Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Screen Doesn't Fit Even After Calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just got XBMC running on Apple TV and I'm having trouble getting the display to fit onto my TV screen. The bottom where the news feed is supposed to be is cut in half and it also looks like the top is chopped a bit. I have run the video calibration, that fixes the initial cutoff on the left and right sides.

Here's how my system is configured:

My Television: 42" Plasma 720P, Vizio VP423 (link to manual if it helps: http://www.vizio.com/documents/downloads...Manual.pdf)

AppleTV Resolution Setting: 720P

XBMC Display Mode: Full Screen #1 (only option available)
Display: 1280x720 (only option available)

I just upgraded from running XBMC on my XBOX to AppleTV so I'm guessing it must be an HD setting but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
rawood Wrote:Hi,

I just got XBMC running on Apple TV and I'm having trouble getting the display to fit onto my TV screen. The bottom where the news feed is supposed to be is cut in half and it also looks like the top is chopped a bit. I have run the video calibration, that fixes the initial cutoff on the left and right sides.

Here's how my system is configured:

My Television: 42" Plasma 720P, Vizio VP423 (link to manual if it helps: http://www.vizio.com/documents/downloads...Manual.pdf)

AppleTV Resolution Setting: 720P

XBMC Display Mode: Full Screen #1 (only option available)
Display: 1280x720 (only option available)

I just upgraded from running XBMC on my XBOX to AppleTV so I'm guessing it must be an HD setting but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Turn on 1:1 pixel mapping on your TV. Sounds like it's currently set to over-scan.

Looking over your manual. I have no idea. Maybe section 3.9.4?

z
Thanks for the quick response. But that didn't do it. None of those settings did anything. I don't think my tv supports 1:1 pixel mapping....
Rawood, at a risk of sounding silly the calibration allows you to bring all the sides in, sounds like you have only bought the left and right edges in.
garyi Wrote:Rawood, at a risk of sounding silly the calibration allows you to bring all the sides in, sounds like you have only bought the left and right edges in.

NO!!! I don't believe it. That was it. I feel really stupid. Thanks a lot... Problem Solved.
rawood Wrote:NO!!! I don't believe it. That was it. I feel really stupid. Thanks a lot... Problem Solved.

This gets overused. A lot. And it annoys me that it does. But this time I can sincerely and genuinely say "LOL"!

Thank you.
you don't need to calibrate anything.

follow these easy steps: -

1) go to system tab in xmbc
2) go to settings
3) go to appearance
4) tab down on the 'skin' tab to 'zoom' and reduce to -6

DONE and you're welcome Smile
(2012-06-01, 03:57)cjnemeth Wrote: [ -> ]you don't need to calibrate anything.

follow these easy steps: -

1) go to system tab in xmbc
2) go to settings
3) go to appearance
4) tab down on the 'skin' tab to 'zoom' and reduce to -6

DONE and you're welcome Smile

You're joking....right? This thread's about 15 months old.