Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shinu Wrote:hey noid. can u revert the default aspect ratio for videos to what it was before? for some reason, all videos played through using addons has their screenshot (in the fullscreen info view) showing with a poster's ratio instead of the normal 16:9 ratio they should be.....

the thumbs when using the infowall for addon and non-library videos have the wrong ratio.
I believe this somehow is a bug in xbmc, because the visibilty condition states that it should only show poster when the videoplayer content is movies. But indeed when playing addons it somehow thinks it's content are movies?
Shinu Wrote:oh and there's no background visible when accessing the videos files screen.
fixed.
b_cott Wrote:i LOVE this theme. Just got it on my AppleTV2.

Can someone tell a noob how to go from folder and file select for movies to showing up with the coverart in a "coverflow" style with all the info?
Select Showcase view or DVD case view in the media menu which can be accessed by pressing in the opposite direction of the list navigation. It's better to scan your items to the library though then to work with the file view.
Babal Wrote:Understood, thanks for the explanation Big Noid.
Is there any way to implement a way to change the fallback image without unpacking, or encountering the same problem?

Thanks! Big Grin
I tried to yesterday, but I couldn't find a good solution. When I have time, I'll try to workaround this problem.
i really think this thread should get stickied.

Big_Noid, if i made some nice sound effects (i'm good with Logic) would you use them? or are you intentionally keeping the Confluence sounds?

i understand they have to be good and subtle (i hate skins that beep and bloop to much)

i'll make a few different packs that people can try out
anarchintosh Wrote:i really think this thread should get stickied.

Big_Noid, if i made some nice sound effects (i'm good with Logic) would you use them? or are you intentionally keeping the Confluence sounds?

i understand they have to be good and subtle (i hate skins that beep and bloop to much)

i'll make a few different packs that people can try out
No reason for using Confluence sound effects. it would be nice to have some original sound effects. If I like the sound effects I will definitely include it.
Some of the TV views are missing the TV-Y7 rating icon. I can get some screenshots are name some of the views they are missing in if needed. One place is when playing a video and bringing up the info.

Also, TV screencaps for shows that are 4:3 show stretched to what looks like a 16:9 ratio.
Big_Noid Wrote:Select Showcase view or DVD case view in the media menu which can be accessed by pressing in the opposite direction of the list navigation. It's better to scan your items to the library though then to work with the file view.

I've unchecked all other bullets then Showcase, and it still shows file list view.

I think I'm confused about how to use scrapers. I have the scrapers set up but they are not finding the info for my movies/tv shows. Do I have to manually run them?
Big Noid any news on support for accents? Huh
Nice updates. However, i was away for a while, and weren't able to update the skin, had to do it manually, due to 0.9.8.1 being gone from the repo. Smile
Big_Noid Wrote:Image

@Big_Noid

As other members mentioned, I too love this view but would like to make some comments. Notice how the movie titles are organize from left to right and then continue to the next row and start again, from left to right… Example: Rec2, 13, avatar, avatar, beowulf, (next row) bourne collection, chronicles of narnia, etc. If I’m going throw the list in this order, wouldn’t it be logical for the pointer selector to behave this way?

As is, let say I have Beowulf highlighted, if I arrow right, I get the “page up/down” selector. Arrow right again, a window options opens up. Should I keep arrowing right, I’ll end up with “Beowulf” again… and the loop continues. What I am suggesting is this, again from “Beowulf”: arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “Bourne Collection”, arrow right – “Chronicles of Narnia”, … “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”, and so on.

This not only flows smoothly, but saves time. Let say I currently have “Final Fantasy, Spirits Within” selected and want to watch “iRobot”. Old way I need a total of 5 clicks to reach it. With the method I mentioned, it’s a total of three: arrow right – “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”. Also this would flow nicely for a series of movies with many parts.

To get the window options, leave it as before. With the left most movies, in this view anyways, should I arrow left (from “Bourne Collection or “iRobot”, have it behave as it is currently and open up the window options.

Let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks.
ive finally managed to get the skin to work, thanks a lot guys. so far im loving it, def see an improvement in scrolling speed from Showmix. how do you get your music collection to show in case view? i can only seem to get it in list view. thank you
will we be seeing more banner views in the near future?
Preface - I love this skin. Thank you SmileSmile

However, I'm still a noob. I can't seem to get anything other than My NAS folder and "File/Add Folder" when I click on Video on the main screen, then of course a file list.

