Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2018-09-30, 16:07)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately, I have no interest in adding any new features to this add-on.
I sometimes use Web Viewer to play embedded media like podcasts, where a Kodi add-on for the site does not already exist.  But even when a download link was provided on the page, and no JavaScript or redirects are involved, sometimes the links are not playable because of the way the page renders in Web Viewer.  I understand why a plain text browser is not very practical, since it wont be compatible with many web sites -- but I think it would be very useful to have a similar add-on which displays only a list of the embedded audio & video files.
What's the latest version of this add-on?  I just installed version 0.9.21 on LibreELEC 9.0.1.  I used a .zip file.

I was able to track down all of the dependencies and install the add-on.  However, whenever I try to run it, I get a message which says "Web Viewer Error.  Check the log for more information".  When looking at the log, I was able to find a line which seems to indicate that there's an error on line 9 of webviewer.py.  This led me to wonder if I'm using the newest version.

I'm trying to connect to public WiFi, and am trying to use Web Viewer to enter my password on the authorization page.  After searching the web, it seems that Web Viewer is useful for entering passwords for WiFi at hotels.  That's what I'm trying to do.

I recognize that my version of LibreELEC is relatively new.  Could that be part of my problem?  Is Web Viewer currently not compatible with this newest version of LibreELEC?

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate any help that anyone is willing to provide.
(2019-02-01, 01:52)MB32 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-30, 16:07)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately, I have no interest in adding any new features to this add-on.
I sometimes use Web Viewer to play embedded media like podcasts, where a Kodi add-on for the site does not already exist.  But even when a download link was provided on the page, and no JavaScript or redirects are involved, sometimes the links are not playable because of the way the page renders in Web Viewer.  I understand why a plain text browser is not very practical, since it wont be compatible with many web sites -- but I think it would be very useful to have a similar add-on which displays only a list of the embedded audio & video files.

THIS!! All of the "This" Been waiting for something exactly like your asking for.
It says on the info for webviewer that somehow this can be used for addon development... good luck trying to find any help or even
info on that never mind a tutorial.

I still sometimes check the forums and google just in case somebody forks this into a basic addon for
links, images, etc. (basically everything but without the white text browser).

there was once an addon years ago that did an ok job of "THIS"...
but i have no idea what it was called or what it looks like
other than the icon may have been purple and inside the addon was
mp3 category, videos category, and other (all titled in the colour purple or blue).
and well.. yep... you could add a url and it scraped everything were asking for. 

That's all i can remember from the addon but i doubt that even if we find it, it wont work anymore.

If there was anybody with anyway to tear down this webviewer addon to the bear minimum so it only displays directories, links, images, media etc...
then that would be an unbelievable step forward for kodi!
Especially for beginner and advance learners, kodi developers and regex & python learners.
Wink
Hi there.
With the latest major update of Kodi to 19.1 the web viewer addon stopped working i.e. is no longer available.
Is there a way to get it working again, or does anyone have a little tip how to get to a hotel WiFi login page anyhow?
yes im wondering the same thing. cant seem to find a workaround
Anyone, what is status of Web Viewer?
Would love to see this updated also, Kodi needs a decent web browser.
(2024-02-03, 20:59)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to see this updated also, Kodi needs a decent web browser.

the logistics around this seem insurmountable

1. cross platform
2. systems with no mouse you have to consider how you're going to navigate a page (most systems running android, coreelec, libreelec, osmc will be with only a remote)
3. what engine does one pick to be cross platform? webkit?
4. how do you keep it secure, since it is exposed to the internet it is more susceptible to exploit
5. how do you justify a web browser in a 10-foot interface which kodi is designed around

last i looked the kodi chromium addon added ~500MB to Kodi, some systems cannot accommodate that, it would be an insanely big android app f.e.
look at https://github.com/AlwinEsch/web.browser.chromium
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9