Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Sam's original image with ATV and a couple of questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Sam.Nazarko's original ATV image on a patchstick with my ATV and everything is working fine. I should be able to install my newly arrived CrystalHD card tonight or tomorrow to see how things go with that, but I have a couple of questions.

1) Does suspend or hibernation work with the patchstick images i.e. not going through the ATV OS? The reason I ask is that when I use the Crystalbuntu image on a patchstick, I can use the hibernate option to put the ATV to sleep, but I cannot seem to wake it up without power cycling. I've tried holding down the play/pause button on the remote as well as the menu button, but neither seem to work. I was able to force the ATV into recovery mode by holding the menu and the minus keys, but that's not a real option. When I try to send the ATV to sleep with the suspend option in XBMC, nothing seems to happen at all. is there something else I should be doing?

2) I've seen how to get the Bluetooth stack installed and working under the ATV OS, what I'm wondering is could I install the wii remote event client and get that working with the ATV like I have with my HTPC? If so that would be great. Would it be as simple as having the BT dongle plugged in, installing Bluez and the wii remote eventclient and issuing a
Code:
#xbmc-wiiremote &

I haven't been able to try the wii remote yet, because I need to pick up a USB hub. So I thought I'd ask first to see if I'd be wasting my money and time or not.
1. No ACPI. So no
2. Google Ubuntu 8.0.4 and your Bluetooth requirements. I have got blueman running with ps3 remote in the past.
To elaborate on (1), there's no power control inside the ATV. It's a very simple power supply, and even when it's in "standby" from Frontrow all that happens is that it clocks down the CPU, turns off the video, and spins down the hard disc. That's why it's always available to take updates from iTunes.

Inside XBMC/Ubuntu there's no point in telling it to hibernate. Sam's image will already let it idle at 600MHz (from 1000) and spin down the hard disc. Set your video options so that it turns off the video after 20 mins or so of inactivity, and you're in about the same place.

You'll notice it running quite hot when it's playing a video (especially 1080p), and I'm loathe to leave it idling like that (I shut mine down and then turn it off at the wall), but on the odd occasion that I've forgotten to turn it off I'll find it later cooled down to the same lukewarm temperature as if I'd put it into standby from Frontrow.
Okay, thanks. I just downloaded Sam's latest image, and I'm going to throw that onto an 8GB thumbdrive and give it a spin tonight.
Where can I get SAMs image I can't seem to find it could you post a link

Paul Wink