Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New htpc for xbmc AS ROCK ION 330
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to get an as rock ion 330 non blu ray, is this box good enough to use for xbmc, all my files are mkv mostly 720p, but would like it to be able to play 1080p, I notice they do one with intel i3, is this better.

Thanks

Paul
I have the Asrock Ion 330HT not the bluray version.
Running Windows 7 with XBMC Dharma 10 with fusion genesis skin and it plays everything i throw at it though i have to admit it is overclocked to 2.1ghz with no
stability issues. I know little regarding the i3 version.
With any luck poofyhairguy will pick up this he may know more about the i3 than me.
The ASROCK ION system is PERFECT for XBMC, as its ION GPU can decode any mkv you have- 1080p or more. ION as a platform is able to handle the maximum of the Blu Ray spec.

In fact, I recommend AVOIDING the slightly more expensive i3 ASROCKs, as they have a not so great Intel GPU. The ION systems are actually better for playback. The only exception is this i3 ASROCK:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856158019

That is the best HTPC on the planet because it combines i3 (yay!) with a Nvidia GPU (yay!).
Thanks for your advice, I did have a look at that one, it looks like a mac mini, with better spec. Thanks again, think I will order one today Smile

Paul