Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: First time using xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I have a Asus AT3N7A Atom 330 ION pc running windows 7 currently, its all working fine but i'm keen to just give this xbmc a go. I'm completely new to running anything other than windows but i understand i can run xbmc from a cd without installing anything.
Is this correct? as i don't want to go and ruin my current setup but am very curious to see what xbmc is like (with maybe a view to running it all the time instead)

I guess i shouldn't be so lazy and should search around for these answers but thought best i check first.

If it is possible to run from a cd does xbmc just boot from the cd and if next time i don't have the cd in will my windows 7 boot as normal

I have downloaded the iso file from http://xbmc.org/download/ - i picked the 'Live' option. Is that the one?

Sorry for appearing such a novice but any guidance is appreciated
XBMC Runs in Windows.
other than that, yes, burn that iso to a cd and you can boot it 'live' and test it out without interfering with your windows install at all.
Great thanks for the reply i will create a bootable disc and try it out this evening.
If i like it i could possibly become a regular on here (sorry!)

Many thanks
Phil