Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No fanart or thumbnails being scraped for UFC events. Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

acribb

I notice that UFC events can only be added as 'Movies', since theMovieDB.org is the only place allowed to house this data.

However, it seems that XBMC does not scrape the Thumb or Fanart, even though it is clearly there.

For example, here is UFC 125 at http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/52206 . This 'movie' clearly has both a poster and fanart. However, XBMC only scrapes the text and not the thumb or fanart. The logs reflect this as well, but don't show any scraping errors, its just that it won't scrape the thumb or fanart for UFC events.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

acribb

Is there a minimum size requirement for posters and backdrops? This is the only thing that I can think of as a reason that the scraper ignores the poster and fanart. Unless its because there is only 1 poster and 1 fanart, whereas on other movies, there are multiple posters and fanart.

I also noticed that for this particular movie, http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getI...0ea9/52206 , that these two functions were NOT being executed:
<chain function="GetTMDBThumbsByIdChain">52206</chain><chain function="GetTMDBFanartByIdChain">52206</chain></details>

What are the scraper requirements for downloading posters and fanart?

Can someone point me to the code?
Hi acvibb!!!

While this doesn't solve your problem, I have already tagged the first 100 UFCs with info, posters, and fanart. I used Ember and a lot of Internet searching, and it took me about a day and a half, but it looks great. I have mostly hi res posters except for the earliest UFCs and fanart for almost all of them post UFC 40.

Tell me if you want me to post the files somewhere. They are XBMC ready and hopefully match your file naming convention.
Incidentally, I had to mark them as movies too. However, I just filtered them out with a smart playlist and made it a sub menu item with Night Skin.

acribb

That would be GREAT and would save me tons of trouble.

I appreciate it!

acribb

Good idea on the smart playlist item and separate menu item as well. I don't like seeing them in there with my movies.
Rangerrob can I get the files too? If anyone has done the same for pride, sengoku or dream let me know! Would love to have those as well
Ranger Rob Wrote:Incidentally, I had to mark them as movies too. However, I just filtered them out with a smart playlist and made it a sub menu item with Night Skin.

Could i please get those too Ranger Rob? It'd be really awesome to have my library look as good as the movies.
I also would like those, i'm watching 128 now, so no spoilers please.. Wink
Anyway, can you .rar the files and upload it to something like Fileserve, Hotfile. Would be greatly appreciated.
Could someone possibly share the the 1-100 UFC thumbnail/poster pack and any other UFC events they have?

I have been scouring the internet to try and clean my UFC dir up but getting nowhere fast :/
I created my own UFC data for tvshows so it shows up in my library under UFC. I have every event from 1 to 133 including specials such as best of 2010 bluray etc.

i have season thumbs and episode thumbs for all and nfos for all and also a logo i created.

if anyone is interested PM me, if i get enough interest i'll upload all the .tbn .nfo and logo files for you all so you can create your own directory for ufc fights.
Great thread, I was wondering how to get this done! No sense redoing your fine work. Please, share Nod
no probs will start working on getting it all uploaded and get a link to you guys when i can will keep it to this thread.

might take me a while since my uploads are slow as hell over here (australia)
frieten Wrote:no probs will start working on getting it all uploaded and get a link to you guys when i can will keep it to this thread.

might take me a while since my uploads are slow as hell over here (australia)

sweet i can't wait Big Grin need to get all my UFC events into XBMC
adam_purkis Wrote:sweet i can't wait Big Grin need to get all my UFC events into XBMC

Should only be a couple more days at the latest i've got 0-100 done now just finishing the last 32.

also FYI 1-90 all uses the dvd images for season and thumbs, since i got them from a dvd collection.

90-132 i've made up my own season images that i feel are good as well as thumbs for each episode.

if you dont like any of the season or thumb images you can easily replace them.

For the NFO's i've used the UFC wiki

once i've finished i'll do up a bit of a guide with pics for you all so its as easy as possible to get working.
Pages: 1 2