Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get FanArt of TV Show to display at Home screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried it with editing the RecentlyAdded.py script, but when making changes it won't run anymore?
I just want to retrieve the path of the location of the ListItem from the episode. So LastItem.Path
won't work.

I want the FanArt downloaded by the logo script to display at the homescreen so I tought. To do
something like I have seen before and thats based on $INFO[ListItem.Path]fanart.png and
that is $INFO[Container(8011).ListItem.Property(Path)]fanart.png

But won't work..

Any help??
both the Recently added script and the Random items script are a bit buggy when it comes to Episode fanart.

it works for some, but not for others.
my guess is you're experiencing the same issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378&page=6
ronie Wrote:both the Recently added script and the Random items script are a bit buggy when it comes to Episode fanart.

it works for some, but not for others.
my guess is you're experiencing the same issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378&page=6

Ok could be, but what I want is not especially the fanart of the episode it self. Because those aren't there in my database at least.

I want to load the clearart.png from within the tvshow folder. For example I have the TVShow
Dexter located at ..\tvshows\Dexter the episode path is ..\tvshows\Dexter\S01E1.AVI
now I want to load the clearart.png from this TV Show located in same directory.. But the RecentlyAdded.py
script loads full filepath into Path variable. Want I want is modify the python script so it also supports
TVShowPath with has the Path to the episode so without the filename.
Thinking of building an python script myself specially for the homescreen wich gets the fanart by keeping the fanart in the property TVShows.showname, and then use this in texture tag.

I think I will edit the RecentlyAdded.py by adding the TVShow from the TVShow within the database, shouldn't be that hard, I know SQL very good and also code languages. Goint to look into it tonight..