Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] Disturbing "Line" in video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i have XBMC running on my old PC (AMD 2500+, 1Gig RAM, Grafic NVidia 8500, Output HDMI 1080I.

When i watch movies from my USB-HD, i get a "step" inside the display, the part under a line of video seems to be delayed to the part above of that line. This "line" can be seen ony when the movie has some action.

I have tried to do something about using vsync or disabling it, bu´t the results stay the same.

Any hint how to change this? I am using the newest driver for my card downloaded from the nvidia-homepage ...

Is the graphic-card too bad? It is a cheap one for about 30 Euros ...
se my signature on how to post about a problem, please
I am using the latest XBMC-version on an ubuntu 10.10.

Please, only answer if you have something to say and if it is not too hard work to write more than the last post... Smile
The disturbing line is not dependant to any Video Codec, is there When watching online-Videos like Youtube... Think my graphisscard or CPU is Too slow
You make people guess your problem.
Anyway I think that you are experiencing something called Screen tearing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Now check in the Nvidia X Server Settings under X Server XVideo Settings you have Synct to VBlank checked.
Also make sure you disable visual effects under System-Preferences-Appearance-Visual Effects.
These steps solved for me the screen tearing I was experiencing.
I have tried everything with vsync before posting here, does not Change Anything...

Thanks for your help
Turn off desktop effects in gnome.