Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Clean up ugly file names that XBMC has already successfully scraped?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I noticed a lot of people trying to come up with ways to rename file names so that XBMC can recognize them with a scraper. My problem is a little different though: XBMC is able to recognize the file names and scrape them, but the file names are messy and it bugs me (specifically the tv show file names).

Since XBMC already knows the exact name of the movie / tv show, is there any way to have it use the NFO it downloaded to go back and rename the original file? Or some third party software that will do this for me?

For example, let's say the tv show filename is "Family.Guy.S09E01.720p.Dimension.mkv". XBMC scans this in just fine, and knows that the name of the episode is "And Then There Were Fewer". Since it knows this, I would like it to go back and rename the original file to something prettier, like "901 - And Then There Were Fewer.mkv". Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tyler
wildonrio Wrote:Hi,

I noticed a lot of people trying to come up with ways to rename file names so that XBMC can recognize them with a scraper. My problem is a little different though: XBMC is able to recognize the file names and scrape them, but the file names are messy and it bugs me (specifically the tv show file names).

Since XBMC already knows the exact name of the movie / tv show, is there any way to have it use the NFO it downloaded to go back and rename the original file? Or some third party software that will do this for me?

For example, let's say the tv show filename is "Family.Guy.S09E01.720p.Dimension.mkv". XBMC scans this in just fine, and knows that the name of the episode is "And Then There Were Fewer". Since it knows this, I would like it to go back and rename the original file to something prettier, like "901 - And Then There Were Fewer.mkv". Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tyler

Search for and then use 2 tools. "TV Renamer" and "Media Companion" Done Smile
cold_realms Wrote:Search for and then use 2 tools. "TV Renamer" and "Media Companion" Done Smile

http://tvrenamer.com/

http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/