Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Full SMB browsing not allowed for subtitles folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Dharma on Live (will update version later when I get home) and I noticed that setting the Subtitles folder in Settings | Video may be broken or buggy. I currently have three sources, but technically just one since they al come from the same network SMB share.

\\SERVER
--\Music\
---Videos\
-----Movies\
-----TV Shows\

I have Music, Movies, and TV Shows as XBMC library folders, set with appropriate content. When I go to Settings to try to set my subtitles folder, I am allowed to either browse to all the folders under Movies or the local UNIX file system. I don't store or use the local FS. Seeing as how this was the case and not wanting to investigate, I put subtitles under \Movies\Subtitles. The problem with this is obvious. It really confuses XBMC when it scans each startup because it starts looking in Subtitles and at all the random files.

I would like to store Subtitles under Videos but I can't browse to it. Why is it that when I want to add a source, XBMC lets me browse every folder in my network share, top down, left right, but in the Subtitles setting page, it acts in a very non-obvious manner?

I tried setting the folder in the AdvancedSettings.xml file but it doesn't seem to be picking it up.