I can't get the coverflow look to work even when turned on in settings. I thought scrapers ran automatically when you select one. I'm confused Sad
akey83 Wrote:just tried - happens with MQ2 as well. Really strange ... I have no clue.

Could you post your xbmc.log to pastebin after trying a movie that does not properly run with Cinema Experience. Post a message with the link on the Cinema Experience Thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563 - Make sure you have XBMC in debug mode too.

Thanks...
Anyone else having the issue where the Home Theater Experience script is no longer kicking off? This is happening to me since I upgraded to the latest version of the skin. When i go to info screen and press PLAY, the HTE script is not starting anymore. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: I just saw akey83 is having a similar issue. This was working for me right before I upgraded this evening. However, I also update HTE script too....so who knows.
gabbott Wrote:Some of the TV views are missing the TV-Y7 rating icon. I can get some screenshots are name some of the views they are missing in if needed. One place is when playing a video and bringing up the info.

Also, TV screencaps for shows that are 4:3 show stretched to what looks like a 16:9 ratio.
Thx, I will fix it.
PatOso Wrote:Big Noid any news on support for accents? Huh
No news, it's a lot of work to change it.
newphreak Wrote:Nice updates. However, i was away for a while, and weren't able to update the skin, had to do it manually, due to 0.9.8.1 being gone from the repo. Smile
Strange, it should just grab the latest that is in the repo?
samJ Wrote:@Big_Noid

As other members mentioned, I too love this view but would like to make some comments. Notice how the movie titles are organize from left to right and then continue to the next row and start again, from left to right… Example: Rec2, 13, avatar, avatar, beowulf, (next row) bourne collection, chronicles of narnia, etc. If I’m going throw the list in this order, wouldn’t it be logical for the pointer selector to behave this way?

As is, let say I have Beowulf highlighted, if I arrow right, I get the “page up/down” selector. Arrow right again, a window options opens up. Should I keep arrowing right, I’ll end up with “Beowulf” again… and the loop continues. What I am suggesting is this, again from “Beowulf”: arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “Bourne Collection”, arrow right – “Chronicles of Narnia”, … “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”, and so on.

This not only flows smoothly, but saves time. Let say I currently have “Final Fantasy, Spirits Within” selected and want to watch “iRobot”. Old way I need a total of 5 clicks to reach it. With the method I mentioned, it’s a total of three: arrow right – “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”. Also this would flow nicely for a series of movies with many parts.

To get the window options, leave it as before. With the left most movies, in this view anyways, should I arrow left (from “Bourne Collection or “iRobot”, have it behave as it is currently and open up the window options.

Let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks.
I see what you mean, I'll see if I can get that to work.
EDIT: It's not possible, if I set the right action to give focus to the list, then it always returns to the previous focused item.
mrcress Wrote:ive finally managed to get the skin to work, thanks a lot guys. so far im loving it, def see an improvement in scrolling speed from Showmix. how do you get your music collection to show in case view? i can only seem to get it in list view. thank you
Showcase should be available in both library and filemode in music views.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:will we be seeing more banner views in the near future?
Probably not.
b_cott Wrote:Preface - I love this skin. Thank you SmileSmile

However, I'm still a noob. I can't seem to get anything other than My NAS folder and "File/Add Folder" when I click on Video on the main screen, then of course a file list.

I can't get the coverflow look to work even when turned on in settings. I thought scrapers ran automatically when you select one. I'm confused Sad
You should add a source and set content, see this link:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library
krade Wrote:Anyone else having the issue where the Home Theater Experience script is no longer kicking off? This is happening to me since I upgraded to the latest version of the skin. When i go to info screen and press PLAY, the HTE script is not starting anymore. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: I just saw akey83 is having a similar issue. This was working for me right before I upgraded this evening. However, I also update HTE script too....so who knows.
Since a couple of updates a go I made an extra button: cinema to play the cinema script. Play now just plays. If it still doesn't work, it's probably a script issue.
I'm trying to remove the 'ratings' in the TV show section but I cannot find the right code to remove/edit. Can someone help me?