Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC integration for MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im using the XBMC integration plugin for windows 7 Media Center from http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/. It seems like almost everytime i exit out of XBMC when it was started from the MC menu i get a black screen and have to reboot because i can do absolutely nothing on my computer. I cant seem to find any way to contact the developers of the program. Theres a contact link on their main page but it doesnt seem to work so i figured id see if anyone else had this problem on the forums. Thanks in advance.
I have the exact same issue and it drives me crazy!. I hate using Win7MCE but right now it's the only way I can get Live TV/PVR functionality.
Try disabling Windows Aero Theme...switch to windows 7 basic theme..worked for me.

Problem I'm having with XBMC Integration is when quitting back to windows the taskbar is infront of windows media center, and have to reach for the keyboard to fix. This doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying Stare
DanMan Wrote:Try disabling Windows Aero Theme...switch to windows 7 basic theme..worked for me.

Problem I'm having with XBMC Integration is when quitting back to windows the taskbar is infront of windows media center, and have to reach for the keyboard to fix. This doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying Stare

Mine did the same thing too!.

If you don't mind me asking, What are you using MCE for? I needed it for Live TV/PVR and was using it to Host access to everything else i.e. Hulu Desktop, XBMC.

I prefer to use XBMC as the host but it doen't have LiveTV/PVR functionality and the stand alone TV/PVR apps aren't for me.

I came up with a solution though that would allow me to get back to having XBMC as the HOST.

I found an app called "Hidemenustrips.exe" that allows you to strip out anything within MCE that you dont' want. I removed everything but TV and Tasks (because tasks is where the shutdown menu is)

I went back to XBMC and installed the Executer Plugin which allows you to launch another executable. I created eshell.exe from the C:\windows\ehome directory (this is MCE). I then made this a favorite so I could add a custom home page to XBMC.

When XBMC Launches This favorite it opens MCE and its ready to watch recorded TV or Live TV. When your done you go down to tasks and click CLOSE. XBMC comes back.

All scheduled TV recordings still occur even if MCE is not open. There's a service that handles that.

Hope this helps anyone who was in the same boat as I was.