Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Log Analyzer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wrote this little tool to try to bring some order to my unruly download folder. This program looks through your xbmc log file and lists the duration of each video file played. It also provides some very basic scripting functionality to do something with what it finds.

XBMC truncates it's log on every start so in order for this to be useful you'd have to copy the xbmc.log every time xbmc starts. On windows I've solved it by a small batch-file wrapper around xbmc.exe:
Code:
@echo off
set CYGWIN=tty ntea
type %APPDATA%\XBMC\xbmc.log | "c:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSSH\bin\ssh.exe" myserver "cat >> /storage/safe/xbmclog"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

And on linux, simply modify /usr/bin/xbmc to do something like:
Code:
cat $HOME/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log >> myperpetuallogfile
before launching xbmc.bin

Binary installer and source code available. Program is written in VB in Visual Studio 2010. Dependent on .NET framework 3.5. This program is released under the BSD license.

This is a hack, and therefore not the most elegant code, but it (sort of) works. I post this in the hopes that it will be useful and make no claims as to the program actually working or that it won't damage your data (it never touches anything but your log file though so it should be fine).

Source and installer available at google code:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-log-analyzer/