Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: More than 3 Custom menu buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to add more than 3 custom menu buttons?

I made smartplaylists for anime, anime movies, movies, tv shows, documentaries, comedy shows, other stuff.

All help is appreciated.

(Kudo's to the skin creator btw)
Myth Wrote:Is there a way to add more than 3 custom menu buttons?

only by modding the skin yourself.

the menu is defined in Includes_Home.xml.

to add another button, you basically need this code:
Code:
<item id="17">
    <label>ButtonLabel</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/filenameofplaylist.xsp&quot;)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/yourbackgroundimage.jpg</icon>
</item>
Ok, thank you very much!
aaaah, have it completely set up to my taste now. All the groups I want, in the order i want. Had to look up a few things like the background folders, and adding the "return" thing to the action. But it's working perfect!

Thanks!
How would I go about adding the option to have more favourites in the Movies, TV Shows and Music Submenus?

I have more than three smart playlists to link for all of them.
I'm at work now (for at least another 8 hours), but in case noone else answered yet when i'm home, I can provide you with the answers Smile.
MikeHennessey Wrote:How would I go about adding the option to have more favourites in the Movies, TV Shows and Music Submenus?

more or less the same code as above, for movies & tv shows playlists:
Code:
<item id="8123">
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/filenameofplaylist.xsp&quot;)</onclick>
</item>

put the code below the existing entries in Includes_Home.xml,
for movies that would be line 2665 and for tv shows line 2756.

for music playlists you can use:
Code:
<item id="8124">
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/filenameofplaylist.xsp&quot;)</onclick>
</item>
or, if you want to play the playlist directly instead of viewing it:
Code:
<item id="8124">
    <onclick>PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/filenameofplaylist.xsp&quot;)</onclick>
</item>

paste the code below the existing submenu entries at line 3023.
Myth,

I would still like to hear what you have done and how you did it.

Thanks,
Mark
Thanks guys. I'm stuck at work too but will try this when I get home.
mwkurt Wrote:Myth,

I would still like to hear what you have done and how you did it.

Thanks,
Mark

I'm writing a how-to from A to Z later today, with folder set up, smartlist creations, etc... . Shouldn't take too long and could be helpfull for many people, as I to struggled at first.