Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Anyone have SVN r27288 dmg file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone - This is my first post here, I've been lurking around keeping tabs on the Chrystal HD updates, user responses to various nightlies, etc...

My setup is as follows:
AppleTV 3.0.2 connected to iMac via SMB over ethernet.

I just upgraded my Apple TV to the Dharma and r174 video driver, and have noticed a severe hit in my 720p .mkv's. I've tried various combinations of Dharma 10.0, r35567 (RC2), r174 and r154, all with the same results more or less. (Here is the log from just under 10 mins of a movie in case anyone would like to take a look. http://pastebin.com/xrzp9i1U).

My SD content, avi's play flawless as usual, while my HD content, all 720p .mkv's drop a lot of frames, and the sound cuts in and out.

I know that r27288 worked really well for me, does anyone have a copy of the dmg they could share?

Or... anyone have a combination of XBMC and CrystalHD drivers that works well for them with their HD content?

Thanks in advance

Andrew
andrewspearns Wrote:I know that r27288 worked really well for me, does anyone have a copy of the dmg they could share?

Or... anyone have a combination of XBMC and CrystalHD drivers that works well for them with their HD content?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Did you try the release Dharma and the r15x ( the one for the older CHD card which I have)? That works fine for me, though not quite as well as booting Sam's new Linux image from a flash drive. The other Dharma that worked for me was rc1. rc2 did not work well at all for me. r33778 was also fine.

philip
pmcd Wrote:Did you try the release Dharma and the r15x ( the one for the older CHD card which I have)? That works fine for me, though not quite as well as booting Sam's new Linux image from a flash drive. The other Dharma that worked for me was rc1. rc2 did not work well at all for me. r33778 was also fine.

philip

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a try but was frustrated at that point and probably didn't give it a fair shake.

Will look into Sam's image as well...

Cheers
A
Hi Andrew
im getting the exact saem problem happening mkvs are dodgy and as well!
barely watchable!!
Did you end up fixing the problem as i never used any other version as i just got the apple tv and thought it was a waster of money...
let me know how you go??
im going to try and find this sams image thing and test that
I haven't figured it out yet - but I think I have a lead.

Having updated to r156 and r174, and back to r156, I've realized that the option to select Crystal HD in the video settings has disappeared. I have the 00012 card, from eBay, so it's the old layout. I'm trying to downgrade back to r26 to see if it will bring back that option. I'm thinking my aTV is not seeing the card with r156.

Can anyone confirm that the option to select Crystal HD in the video settings should be there with r156 and 10.0?

THanks
A
andrewspearns Wrote:I haven't figured it out yet - but I think I have a lead.

Having updated to r156 and r174, and back to r156, I've realized that the option to select Crystal HD in the video settings has disappeared. I have the 00012 card, from eBay, so it's the old layout. I'm trying to downgrade back to r26 to see if it will bring back that option. I'm thinking my aTV is not seeing the card with r156.

Can anyone confirm that the option to select Crystal HD in the video settings should be there with r156 and 10.0?

THanks
A

Yes, it should be there. I am using the 012 card and r156. The CHD option used to disappear when memory was very low. A reboot of the ATV always brought it back for me.

philip
pmcd Wrote:Yes, it should be there. I am using the 012 card and r156. The CHD option used to disappear when memory was very low. A reboot of the ATV always brought it back for me.

philip

I think this was my problem when it all boils down. I just got my Harmony remote setup to control everything well, so I stopped unplugging the AppleTV daily about two weeks ago. I guess memory got low after a few nights of watching movies without rebooting and the CrystalHD option disappeared and didn't come back.

One way or the other, it's back to normal now. I'm using Dharma 10.0 and r156 and it worked perfectly.
Could you please tell me why do you keep on using r156? Is it better with final Dharma?
If so, could you post instructions on how to install r156?

I'm on r174 (went straight to it from r26) now and I'm not happy with the performance.

Thanks!
I'm using r156 because I can't seem to figure out how to go back to R26. I am finding r156 to be good now that I've got it working, but wouldn't mind knowing how to go back to r26 to see how it performs with Dharma 10.0 as well.

To install r156, ssh into the Apple TV, and copied and pasted this code...

Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://crystalhd.sartori.at/devel/crystalhd.plist

Then I went to Launcher|Downloads and there were two CrystalHD drivers available. r174 and r156. Install r156 from there.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=499440&postcount=1 for CrystalHD Drivers for Launcher info...