Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dock settings being reset after standby with XBMC running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I've noticed an issue with the current release for OS X (10.0) where if I have XBMC running, and I allow the system to go into standby, then wake the system, finish using XBMC, and quit back to OS X desktop, my dock's setting to auto-hide has been reset (un-ticked), meaning that my dock is always visible. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I have MobileMe sync my preferences from to and from this machine to my other Macs, being that the said setting is changed back on those too, which is quite annoying!

I have tried setting the correct preference to hide the dock, then run XBMC, then quit it without allowing the system to go into standby, and the setting remains unchanged, so it would seem that it's related to the process of XBMC sleeping the computer, not just XBMC running normally, if this helps?

Does any one know if there is a setting for this that's causing this behaviour, or it a known issue? - Searches so far have not yielded any results like mine.

Here are the details you ask for, for support requests:
OSX Version: OSX v10.6.6 (same behaviour on 10.6.3 too, which was installed when I got the Mac - Only since installing 10.6.6 have I found that XBMC is not recommended on >10.6.3, sorry!!)
Platform: Mid 2010 Mac mini
Install Method: Standard .dmg from XBMC site
SVN rev.: r35648
Reproduction: As mentioned above, Run XBMC > use for any amount of time > sleep the computer from XBMC/allow XBMC to sleep the computer itself > wake the computer with XBMC running > use XBMC then close/just close XBMC > the docks setting to auto-hide is deselected (if previously selected, of course)
System specs.: Mid 2010 Mac mini, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 2.4GHz C2D, 320GB HDD
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/j8a57wgj

Thanks so much for your time.

Cheers,

Joe
known issue with Dharma and there's already a trac ticket for it.
Quote:known issue with Dharma and there's already a trac ticket for it.

Really? Sorry for reporting it again then.

Are you referring to this ticket? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10031 I'm not sure I'm getting the same behaviour, it's more like the opposite. I can't seem to fins a more applicable trac ticket otherwise...

If so, are there any ideas of what could be causing this?

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,

Joe
Bazzy Wrote:Are you referring to this ticket? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10031 I'm not sure I'm getting the same behaviour, it's more like the opposite. I can't seem to fins a more applicable trac ticket otherwise...

If so, are there any ideas of what could be causing this?

Yes, fixes await refactoring windowing under osx.
Ok, that's fine. I'll just sit tight and wait for the next release then.

Thanks,

Joe
I'm waiting for years! When are they going to fix this annoying bug. How difficult can it be to fix it anyway?! It should take the programmers few minutes. Unbelievable. Arent they using XBMC themselves at all? Dont they find it annoying? Why do we need to wait for years? Gheeez....
Quote:I'm waiting for years! When are they going to fix this annoying bug. How difficult can it be to fix it anyway?! It should take the programmers few minutes. Unbelievable. Arent they using XBMC themselves at all? Dont they find it annoying? Why do we need to wait for years? Gheeez....

You should get a refund!
Poor you.