Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Run Catalyst Control Center from XMCLive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having trouble getting XBMCLive to use the correct resolution for my TV (1360x768). After hours of trying, it turns out that fglrx is ignoring xorg.conf and the only way to configure X is through Catalyst Control Center. I can run CCC by logging into XBMCLive machine using putty, but then CCC ignores the mouse and keyboard input because they are held hostage by XBMC. How can I operate CCC on XBMCLive?
try exiting xbmc to console, login, startx
this should bring you to fluxbox where you can get menu by right click on background.
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that, but when I exit XBMCLive, it just restarts itself. How do I force it to stay away?
if you kill it, it will restart. This is sometimes a pain, dont know how to deal with that.
BUT, if you go to shutdown menu and do exit does it not exit?

You can get another console by pressing CTRL+ALT+F - some function key, perhaps thats enough but X will still be started.
Quote:BUT, if you go to shutdown menu and do exit does it not exit?
Yes it does - but then it just relaunches itself.
ok, in DharmaLive it works for me.

Try the CTRL-ALT Function key instead
vikjon0 Wrote:ok, in DharmaLive it works for me.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I'm on DharmaLive - the PVR version from Lars Op den Kamp's repo, that is.

vikjon0 Wrote:Try the CTRL-ALT Function key instead

I tried that, but I haven't figured out yet how to start X from that console. It complains that it is already running.
Quote:It complains that it is already running.
ah yeah...thats why you needed to exit xbmc...I confused myself...

I dont know how to stop the restart in PVR version.... if you have a runXBMC script like in live perhaps you could rename it or something....
I just realised that I probably should start a window manager and then start CCC, instead of trying to kill XBMC. Will try this today.
Quote:start a window manager

Thats what startx does...but perhaps you can find a way to start fluxbox at the same time as xbmc. If nothing else works you can always boot in secure mode.
That's what I was doing right now actually, now that the window manager approach gave me nothing. However, holding down shift while booting does really not give me the Grub menu. I'm running out of ideas now.
Quote:does really not give me the Grub menu.

Check in grub.cfg and change default probably to 1 (from 0). This will boot second line. Put it back by running update-grub
Quote:Check in grub.cfg and change default probably to 1 (from 0). This will boot second line.

I think you mean /etc/default/grub (since we are dealing with Grub 2). I'm sorry, there really is only one menu entry.

I think I need to regain some energy before pursuing this any further. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of it. Thanks for your help.
for a temp fix /boot/grub/grub.cfg is fine. update-grub will overwrite with info from default/grub
How bad is it if I screw up the grub.cfg file? I'm not sure how to add an extra Grub menu entry, and I would rather not wreck my install since I have put quite a few hours into it already. Right now I have a working XBMC with VAAPI and PVR enabled. I would really not want to have to redo all the work.
Pages: 1 2