Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 10 USB wake up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if the default linux kernal used by XBMC 10 has the same issues as beta 2 with regard to usb wake up (ie waking up via wmc remote). I had to downgrade the kernal in beta 2.
Does anyone know the linux kernal that xbmc 10 uses so that I can do my own searches to see if it the same as the kernal for beta 2 or if it has issues with MCE remotes?
Fresh install last night. It requires manual setup as it did before but it works fine.
coolblue2000 Wrote:Does anyone know the linux kernal that xbmc 10 uses so that I can do my own searches to see if it the same as the kernal for beta 2 or if it has issues with MCE remotes?

2.6.32-26-generic
FishOil Wrote:Fresh install last night. It requires manual setup as it did before but it works fine.

By manual setup do you just mean the config or the kernal rollback? I noticed from your other reply that the kernal is newer than the beta 2 one so I was hoping that it had fixed the mce usb wake issue?

It is not major issue if I need to roll back but it gives me an idea on how much time I need to set aside for the upgrade.
coolblue2000 Wrote:By manual setup do you just mean the config or the kernal rollback? I noticed from your other reply that the kernal is newer than the beta 2 one so I was hoping that it had fixed the mce usb wake issue?

It is not major issue if I need to roll back but it gives me an idea on how much time I need to set aside for the upgrade.

Setup as in the suspend resume XBMC wiki

/proc/acpi/wakeup

/etc/rc.local
How do you rollback to a previous kernel?
rflores2323 Wrote:How do you rollback to a previous kernel?

http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-76944.html

read down the thread for the rollback commands.
FishOil Wrote:Setup as in the suspend resume XBMC wiki

/proc/acpi/wakeup

/etc/rc.local

Thanks for the info
coolblue2000 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-76944.html

read down the thread for the rollback commands.

awesome worked

Code:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.32-27-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-27-generic
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-26-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-26-generic