Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bah! I'm stuck on importing TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've read and read and read through a lot of posts and am completely boggled as to why some TV shows will show up fine and others not. I've read all about the naming conventions and from what I can tell they look legit but I've had some tv shows with file names that appear to NOT follow the naming conventions still show up fine. Here are some examples of files that DO show up in my TV Show list:

The League/The.League.S02E13. 720p MKV DD 5.1 AAC 2.0.mkv

Sons Of Anarchy/Season Two/201 - Albification.avi

East Bound & Down/East Bound & Down/Season 1/Eastbound & Down - 1x06 - Chapter 6, Getting It On With April
**this show has two redundant folders which i did not do intentionally...but it works! this show also has a subfolder titled "metadata" which no other show has?

Ok, so those shows WORK. These do not:

The Pacific/The.Pacific - S01E10 - Part Ten.avi
Band Of Brothers/Band.Of.Brothers.S01E10.Points.m4v
**Both of these shows have xml and nfo files that were generated with a few programs I've been trying such as Media Center Master, TV Rename and Media Companion.

So, to me the ones that aren't working seem to be correct? I've tried taking away the periods between words, adding them...nothing. I've tried all three scrapers I mentioned and then tried with each of the results with no luck.

To review and add some important info here's what I'm working with:

Apple TV, XBMC Dharma, transfer files with WinSCP to a USB drive that is attached to Apple TV. I go into Videos/Add Source/EXTERNAL USB/tvshow folder:

Thanks for any help!
If you aren't gonna sit down and rename everything to the most compatible standard (which I think is Show - S0xE0x) then use something like sickbeard or Ember to create nfo files.
I think I figured it out...had nothing to do with my naming conventions ( although I did fix them all ) but rather the way I was adding them to my library. Since I had my TV shows on my External USB drive I was adding each show as a source when I should have just been going into Videos/External/show name and then setting the content, updating show info, etc. The only issue I'm having now is some of the shows seasons aren't showing up in TV but I'll sort that out.

Thanks!