Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 7 and MCE HP IR not recognized.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone with the MCE Remote kit like this http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HP-MCE-REMOTE-CO...51932bd36d has had issues installing the driver. I heard it was just plug and play but I plugged it into my Acer Revo and I got a "USB not recognized" on Windows 7. Do you guys think I have a bad receiver? I have tried to search for drivers but nothing is working. I can see the red light come on when I press a key on the remote so i know its powered. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I've been at this for hours.
Lots of us herebaouts have used the HP receiver. It should be autodetected and work without any intervention needed. Can you try the receiver on a friend's PC to see if it's a duff receiver?

JR
Yeah I tried it on 3 different computers and the same results. I think it may be a bad apple but I wasn't sure. Man waited like 2 weeks for this thing and now I will have to wait another...sigh