Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Noid. A while ago I asked if it was possible to add a border around posters, as to not have dark ones blend with the OSD.

Victim Wrote:This is what I'm referrring to. As you can see from the image below, as there isn't a light border around the poster, it seems to blend in with the OSD bar.

Well, I ended up painting the borders from the Neon65 theme white and thought I share it. It blend well with the default theme, and thought maybe you can use it.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1903193171/borders.zip

I've also noticed that you removed 'Specials Support' from you're To Do list. Does that mean you have fixed it? Because the same issues still persist.
Victim Wrote:Well, I ended up painting the borders from the Neon65 theme white and thought I share it. It blend well with the default theme, and thought maybe you can use it.

I've also noticed that you removed 'Specials Support' from you're To Do list. Does that mean you have fixed it? Because the same issues still persist.
Nice, I'll check it out.
Yeah, there's nothing more I can do in the skin to support specials. There is indeed the problem that they show up in each season, but I think that is a bug in XBMC. It shouldn't be solved at skin level I think, if it's even possible to do so.
Is there any possibility to do something like this with aeon nox ?

Talking about adding addons below music/videos/pictures so they are easy accesible. It looks really good.
Adeiko Wrote:Is there any possibility to do something like this with aeon nox ?

Talking about adding addons below music/videos/pictures so they are easy accesible. It looks really good.

http://youtu.be/JjC1jQbq8Z8
Wink
ralob Wrote:Well, it turned out that TV Show Next Air was the script causing me trouble. Once deleted, the skin did not hang up at start-up anymore.

You are right, it was the next aired. As a workaround i stopped and then started the xbmc-live service and now I just suspend instead of shutdown. As soon as I reboot it hangs again.
Hi noid,

Loving the new landscape (new to me!) view for tv shows. Only thing, when a hdd with the content is switched off, the logos disappear from the view. Is is possible to have the skin database the logos so they show even when the content is unvailable?

Perhaps it might also make the scrolling a touch smoother? I don't know.
I guess, as they are PNG files w/transparency maybe this takes more cpu to draw.
Big_Noid Wrote:http://youtu.be/JjC1jQbq8Z8
Wink

That is good, but not exactly the same, because you must have another menu entry with only the addons.
It's posible to have for example in the TV Shows menu, some addons in with a widget? (right now i have them in the submenu, but there are too many options in the submenus right now).

Also, Instead of a widget of featured addons, you can make one like the movies posters? It looks so much better!
Wow, can't wait for the new ALA section in NOX ... Looks so good on youtube! Thanks for the link ...
PantsOnFire Wrote:Hi noid,

Loving the new landscape (new to me!) view for tv shows. Only thing, when a hdd with the content is switched off, the logos disappear from the view. Is is possible to have the skin database the logos so they show even when the content is unvailable?

Perhaps it might also make the scrolling a touch smoother? I don't know.
I guess, as they are PNG files w/transparency maybe this takes more cpu to draw.
Well, it loads the files from the location where the media is stored. it is not (yet) supported natively by XBMC. That also explains why it's sometimes slow with loading.
Adeiko Wrote:That is good, but not exactly the same, because you must have another menu entry with only the addons.
It's posible to have for example in the TV Shows menu, some addons in with a widget? (right now i have them in the submenu, but there are too many options in the submenus right now).

Also, Instead of a widget of featured addons, you can make one like the movies posters? It looks so much better!
Well, not "instead of" cause I like the widget :p
Maybe that is a good idea to make an extra poster widget, with video add-ons instead of movies.
First of all many thanks for a really beautiful skin. I've installed it recently and have spent a lot of time tweaking it. The result is really worth it! I only have one problem, perhaps somebody could point out what I'm doing wrong:

When in TVShown BigFan view, the placeholder box (I assume) for the Show poster (on the lower left) is empty. Transparent and empty. It only show the "watched" graphic (for the watched shows) on its top right corner. I have downloaded the posters by using the InfoView menu. The actual files exist inside each of my show folder (poster.jpg) and is shown on the InfoView menu.
When I check "Use poster instead of banners" it fills the rectangular box with the wide banner, which looks distorted.

