Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ALLMUSIC scraper not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

did a clean install of XBMC to 10 (Dharma) and had to setup xbmc from scratch. all is working fine with he exception of my music library. all my artist and albums are being recognized by Allmusic scraper but the scraper is not automatically downloading and applying the artist fanart and thumb I have to go to each individual artist manually and refresh my search and then the fanart and thumb is picked up and added to the arist.....my database is too large to have to do this manually. Anybody have an idea of what is going on

Thanks in advance
I have the same issue.
Hey guys!
I had the same problem, so I searched this forum for an hour or so.
Here is what I found and what helped me:
The ALLMUSIC scrapper seems to have a problem, if other scraper are installed (especially the last.fm scrapper), so one user suggested to reinstall the whole system, because you do not seem to be able to uninstall the scrappers (maybe you are, i did not even tried Big Grin).
Of course you do not have to reinstall the complete live system, so here is a list of files and folders, I have removed:

/userdata/Database/MyMusic[*].db !!! WARNING: This is your music-DB, so only delete it, if you're sure!!!

/userdata/LastfmScrobbler.xml
/userdata/addon_data/metadata.artists.last.fm/
/addons/metadata.albums.last.fm/
/addons/metadata.artists.last.fm/
(and every other music-scrapers you might have)
/addons/packages/metadata.[...].zip
/temp/scrapers/metadata.albums.[...]/
/temp/scrapers/metadata.artists.[...]/

I don't think, it is necessary to remove them all, it's just what I did.
Please quit XBMC before deleting this files and create a backup of the whole XBMC folder.

After a restart, scan your music folder and it will work!
My problem turns out my ID3 tags. I ripped all my CDs a couple years back with CDex. Things looked fine on my mp3 player and I never noticed how screwed up all my tags were until I moved everything into XBMC. I edited all my tags with mp3tag to all my albums and even added all the art and everything looks perfect now. Lot of work but it was easier then re-ripping all my CDs again.
Hi there i am new to xbmc but seem to be having the same issue as the first poster i do not seem to be able to scrape all my music automatically am having to do file by file. I have tried doing what deliverance00 said in his post but can't seem to find any of the files mentioned to deleteSad

Any help on this would be great.