Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Scraper fetching online info even though folder has relevant items in it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I started scanning my movie library with the new build and noticed that xbmc was downloading heaps of stuff for the db even though there are already items in the relevant folders.

ex. Contents of the Folder "Alfie (2004)\"

Alfie (2004).avi
Alfie (2004).tbn
Alfie (2004)-trailer.avi
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
poster.tbn

extrathumbs\
thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg

Unless something has changed I am pretty sure XBMC should be scraping the folder first for the files before doing an online scrape and thus able to create my videodb with the current file structure.

When I blocked xbmc from accessing outside connections (using netlimiter) it would take ages to scan in just 1 movie, so I stopped the scanning. At which point xbmc stopped running and hung for awhile and I had windows "xbmc has stopped responding" errors. After a min or 2 xbmc "responded" again.

All my folders are in this format as I use Ember first to fix everything how I like it, and disable xbmc from writing to files.

full debug here: http://pastebin.com/xxSBxYG5
it's downloading the actor thumbs since it can't find them locally.. blame ember. they should sit in a folder .actors/actor_name.tbn
Turn the option off in settings if you do not like it.
spiff Wrote:it's downloading the actor thumbs since it can't find them locally.. blame ember. they should sit in a folder .actors/actor_name.tbn

1. Explains what xbmc is doing in my situation.
2. Provides a helpful solution.

All in two simple sentences. That's my idea of help and support. Thanks Spiff Cool