The same view (BigFan) shows posters ok in my MOVIES menu.

any ideas? I'm using xbmc 10.1

Thanks so much!
stilgar Wrote:First of all many thanks for a really beautiful skin. I've installed it recently and have spent a lot of time tweaking it. The result is really worth it! I only have one problem, perhaps somebody could point out what I'm doing wrong:

When in TVShown BigFan view, the placeholder box (I assume) for the Show poster (on the lower left) is empty. Transparent and empty. It only show the "watched" graphic (for the watched shows) on its top right corner. I have downloaded the posters by using the InfoView menu. The actual files exist inside each of my show folder (poster.jpg) and is shown on the InfoView menu.
When I check "Use poster instead of banners" it fills the rectangular box with the wide banner, which looks distorted.

The same view (BigFan) shows posters ok in my MOVIES menu.

any ideas? I'm using xbmc 10.1

Thanks so much!

OK, I think I got a workaround (?). I invoke the InfoView and select "Get thumb". The online ones are all wide and would look distorted. Instead I select Browse and point to the previously downloaded poster.jpg. And it works! The box is now populated with my poster.jpg.
I don't know if there is an easier way. If so I'd love to hear...

thnx again
Hi Great Skin and I am now using Samrtlist instead of local folders! Nod
So in relation to this.

1) Is there a way to have different views on different Smartlist in the skin or is this a XBMC limitation?
.Example Poster on one and Wall on another? right now it looks like it can only be the same "look"

2) I have successfully installed the Quicktime Trailer plugin light then added it to the Favorites and then as a submenu to Movies in the menu (Is this the correct way? (When I started to use the skin there was a "Trailer submenu but that dissapeared when I removed the Full Quicktime trailer pluigin?

3) In the menu under skin I can select use Cinema Exp. alway... But how can I remove it from the Movie Submenu? I cant find a hide option for Cinema menu?

4) Maybee a stupid Q, Wink but is there anyway to hide the "Top level" icon in cover-flow? (I mean the (..) for going up one level of a subdirectory)

Thanks again for telling me about smartlist! I even have a Smartlist calling another smartlist to get only DVD and not HD movies now great!
One question, in the igotdvds tv guide (calendar) i got more than 4 shows airing the same day, but only 4 are shown, and there is no way to get the bar down like before.

General (only 4 shows):

Tuesdays (6 shows):

Also, if we have more than 6 shows (not atm, but next season i might have xD) they will be shown in the more detailed view? or only 6 again?
stilgar Wrote:OK, I think I got a workaround (?). I invoke the InfoView and select "Get thumb". The online ones are all wide and would look distorted. Instead I select Browse and point to the previously downloaded poster.jpg. And it works! The box is now populated with my poster.jpg.
I don't know if there is an easier way. If so I'd love to hear...

thnx again
If you always want posters, just enable it in the settings of the tvdb scraper. Get thumb will fetch first posters then, instead of banners and new shows automatically downloads posters instead of banners.
casperse Wrote:Hi Great Skin and I am now using Samrtlist instead of local folders! Nod
So in relation to this.

1) Is there a way to have different views on different Smartlist in the skin or is this a XBMC limitation?
.Example Poster on one and Wall on another? right now it looks like it can only be the same "look"

2) I have successfully installed the Quicktime Trailer plugin light then added it to the Favorites and then as a submenu to Movies in the menu (Is this the correct way? (When I started to use the skin there was a "Trailer submenu but that dissapeared when I removed the Full Quicktime trailer pluigin?

3) In the menu under skin I can select use Cinema Exp. alway... But how can I remove it from the Movie Submenu? I cant find a hide option for Cinema menu?

4) Maybee a stupid Q, Wink but is there anyway to hide the "Top level" icon in cover-flow? (I mean the (..) for going up one level of a subdirectory)

Thanks again for telling me about smartlist! I even have a Smartlist calling another smartlist to get only DVD and not HD movies now great!
1) I don't know, this is not something I can control through the skin.
2) I added a visiblity for the submenu that it will only show the trailer entry if the apple trailer lite plugin is installed, but I see now I made a typo, so it doesn't work. You made a good workaround Wink
3) Right now it's not supported to enable/disable submenu items. But I will make sure the button is only visible if the cinema script is installed.
4) In appearnce settings of XBMC, file list entry, disable Show parent folder items.
Adeiko Wrote:One question, in the igotdvds tv guide (calendar) i got more than 4 shows airing the same day, but only 4 are shown, and there is no way to get the bar down like before.

Also, if we have more than 6 shows (not atm, but next season i might have xD) they will be shown in the more detailed view? or only 6 again?
I had to choose between making a scrollable list in the main page or have separate entries to the respective days and I choose the latter.
In the window of the day itself up to 25 shows are supported.
Just been updated to v1.2 .....ta

but now I've lost my music playlist widget. Huh