Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: When I updated my database my fanart were replaced by a black picture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I updated my database, my fanarts were replaced by a black picture!!!
And if i go to the information, the online pictures are black.
What can i do?

I cant find the scarper function, too. It is removed from the menu or i cant find it anymore!
It's a S C R A P E R! Smile I know a lot of people cringe whenever the see 'scarper', 'scrapper', or any other rendition of scraper.

A little more detail will help. What do you mean by 'updating your database' - what exactly did you do? Have you configured your sources and the appropriate scrapers and then updated the library?
i think the problem is, xbmc doesn`t add the fanarts automatically!!
I'd suggest starting here - it does indeed download posters and fanart when configured properly: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
But i have confirued it!!!! Two days ago, it worked with the same settings!!!!
the program know the pictures but it doesn`t download the pictures.

Last week it worked!
I guess a corruption occurred of some kind to your xbmc videos database that somehow was the result of black fanart screens and the unability to see what fanart to download because all of them are black! Yes, It happened to me in the past but not on it's own I was messing with video and thumbnails database files etc... And then had the exact same problem that I could not recover from!

I'm not suggesting you should do this but nothing i tried would solve the problem and the only way I was able to fix it by uninstalling xbmc completely together with all the user database files, in otherwords not a trace left then start all over again from scratch :-) that's just me though, I would not advice you to do that unless you have no other option left ;-)

Regards,
EG.