Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help with 360 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes I know there are posts on how to install one for live but im new at linux and am having a hard time following these posts any help would be highly appreciated.. i want the controllers for emulators.
Check this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=533217&postcount=1

If it's a standard usb gamepad it should work on live without doing anything other than plugging it in a usb port. But you need to configure
each emulator before it will work.

You prolly want to read trough this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

This is the advanced launcher plugin which i succesfully have manged to get the following emulators working with my live system and gamepad:
1. Vice - Commodore 64
2. ZSNES - Super Nintendo
3. Mednafen - NES/GBA
4. Mupen64plus v1.5 - GameCube64
5. Still working on Mame...
Would it have to be a true 360 controller or would it still use the 3rd party controllers like madcatz or gamestop ones? Thanks for your help I have used the launcher and games are set up
A regular usb gamepad on any brand should do it i think.
I have a logitech gamepad myself.
joshfokis Wrote:Yes I know there are posts on how to install one for live but im new at linux and am having a hard time following these posts any help would be highly appreciated.. i want the controllers for emulators.

Is it a wireless controller?
My gamestop one crashes my live but thanks for the help
No wired
joshfokis Wrote:My gamestop one crashes my live but thanks for the help

Well, I have instructions for getting wireless 360 controllers to work in XBMC (with 4 controller support). I'm not sure how these steps apply to you, but at the very least, it should give you the ability to use the controller throughout xbmc itself and not just in games.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=609...stcount=92
Yeah I tried your tut and it confused me because it wasn't doing half the stuff you were saying and I also downloaded v2 and still didn't work
joshfokis Wrote:Yeah I tried your tut and it confused me because it wasn't doing half the stuff you were saying and I also downloaded v2 and still didn't work

Well the drop.io site it was hosted on went down recently. So if by "not doing half the stuff" you mean that the key file wasn't there, you'd be right Smile

Anyway, I've updated the link with one from mediafire. Not sure what v2 does.
I did a search and a google code came up but I'll try the new link
yeah sad to say i did the setup on your tut and its still not working... i may just try and buy a true 360 wired controller
joshfokis Wrote:yeah sad to say i did the setup on your tut and its still not working... i may just try and buy a true 360 wired controller

If you're going to go out and *buy* a new controller, I recommend going wireless. The price difference isn't that big.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wir...B002TIW7OI

$40 Smile
i have some wireless controllers just wanted to use the usb ones for simplicity but unfortunately that turned out wrong. my question with the wireless ones i would have to have the adapter and then your tut should solve the issue correct?
joshfokis Wrote:i have some wireless controllers just wanted to use the usb ones for simplicity but unfortunately that turned out wrong. my question with the wireless ones i would have to have the adapter and then your tut should solve the issue correct?

I believe so. I tested it specifically on XBMC Live Dharma on a Revo1600 box. So far everyone I've talked to seems to find that it works. I have one wireless receiver plugged into my USB port; all 4 controllers connect to the same dongle, and light up with P1, P2, P3, P4, in order of when you press the xbox buttons. Emulators can easily be programmed to receive commands from each controller separately (i.e. 4 players). The controllers go into sleep mode after a period of inactivity and can be woken by pressing the xbox button. All four controllers can interchangeably be used to navigate around in XBMC itself.

With all that said, I actually don't think you ever stated the exact problem you're having. Perhaps I'm missing what is actually not working.
Pages: 1 2 3