Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Are there any stand-alone media manager for Linux that have its own web interface?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have browsed this forum and googled a lot to find the best linux compatible media manager but due to my specific requirements, the best I could find is a java based media manager called mediareader. It works good but I am searching for a manager that would fit with these requirements:

-web based: I am running an apache server and would like to have a web based media manager that I can install and access via any machines. The other reason is because my movies, music, pics, etc (i.e. all my media) is stored on that server with read only access to all the machines, including my slackware htpc running xbmc. Having the media manager on the server via web access would allow to have write permissions to the manager provided there is a password access for the users...

-100% compatible with Linux

I've found xwmm that seems almost what I want, except it needs to be integrated with xbmc which I dont want (xbmc and my media are on two different machines).

Thanks for your suggestions!
I am also looking for a Linux media management solution... I want the ability to generate NFO files. The scrapers do a great job, but I want complet information like audio codec... etc etc.
Couch Potato and Sickbeard will get XBMC to the point where it needs to be.

Export library and get the nfo files from that.
darkscout Wrote:Couch Potato and Sickbeard will get XBMC to the point where it needs to be.

Export library and get the nfo files from that.

Awesome! I will definitely need to get those services running on my FreeNAS as soon as possible then... looks like I have my work cut out for me! Cool
Thanks for these great suggestions! I installed both sick beard and couchpotato and played around a bit with them, but due to lack of time, I did not go very deep...

These applications seems interesting for download management such as a torrent queue (or wishlist), searching media according to specific conditions or requirements (quality, format, duration, etc...) but ultimately, I am searching for an application that would allow me to manage my media information such as movie posters, nfo files, trailer files, etc, so my collection is complete and XBMC can utilize all available data.

All my movies are stored in individual folders. What I need is a central applet or application to manage all that content. I could do all that manually, but that would require browsing over 200 folders (and growing) manually and making sure the files are properly renamed, the trailer files have a *-trailer.* naming, a poster file is present and has the name folder.jpg... you know what I mean...

Will sickbeard & couchpotato allow me to do so?
bump!?! Nobody?
Have you even looked at what they'll do?

CouchPotato will sort Movies.
Sickbeard will sort TV shows.
Quote:Have you even looked at what they'll do?

yeah i did but i believe i miss the boat...

Couchpotato: I used it to add movies and the torrent files got added to my rtorrent client. So it works. The only thing is that I couldnt find any media management functions. So far it works like a movie search engine, searching movies from the web using search criteria.... For example, I used it to download"The other guys". I entered the title in the search bar, selected 1080p as the quality and clicked search. I was presented with a drop down list of the movies that were found. I selected the one I believed to be the right one and it got added to the list. I went to my rtorrent client and the movie was already downloading. Except that, cant find anything else... The "manage" tab is almost empty...

Sickbeard: I believe it uses NZB files? It seems that you need to open a usenet account? Quite frankly I did not have a chance to explore in depth. Am I wrong?
How about you read through the config options for both of them maybe poke around their respective websites and then get back to us.

I've used them both stand alone with out any the NZB function even enabled to automatically sort TV shows and Movies for friends, download subs, download fanart and thumbs.
sickbeard will also allow post-processing of tv shows. just set your tv shows up and start adding in the content from the unsorted stuff.

not sure if CP will do this for existing movies but it will def do it for new movies. i've not used the renaming options in CP but i'm sure if you dig around you'll find something Wink
Sickbeard is SICK! All I had to do is some homeworks... try it a bit!

I'll try couchpotato now and see what it does...

In the meantime, I understand I need to install SABnzb+ and register with a usenet server? I'm new to that. You have to pay? Are there any free news servers? Any alternatives? I just dont feel comfidant to give my financial information to a site I dont even know...

Thanks!
lpallard Wrote:Sickbeard is SICK! All I had to do is some homeworks... try it a bit!

I'll try couchpotato now and see what it does...

In the meantime, I understand I need to install SABnzb+ and register with a usenet server? I'm new to that. You have to pay? Are there any free news servers? Any alternatives? I just dont feel comfidant to give my financial information to a site I dont even know...

ONLY If you want to download new stuff. Like I said, I've used sickbeard as just a sorter before. My campus has an internal program written by some students that just flies on a GigE connection. I'll copy files to my external hard drive and bring them home, drop them in my 'unsorted' folder and let sickbeard do its job.

It also works with torrents (although those aren't as strictly legal in the US),
Personally I love Astraweb, I've had them for over a year. Never had any problems, never noticed any down time.

If you just want to test something out for new shows there is Just4Today. Very limited with 10 day retention (but it should work just fine as a DVR for new shows) and you have to check the website daily to get the new password.
smithr99 Wrote:sickbeard will also allow post-processing of tv shows. just set your tv shows up and start adding in the content from the unsorted stuff.

not sure if CP will do this for existing movies but it will def do it for new movies. i've not used the renaming options in CP but i'm sure if you dig around you'll find something Wink

CP will do this.. you have to add your movies to the download folder and then process it and CP will download all the information for that movie from what I understand.
rflores2323 Wrote:CP will do this.. you have to add your movies to the download folder and then process it and CP will download all the information for that movie from what I understand.

I dont know about that... I changed the path to the location where my movies are stored (within CP's config page) and nothing happened. No nfo files or trailers were downloaded, files were not renamed...

I'll keep searching on the web for a tutorial on how to use CP.

BTW, http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...linux-mint is really good for sickbeard. I wish there were a tutorial that good for CP, I'll keep an eye open!

EDIT: 2 simple questions for you guys:

1-Do you recommend registering with one of these usenet servers? I mean the ones you gotta pay for? Worth the money?
2-At the link above, the guy mentioned (toward the end of the tutorial) that running sickbeard & CP as root was bad. Right now, the way I am setup, I have a startup script (rc.sickbeard & rc.cp) called from rc.local (I am running slackware). Of cource these scripts are run at boot time by the system under the root account.

SB is started with: "python /path/to/sickbeard/SickBeard.py -q -d" & CP is started with "python /path/to/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -q -d"

Any problems using this?
Hey guys!

I am not sure if you guys can provide advice for these questions but please have a look and let me know!

1-Any issues running CP & SB with "python /path/to/sickbeard/SickBeard.py -q -d" & "python /path/to/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -q -d" Huh

2-For some reasons I cant get CP to perform the same kind of duty as SB (clean my movie folders, download the posters, nfo files, trailers, etc etc)... I changed the download folder in the CP options, but nada... I add a movie, it goes to the wanted list, and ends there. nothing else happens. Why?

SickBeard is functioning perfectly right now. I'd like CP to be the same. I imagine once the tab "Manage" gets developed, it will be better...

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2