Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi,
Just installed the Browser on my RPi (Running Kodi as an EmulationStation Plugin ). Browser pops up, gives me a 403 error and then I can't figure out how to control it. Space bar opens history (which just contains one link that won't load apparently) and I can't figure out how to interact otherwise. And yes, stuck using my keyboard as my grundig tv decided not to be compatible with the Pi's controller scheme.

Any help is appreciated.
Context menu button shows options (such as entering a URL). I guess I need to change the start page Smile
(2016-04-03, 23:53)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Context menu button shows options (such as entering a URL). I guess I need to change the start page Smile

How do I access the context menu?
Same way you access it from anywhere in Kodi, and it depends on the device. On a keyboard it's 'c'
Thanks for the app. I've started using it today.

It's not picking up on some links. It says no links on this page. Here's the "view source" for the page:

Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<title>Simple Login</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/stylesheet.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700|Comfortaa|Roboto">
<script type="text/javascript"  src="/jscript/includesScript.js"></script>
</head>
<body>

<center>
<h2 id="titles">Movies List</h2><p class="movie_night"><a href = "/pages/playfile.php?name=armageddon" target="_blank">Armageddon</a> <button onclick="OpenDetailsWindow('armageddon.mp4')">Details</button><span class = "res"> 720p </span></p>

<br>
</center>

</body>
</html>

There are actually more links on the page, but I had to cut them out to fit in the max post size for the forum.
I thought maybe it was getting confused with the formatting codes, so I cut back the html to a bare minimum. It's still not seeing any links on this page:

Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<title>Movies Page</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">
</head>
<body>

<h2 id="titles">Movies List</h2><a href = "/pages/playfile.php?name=armageddon" target="_blank">Armageddon</a> <br>
<a href = "/pages/playfile.php?name=avatar" target="_blank">Avatar</a> <br>
<a href = "/pages/playfile.php?name=back_to_the_future_II" target="_blank">Back to the Future Part II</a> <br>
Movie Count: 6<br>
<br>

</body>
</html>

Is there something about this code that is messing it up? It displays OK on the text only side of the screen. But on the side with the clickable links it shows no links. Many other pages on my site show up fine. There is a left side menu and the lnks show up and work fine. But this page doesn't work. Any idea why?

I'm actually making a page that can be views with the Kodi web viewer specifically so I can play movies from my home server while traveling.
Perhaps the spaces around the = after the href so href=" instead of href = "
This module is doing everything I need it to do. Thanks a lot.

When you get back to it, I have a few items for your todo list:

1) The home page is not set - it just says "home page" which gives a file not found error when the browser opens. When you open the widget to set the home page, it shows a dialog which says, "Done", and no way to change the home page.

2) When typing into form fields from an external keyboard, it will accept the letters and numbers, but will not accept any punctuation martks, such a s"." or "//" or "@". For any punctuation you have to switch to the onscreen keyboard. It would be nice if it would take everything you type from the external keyboard.

3) When selecting a movie link, the browser stays in the foreground. You have to mouse up to close the browser and then the movie comes to the foreground. Hopefully it's easy to let the movie player take the focus when a link to a movie file is clicked.

These are minor things, hopefully easy to fix, but not very important. Great contribution.
(2016-04-11, 19:18)mikekehrli Wrote: [ -> ]1) The home page is not set - it just says "home page" which gives a file not found error when the browser opens. When you open the widget to set the home page, it shows a dialog which says, "Done", and no way to change the home page.
There may be some error. I just set the home page without any problems. Try it again, and if it fails get me a log.
And yes, I need to fix where the default home page points to Smile
(2016-04-11, 19:18)mikekehrli Wrote: [ -> ]2) When typing into form fields from an external keyboard, it will accept the letters and numbers, but will not accept any punctuation martks, such a s"." or "//" or "@". For any punctuation you have to switch to the onscreen keyboard. It would be nice if it would take everything you type from the external keyboard.
I'm not sure what you mean. When you have a form field, you have to select the form input item which as far as I know will always bring up the onscreen keyboard, and then you can use your external keyboard to type whatever you want.
(2016-04-11, 19:18)mikekehrli Wrote: [ -> ]3) When selecting a movie link, the browser stays in the foreground. You have to mouse up to close the browser and then the movie comes to the foreground. Hopefully it's easy to let the movie player take the focus when a link to a movie file is clicked.
That's strange. I have never experienced this. Normally, when you play a video, it comes up fullscreen over the browser. What skin are you using?
I need to install the Web browser from a USB stick. You see I am in a hotel room that requires me to answer a question in a browser to get Internet access. A catch 22 situation. Can't have a Web browser install until I have Internet access on my raspberry pi and can't have it due to not having a Web browser. Evening is going to be boring without Internet and movies to stream. I however have a tablet and a connectable USB stick just need to know where I can download the zip and I can install it from USB and I can then become un stuck.
Failed to install a dependency, help
Hello ruuk, thank you for your amazing addon. Im studying computer science, so I can code. But before I invest my time, i need to know if is even possible and if so maybe you could give me some guidance. So my question is: Is it possible to accesss a website rendered?. So its usable. The website that has to be accessed is FHEM. Is it possible to show
that in rendered form or is it impossible?

best regards
(2016-06-23, 19:43)unreal Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ruuk, thank you for your amazing addon. Im studying computer science, so I can code. But before I invest my time, i need to know if is even possible and if so maybe you could give me some guidance. So my question is: Is it possible to accesss a website rendered?. So its usable. The website that has to be accessed is FHEM. Is it possible to show

best regards

While it would be possible to make a python addon that at least to some extent can actually render web pages, you'd basically be writing a web browser from scratch in an environment not suited to web page display. I actually played around with the concept in a limited way and got some pages to render, but it was more for my own interest than anything else.

There is a developer on the team who is working on creating a binary browser addon for Kodi that uses chromium. That's likely a while from being ready for release, but it's definitely the way to get web browsing into Kodi.
(2016-06-23, 21:42)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-23, 19:43)unreal Wrote: [ -> ]Hello ruuk, thank you for your amazing addon. Im studying computer science, so I can code. But before I invest my time, i need to know if is even possible and if so maybe you could give me some guidance. So my question is: Is it possible to accesss a website rendered?. So its usable. The website that has to be accessed is FHEM. Is it possible to show

best regards

While it would be possible to make a python addon thsat at leat to some extent can actually render web pages, you'd basically be writing a web browser from scratch in an environment not suited to web page display. I actually played around with the concept in a limited way and got some pages to render, but it was more for my own interest than anything else.

There is a developer on the team who is working on creating a binary browser addon for Kodi that uses chromium. That's likely a while from being ready for release, but it's definitely the way to get web browsing into Kodi.

Makes sense that it is hard. But how far did you come with your "own interest". Is there maybe something I can build upon?

best regards
Ok, so I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to use this. Smile Maybe I've just got something configured wrong somewhere that's borking it up on me.

Anyway, I can't for the life of me get this thing to do anything except bring up the broken bookmark window (by hitting spacebar). Any attempt to bring up the context menu just doesn't do anything. Tried using a keyboard, tried using the Kodi Remote iphone app. Nada. Any ideas?

This is on a Raspberry Pi 2. Web viewer 0.9.15, Kodi 15.2, OpenElec 6.0.3.

Thanks,
--Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9