Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need Addon or Script. Willing to pay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT:
Finished by friend. No need for this anymore Smile

Hey all you programmers out there. I can't afford much ($100) but I hope it's enough to peak someones interest. I believe it's a simple script but I could be wrong.

What I need (it's for a retail business so they can display info/ads/weather in-store) is to be able to pick a folder to read from. The script plays all Movies and Images from that folder. Along with playing all movies and images, it will also display the weather randomly. The script will need to be on a continuous loop and never really be touched.

- Need an option so I can pick how long all images get displayed (i.e. 30, 60, 90, 120 seconds etc).
- Need an option to turn the weather displaying on/off (maybe also an option to display weather after every X amount of videos/images?).
- Need an option to randomize the content (if this can be done), otherwise it just reads in in order?.

Would also need the script to be able to auto update itself so when new content is added to the folder, it will get displayed (and old content removed).

Any willing programmers, please post, pm or email me.

Thanks! and I hope someone is willing to help me out. I have zero clue on what to do Smile

Rich

P.S. Once the script is finished, I don't care if it's published/shared for free to others Smile
what do you mean display weather? Like in a corner of the screen? Overlay at the top? I'm willing to take a stab at it, but I need some more detail on what you're envisioning...
ktbcrash Wrote:Hey all you programmers out there. I can't afford much ($100) but I hope it's enough to peak someones interest. I believe it's a simple script but I could be wrong.

What I need (it's for a retail business so they can display info/ads/weather in-store) is to be able to pick a folder to read from. The script plays all Movies and Images from that folder. Along with playing all movies and images, it will also display the weather randomly. The script will need to be on a continuous loop and never really be touched.

- Need an option so I can pick how long all images get displayed (i.e. 30, 60, 90, 120 seconds etc).
- Need an option to turn the weather displaying on/off (maybe also an option to display weather after every X amount of videos/images?).
- Need an option to randomize the content (if this can be done), otherwise it just reads in in order?.

Would also need the script to be able to auto update itself so when new content is added to the folder, it will get displayed (and old content removed).

Any willing programmers, please post, pm or email me.

Thanks! and I hope someone is willing to help me out. I have zero clue on what to do Smile

Rich

P.S. Once the script is finished, I don't care if it's published/shared for free to others Smile

XBMC sounds like absolute over kill for this. But I guess it'll work.

You could easily set something up with mplayer and a bash script.

Some bash scripts to make a pretty weather display.
It sounds like some minor mods to the Cinema Experience add-on would do exactly what you want without re-inventing the wheel.
spartan711 Wrote:what do you mean display weather? Like in a corner of the screen? Overlay at the top? I'm willing to take a stab at it, but I need some more detail on what you're envisioning...

The actual weather app... The full page app that displays current conditions and the next few days. Not a small corner overlay thing. The one you launch from the main home page.

An example would be:

Movie
Image (60 seconds)
Image (60 seconds)
Movie
Image (60 seconds)
Weather app (60 seconds)
Movie
Image (60 seconds)
Weather app (60 seconds)

It just goes from one thing to the next. Like a playlist but this playlist handles movies, images and the weather app. If i disable the Weather option, it would just do all movies and images in the folder. If i set to display images for 90 seconds, then all images and weather get displayed for 90 seconds.

Hope that makes sense.

email me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss further or talk in live chat

Thanks!
darkscout Wrote:XBMC sounds like absolute over kill for this. But I guess it'll work.

You could easily set something up with mplayer and a bash script.

Some bash scripts to make a pretty weather display.

It does but I have zero knowledge in coding or design a weather thing. Plus the look and feel of XBMC and it's skins are really nice for the weather page. Smile
stoli Wrote:It sounds like some minor mods to the Cinema Experience add-on would do exactly what you want without re-inventing the wheel.

Didn't know about this Cinema Experience add-on. I'll take a look at it. Maybe all I would need is to get someone to made that for me Smile Thanks for the info.
Why not create a smart playlist ?
CrashX Wrote:Why not create a smart playlist ?

Well, I guess the most important thing is that it can auto update itself without having any human interactions. Start the script and let it run 24/7 (unless it errors). New content can just be placed in the folder and the script will pick it up.

Can smart playlists do all 3 things (Movies, Images, Weather)?

Thanks