Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio output device no longer has "default" in pull-down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loaded the latest version of xbmc live (10.0) from the iso cdrom image. I had sound while playing audio files, but no sound with the DVD or H264 videos from the stereo line out connector.

I have a Tyan 2865 MoBo with a NVIDIA CK804 chip. I understand it is only 2 channel, but would still like to play video with 2 channel audio.

In an attempt to fix the movie sound, I experimented with changing the settings in Audio Output Device. When I began the selection was "default". After unsuccessfully trying all the other options I could think of here, I wanted to set this back to the original "default" setting, since I now have no sound in any mode. The "default" is not a selection in the pull-down and I can't type it into the field. How can I get it back to "default"? Are these selections stored in some configuration file that I can edit?

I also am looking for a cheap sound card that works well in linux xbmc, with an optical output and can be enabled for HDMI. Can you recommend a card that will work well?

TIA
Anyone have a fix for this I have the same problem and now windows has a problem coming out of sleep mode.

Thanks, Jesse
I don't know the cause. I was able to select custom and type in "default", which seclected the default pcm and worked.