I first installed the repo but shortly later the skin update came through. (I've been using the svn up to now)

Regarding the new infowall view for episodes. I know what you mean, something's not quite right. I think the shape of the thumbnails is good. The thumbnails are a bit too big though. Maybe three to a row is better with a little more spacing. Also if the thumbnails don't have any numbering or labelling of any kind on them it makes navigation a little awkward.

You are right about the navigation, for episodes it's important to know the numbers. It's difficult to find a good layout, because the aspect of the thumbs don't fit well in the wall dimensions.
Two small things I have noticed lately:

The fallback fanart shines trough when you select a TV Series for example or switch between movies fast, it doesn't look good. Could it be done any other way than just always be rendered behind the main fanart like it is now?

And also the big view of the poster in Video Info isn't a high res one. I remember seeing this in Xperience. In Xperience however there was an option like "enable high res posters for video info" that made it look awesome in video info and still browse fast in the views.

Thoughts on this?
frellAn Wrote:Two small things I have noticed lately:

The fallback fanart shines trough when you select a TV Series for example or switch between movies fast, it doesn't look good. Could it be done any other way than just always be rendered behind the main fanart like it is now?

And also the big view of the poster in Video Info isn't a high res one. I remember seeing this in Xperience. In Xperience however there was an option like "enable high res posters for video info" that made it look awesome in video info and still browse fast in the views.

Thoughts on this?
I'm gonna fix the fanart issue. I can add support for poster.jpg in video info just like original aeon, I think Xperience has the same thing.
When I start playing a song it doesn't show the full screen visualisation automatically any more. I have to press tab to go to that view. Has that been implemented purposefully? Is there an option I can change?
I run XBMC Dharma 10.1 on a Windows 7 computer with the newest Aeon skin installed.

For some reason it only renders a very few folder icons when I try to look at my videos using Videos->Files

The problem is only when I want to see the movies under "files" If I look under Titles or in library mode they all show up okay.

I have tried changing skins, reinstalled XBMC with skins -> Everything. Nothing works.

HERE COMES THE STRANGE THING.

On my other computer - same settings from what I can see. It all works fine (also looking at the movies under Files. !!!

Did I miss to set a tag under some settings or what can I do.

PLEASE help guys.

Any idea what to do guys ?
This is probably a dumb questions but how can I run Video Add-Ons (like Youtube etc.) if I have the "Videos" menu hidden in the home screen? I prefer having TV and Movie views enabled instead. When I go to the Video Add-Ons through the actual "Add-On" menu, it only allows me to configure the add-ons I've already installed, not run them. The Programs menu only lets me run the Program add-ons and no other types.

The only way I can figure out how to run them is the "Add-On" sub-menu of the Videos menu if I have it enabled on the home screen.
P.Viby Wrote:I run XBMC Dharma 10.1 on a Windows 7 computer with the newest Aeon skin installed.

For some reason it only renders a very few folder icons when I try to look at my videos using Videos->Files

The problem is only when I want to see the movies under "files" If I look under Titles or in library mode they all show up okay.

I have tried changing skins, reinstalled XBMC with skins -> Everything. Nothing works.

HERE COMES THE STRANGE THING.

On my other computer - same settings from what I can see. It all works fine (also looking at the movies under Files. !!!

Did I miss to set a tag under some settings or what can I do.

PLEASE help guys.

Any idea what to do guys ?
No thumb means it's not recognised as a movie. Try pressing i and see what happens.

dwothers Wrote:This is probably a dumb questions but how can I run Video Add-Ons (like Youtube etc.) if I have the "Videos" menu hidden in the home screen? I prefer having TV and Movie views enabled instead. When I go to the Video Add-Ons through the actual "Add-On" menu, it only allows me to configure the add-ons I've already installed, not run them. The Programs menu only lets me run the Program add-ons and no other types.

The only way I can figure out how to run them is the "Add-On" sub-menu of the Videos menu if I have it enabled on the home screen.
Enable the video menu, enter, go to video addons and press c, add to favorites. Now you can make a sub menu item or menu item in system-->skin--> favorite shortcuts. Now you can disable the menu again
i think the infowall for tv episodes is a good idea, but it does need a bit of work. the thumb are a indeed to large. maybe making them smaller (3X3) and just having the focused thumb expand might be better. u can probably add an "Episode xx" overlay across the bottom of focused episodes too. i'm also not a fan of the "Season Number X Episode Number . Episode Name" layout you're using. just the episode number may look better. here what a mockup of what i had in mind....

Big_Noid Wrote:No thumb means it's not recognised as a movie. Try pressing i and see what happens.

Pressing I - and it comes up with the movie informations - Works well. If I then selects - Get thumb - I can see the correct thumb both set as current and is awailable as Remote. ONLY by selecting the Remote thumb and then go back it will change the folder thumbnail. Oo

Is there any work around so I dont have to do this with all my movies. ??

And again - it worked just fine from my other computer Rolleyes
Shinu Wrote:i think the infowall for tv episodes is a good idea, but it does need a bit of work. the thumb are a indeed to large. maybe making them smaller (3X3) and just having the focused thumb expand might be better. u can probably add an "Episode xx" overlay across the bottom of focused episodes too. i'm also not a fan of the "Season Number X Episode Number . Episode Name" layout you're using. just the episode number may look better. here what a mockup of what i had in mind....

That's just the label that xbmc returns. If you flatten your shows it wil show only episode number and in recent added view it will add the show name. Much more dynamic then just showing title I think. Can you update your svn? What do you think? It's a bit like your mockup I think Smile
Big_Noid Wrote:No thumb means it's not recognised as a movie. Try pressing i and see what happens.

Enable the video menu, enter, go to video addons and press c, add to favorites. Now you can make a sub menu item or menu item in system-->skin--> favorite shortcuts. Now you can disable the menu again

I'll give it a shot, thank you! The skin is really fantastic, really appreciate all the work you are putting in to it.